PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic clutch

KEVIN
02-10-2005, 04:08 AM
have a R and was wondering if anyone runs a hydraulic clutch and whats the benefit other than clutch pull. also should i save and get a grs stabilizer or just get the denton rebuildable and save$. how often do you actually azdjust your stabalizer during a race?????

Extreem
02-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey....Middleboro here. You're going to spend way too much money for a hydro set up to get a little bit softer pull. By the stabilizer .......

National#6
02-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Works connection makes a perch that has a bearing and alot easier pull. If you are going to race you can't beat the Rekluse z start clutch, there is nothing like it. I run one on my 450 R and it shifts flawless, I also have the manual override on the perch to help with starts. This set up helped my arm pump by over 50% + you can avoid stalling your machine 99% of the time.

KEVIN
02-17-2005, 06:44 PM
i want to know what more think of the rekluse and what about the stabilizer can i just go with the denton stabilizer?

dn1911
02-17-2005, 11:05 PM
the Rekluse's work very well from what i have seen. but you will have to be willing to do more routine maitenence on the clutch. nothing major just check the clearences here and there.

the Denton's work well, but i still think the Scotts GPR work better but alot more exspensive.

National#6
02-19-2005, 02:11 PM
I run the Denton. They have 2 models. The completly rebuildable one is not as good in my opinion because the diameter of the shaft is smaller and does not offer as much dampening resistance, it is silver with a silver body. The other dampener is rebuildable also accept for the outer body (cylinder). It has the larger diameter shaft and is much better. It has 6 settings and you can easily adjust it. You will need some room down in front of your radiator to mount this product. This is the best one for the money you will spend. It is around $150.00

PEPwalshZ440
02-19-2005, 02:47 PM
if you're doing any kind of racing besides GNCC i wouldn't reccomend the rekluse....especially not MX racing...but for rec riding and gncc'ing....go for it

Martin Blair
02-19-2005, 07:34 PM
only problem i see with the rekluse is that it rolls when shut off, like if im riding with friends and am on a hill i cant leave it in gear to hold it their, and im not putting parking break back on

National#6
02-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I run the REKLUSE in my 450R and I race the GP style courses. I would highly recommend it if you stall your machine alot because of arm pump, it also shifts alot faster. You will record faster lap times with the REKLUSE no matter which track you are on, you just have to get used to the clutch which doesn't take long.