PDA

View Full Version : 416 or FCR

gojk
05-02-2002, 12:11 AM
What would you guys recommend to get, and FCR carb or the 416 kit from MARCUMs. I will eventually do both but what should be first. I think the 416 but the FCR is simply bolt on and adjust for instant power. Also what kind of time frame did it take to get Terry to do your motor work. Is like just a few weeks or was it like months?

VegasEx'r
05-02-2002, 12:36 AM
I think you'd get more power out of the carb after you have put in a bigger piston & cam, so I 'd go with the 416 kit first. I didn't have Terry do my machine work, but he did say he had 1 day turn-around on the bore jobs (& polish/port jobs, too, I think), so the rest we just waiting on shipping to & from.

hetrick425ex
05-02-2002, 05:47 AM
if you have a stock engine and get a huge carb without increasing the compression or bore you might notice a little but most of all youll probably get a bog, i would go with the 416 kit first then the carb...also good choice on the carb! FCR!
my opinion...
Casey

oynot400
05-02-2002, 08:16 AM
I agree, a larger carb will not add that much more power to a engine that can't handle the extra volume of air/fuel. I would do the 416 with a cam and let the motor breath. Then you will notice more of a power increase when you add the carb later.