PDA

View Full Version : I need to buy ASAP

QuadJunkies
02-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Well, I had high hopes of getting a set of KFab nerfs, but Ive givin up after waiting for three months... :ermm: I think that hes just too busy. My girl needs nerfs BAD and Im not waiting any longer...But I want a set with heel guards. At one time, someone posted a set that had heel guards and I cant find the link anymore... :confused:
If there is something out thats new PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. She is geting very tall and is starting to get a big cramped and shes more aggressive than she used to be , I want her safe.... :) thanks for any help.... ;)

newnick
02-10-2005, 03:01 AM
ebay, Hellbound racing has ac's with heelgaurd about 140.00$

QuadJunkies
02-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by newnick
ebay, Hellbound racing has ac's with heelgaurd about 140.00$ they dont make them with heel guards for the minis do they???:confused: I didnt think AC did for minis...

There a place that makes them for about the same price that do make them with heel guards ,it was like a solid metal heel guard...

250rpilot
02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
QJ, check this out....hetrick racing (http://www.hetrickracing.com/minichassis.htm) http://www.hetrickracing.com/nerfsonbike.jpg

little50
02-10-2005, 11:42 AM
I bought my AC nerfs with heal guards at hellbound racing they had the best price and shipped right away.

Quadjunkie, I know how you feel about k-fab, I have a set of a-arms on order for a long time also, I just gave up hope and found elsewhere, it's to bad, he has really great stuff, but I guess when your that busy you have to pick and choose on what's going to make you the most money.

QuadJunkies
02-10-2005, 11:58 AM
those Hetrick ones look SMALL :huh Or is it just me???
seems kinda high for a nerf ??? That more than we pd for my Pro Armour with nicer heel guards.... :o

Thers one out three for around 140.00 that had heel guards.. Ill keep looking....

Yeah, he seems pretty busy at Kfab, but if you are overwhelmed, I would have much rather been told that so I wouldnt have wasted three months waiting :ermm: I can respect that ;)

Livin4Real
02-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Those ones in the Hetrick pick are the same ones hellbound sells
for $140. I love the set on my kids kasea

newnick
02-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Those are the same ones in the pic. I think they look small for some reason, not sure why. They look good on my boys quad thats for sure.

AtvMxRider
02-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
Those ones in the Hetrick pick are the same ones hellbound sells
for $140.

Thats true I bought my son's AC nerfs from Hellbound but I didn't install the heal guards.

QuadJunkies
02-10-2005, 09:50 PM
So they are 140.00 BEFORE the heel guards??? WOW.. ths not mucxh different than Kfabs!! :eek:
well, I found the link I was looking for.. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126146
turns out it is indeed this nerf... :)

I REALLY wish Kfab would call me!! I Like his BY FAR more than the AC nerfs....
:ermm: :( I would hate to settle for a set I really dont like...My Daughter really likes Kfabs better too, she is actually using all her Bday money to by her OWN nerfs !! I thought that was pretty cool for an 11 year old to want to do... :)

thanks for all your help.... :)

bigdaddy
02-10-2005, 09:59 PM
I put a set of AC nerfs with heel gaurds on my sons Polaris 90. They sure are the ticket, they look small on the pictures but they even fit my big feet. I bought his through Ron at Certified Racing. He is a dealer for Hetricks. Great guy and i thought a good price. Hope this helps:D

Livin4Real
02-10-2005, 10:35 PM
No, they are $140 WITH the heel guards. You won't find them any cheaper than hellbound.

Livin4Real
02-10-2005, 10:37 PM
This isn't Hellbound but the same nerfs and a great price still

Nerf Bars (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4525593112&category=43972)

QuadJunkies
02-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Ive never done the Ebay before... :o :p lol
thanks for your help guys!! Ill see what sis thinks tomorrow and see if she wants to get them or wait.... ;)

AtvMxRider
02-11-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ive never done the Ebay before... :o :p lol
thanks for your help guys!! Ill see what sis thinks tomorrow and see if she wants to get them or wait.... ;)

You can just call Hellbound you don't have to get them off ebay. they are still $140

QuadJunkies
02-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You can just call Hellbound you don't have to get them off ebay. they are still $140 I think thats what Ill do ..... ;)

Birddogg
02-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Has anyone tried these AC nerfs on a TRX90? I don't really care for the DG units. A little welding & fab work doesn't bother me just want to know if there are any clearance issues.

MadSea862
02-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Hey 250rpilot where exactly are you at in Sellersville my man, Heck you can't be but a mile or so from us. Where you ride/race at? You run the Nationals?

QuadJunkies
02-12-2005, 01:06 AM
well, I went ahead and ordered nerfs from Hellbound racing today. :)

AtvMxRider
02-12-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
well, I went ahead and ordered nerfs from Hellbound racing today. :)

Ericthered rdr
02-12-2005, 08:01 AM
cool you get to take pics of the install and post them for me before I order a set for Tommy:blah: :D

BTW I have ordered from HB and they are great!

newnick
02-12-2005, 11:57 AM
There are some good instructions on how to mount them on miniatv's.com. They do not come with instructions.

Ericthered rdr
02-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by newnick
There are some good instructions on how to mount them on miniatv's.com. They do not come with instructions.

It is a straight forward install. The only thing that sucks is welding the bungs on. But pics are always cool.....really cool when Tina is in them :eek2: :blah: :devil:

newnick
02-13-2005, 05:34 AM
Well I'd like to see some pics of the install also then.

foleyit
02-13-2005, 10:24 PM
QJ -- I have a set of these nerf bars with heel guards setup on my daughter's Kasea 50. Instructions would have been helpful.

QuadJunkies
02-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by foleyit
QJ -- I have a set of these nerf bars with heel guards setup on my daughter's Kasea 50. Instructions would have been helpful. I asked them if directions come with and they said 9 out of 10 times they dont come with any... :confused: so I hope the install goes OK... :ermm:

QuadJunkies
02-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Ericthered rdr
It is a straight forward install. The only thing that sucks is welding the bungs on. But pics are always cool.....really cool when Tina is in them :eek2: :blah: :devil: :o ;)

foleyit
02-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Puzzles are cool, but when it comes to making something safe for the kids and not provide any instructions isn't. There are couple versions of these AC Racing nerf bars that I've seen out there.

The 1st type may seem like more work, but I think it provides the safest installation. The 2nd version is what I have on my quad -- what a pain in the *****.

1) This requires you to weld tabs on the frame in order to mount the nerf bars.

2) This has some additional mounting hardware included for both the front mounts, and a bar in the rear that runs across the quad between frame and engine to mount the rear portion of the nerfs to. If you have this version, then it appears that they can only be mounted one way, but then they don't fit. Unfortunately, you're not told that there is a tab on the motor where a brake cable would go through, and you need to grind that off in order for this bar to fit. Also, a much needed griding on the engine case was necessary in order to get the bar back far enough. In addition, the tube on the nerf bar, is substantially larger than that of the bar it mounts to. As a result, you have to pinch the nerfs to the mounting bar tab for a tight fit.

I haven't frabricated a bushing insert to slide over that rear mounting bar and slide the nerf over to get a better fit.

In either case, the nerf bars and the heel guards do NOT come pre-drilled for installation. Your having to drill holes both in the nerf bars themselves and the mounting tabs/mounting hardware as needed.

Good luck!

markvette
02-14-2005, 08:39 AM
tina
i will get you some measurements thursday where to weld the nerf tabs. billy has a viper at his shop now with a set of ac nerfs on it. just need the measurements for the front tabs and the back will just go where they need to be for the nerfs to slide on. they come with bolts to mount the nerfs to the tabs but none for the heel guards. you will need 4 6mm bolts, washers and 4 locking nuts for the heel guards plus you have to drill the heel guards.

Mark

QuadJunkies
02-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Ok... now Im getting a little spooked on the instal nightmare :huh :eek2: . lol

Markvette~~
this is going on my Daughters Kasea, is the weld spots going to be the same? Im guessing this is gonna mke her new PC all messed up now too??.....:mad:

markvette
02-14-2005, 10:11 AM
yes the welds should be in the same spot. its not a bad install, i put on 3 sets last week.

Mark

newnick
02-14-2005, 12:52 PM
It sounds bad, espesially with the new pwdercoating. But its worth it, these are built very strong and look great and will actually be a safety investment. We had some bolt on ones on ours before these and they actually fell apart in about 6 mos of use. These ac's won't be falling apart any time soon.

Livin4Real
02-14-2005, 09:34 PM
As far as the powdercoating goes, you will need to sand down the area your welding to. Also do not weld the spuds to the
tabs on the frame where the original foot pegs bolted on to as
these have a good chance of failing if welded to. It's easier to
just cut off the tabs and then weld the bars to the frame. Make
sure the pegs are in the right spot for your kid before welding
and also make sure you have plenty of clearance between the nerfs and the front and rear tires. (All of this pertains to the Kasea, as that's what I have)

QuadJunkies
02-14-2005, 11:57 PM
thanks for tall the great suggestions.. Im gonna print this up and give it to my hubby so he has what he needs when he installs them..... :)

QuadJunkies
02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
this is just was I was expecting.... nothing will mount up properly...:mad: The end of each weld could have been MUCH better. They left a gap or crack at the end of a few of the welds .The bend of the nerf bar is alittle bit different from the left to the right side .One out of four heel guard mounting tabs were put on a welded on wrong. Should have been flat and its been rotated up about an inch... We cant even install these.. teh yare usesless right now!:mad: If you cut the tab off and find someone to reweld,it could end uip looking like chit and shouldnt be something we should have to fix anyhow...:rolleyes: SAo I guess we will be callng AC and demanding a new set with NO SHIPPING and they can also do a will call on the set we got cause Im sure not paying to send them back . We will just see how good there customer service REALLY is ...
Here some of the pics I have....

QuadJunkies
02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
:ermm:

QuadJunkies
02-21-2005, 01:44 PM
notice the tab on the right....

QuadJunkies
02-21-2005, 01:44 PM
I would have expected better from AC ....

markvette
02-21-2005, 03:25 PM
most of the ones i have put on have been very poorly made. you can not weld the frame tabs on straight and most the nerf bar tubes are not straight. i have also had the same problem with all the heel guard mounting tabs. i have made all of them work so far. if you send them back for another pair you will not get any better than what you have already. hate to tell you that but that has been my experiance.

Mark

QuadJunkies
02-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Ill be sending them a copy of this topic l, mabe even a phone call. they can see where they need top make some improvements..To me thats a rip off sending peeps nerfs that are made this poorly....:rolleyes: NOw I REALLY wish I had just waited it out and got Kfabs but its too late now...... :ermm:

newnick
02-21-2005, 04:19 PM
I looked at the tabs on ours and they look just like yours. I was able to get the guards on without a problem, they are straight and look right. The front tubes were also longer than the back, but you have to cut them when you put them on, so that really dosn't matter. I put +3 arms on and 2" spacers in the back. I cut just the front tubes, but could have taken a 1/2" or so off the back also. If your quad is narrower you will have to cut both anyway. The tubes not being bent identically won't matter either cause you can bend them a little to install, their like a spring sort of.We're realy happy with ours.