PDA

View Full Version : Keep The R Alive

elchankoblanko
02-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I think a lot of people are underestimating the R and sayin that 2 strokes are a thing of the past. And that a 250R cant be competitive anymore. I completly disagree with all of them. While those new 4 strokes are pretty sweet, the R can hang with the best of um. I even remember reading an article where doug gust said that even he would get nervous racing a modded R against his Z. I kind of see the R as the muscle car of the quad world, even though there not made any more you dont want to screw with one. To everyone out there riding and racing an R, I salute you. LONG LIVE THE R!!

bone705
02-09-2005, 06:03 PM
as a proud R racer i agree with you. there is no doubt that the old R has any trouble keeping up with the newer 4 strokes. its just that its alot easier to make those new machinces go faster. the R takes a bit more skill to go as fast. but its def. a great race machine.

beak7707
02-09-2005, 06:33 PM
i agree with both of you, I raced a 250r and beat many a 4 strokers. But like bone said its a lot easier to make a new 4 knocker run. Anybody can get on one and be fast, where the 250r you have to know how to ride. I still think the 250r is the most fun to ride, but the new 450's are alot eaier to race and go fast. I'm with you though long live the R!

Eddiesanders250
02-09-2005, 07:25 PM
I totally agree with all of you. they should bring back the R. although if they did it would be pretty spendy just like all quads these days. but it sucks it probably wont ever happen. people have been sayin for a long time now how the 250Rs were a thing in the past but still havent made a 4 stroke faster than it

Long live the R

baker250r
02-10-2005, 08:13 PM
yea, im preaty sure the points leader for both dist 16, and wisconsic outlaw quad series in 2004 was on none other than a 250r! i finally got a 250r this last fall, and had only rode it once b4 i raced it... and i blew my own socks of with how good i did that race. but i will say.... would rather buy a new 450 just because u dont have to go thru and replace everthing after you buy it...... lol. i already went thru this R and spend a good grand or 2, and it was well worth it!

zedicus00
02-10-2005, 08:46 PM
i love my r. a lot of its becuz its a quad u hafta know how to drive to go fast. like new sports cars with abs breaks and a automatic. what the heck is that? the R is a machine for skill. not a machine made to b easy to use and user friendly.... i could go on forever.

pismoracer
02-10-2005, 09:04 PM
I will do everything in my power to see that the R lives on for generations to come!

zedicus00
02-11-2005, 08:16 AM
i just hav one question...if they really wanted to end use of 2 strokes couldnt they put a ban or limit on our presiouce 2 stroke mix oil? i would think if they made it so u had to b a racer or hav sum sort of license or sumthin like that 2 stroke use would go down... (of course then there would b a black market for 2 stroke oil, would suck to get 10-15 in the slam for traficking...OIL)

jgracing
02-11-2005, 10:47 AM
the fellowship of the R dude.

ill never sell mine

zedicus00
02-11-2005, 10:51 AM
o ill never sell mine either....they g unna hafta bury my ars with it... im jus curious how long it is gunna b b4 we hav to build,machine,modify,mix all our own stuff bucuz it cant b sold anymore...

CHAR250R
02-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I've had my 88R since it was new. I've had alot of other 4 stroke 3&4 wheelers. They come and go, but the R is still my favorite. The only other ATV I liked almost as much as my R were a couple of Quadzilla 500's I had. Not much for reliability or handling, but they hauled *****.

pharit
02-13-2005, 04:48 PM
i've rode honda as long as i can remember and last year around this time is when i got my first R now i got two of them an 86 and a 88 a love them i don;t think i;ll ever get rid of the 88 but yes long live the 250R