PDA

View Full Version : pro atv license?????????????

wheeliemaster
02-09-2005, 05:16 PM
hey, i was talking to one of the track opperators by my house and she said that for me to race in the pro class because i am lapping people in the amature class that i would have to get a pro license in order to race pro , if so, does anyone know were i can get a pro license at??? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

jrspawn
02-10-2005, 06:44 AM
Hey, i think your should try racing some national races if your thinking of going pro. Otherwise a class is all your gonna have for local races.

justin

400grl
02-10-2005, 07:07 AM
We just had a HUGE 5 page debate on our local forum about going Pro and going back down a class - how once you go Pro you don't get to go back down. No one can force you to go Pro.......from what I understand? Take it seriously.....if you go Pro at your local track, you go Pro all over!!

pgregg85
02-10-2005, 07:13 AM
The national pro's can still race the local A class since thats the highest it is locally. They just cant race anyrthing lower than pro-am at the nationals.

gizmocor
02-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Regarding your "pro-license", I don't believe there is a such thing. The AMA doesn't recognize any form of ATV racing as "PRO" racing so unless your riding on 2 wheels I don't believe their is any such requirements. Some tracks or series may have regulations for running Pro in there series and there are some AMA rules on this but you don't need a license to my knowledge and most of it can be waived based on promoter discretion.

gimp419
02-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Just because you race "Pro" locally doesn't mean you have to at the national level. To stay legal you can't race in anything below A class at a national if you race "Pro" locally. You don't have to sign up in Pro or Pro-Am at a national if you don't want to. If you're lapping people then it's time to move up!

Bonnie Cook
02-10-2005, 11:36 AM
The GNCC's believe if you are getting paid for winning a Pro Class in your local level - then you should be in the Pro Class in the GNCC's, otherwise, you have to prove you are a Pro rider by winning or dominating the Pro Am Class

400grl
02-10-2005, 11:50 AM
I've never understood why local Pro's drop themselves a class and race the A class (unless they are racing a non-production quad).....why don't they race Pro AM at least?? (GNC)

gizmocor
02-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I've never understood why local Pro's drop themselves a class and race the A class (unless they are racing a non-production quad).....why don't they race Pro AM at least?? (GNC)

costs less money and have the opportunity to win a championship. There are so many Pro riders out there and only a handfull will ever win pro championships. Earn your stats and titles as an amateur, cause once you go pro you may never have another legitimate shot at a title!!!

Zhvonte
02-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Best I understand for those organization that has seperate licenses for pro and non-pros, its simply your SS number on the paperwork for the organization to report to in regards to earnings as it should be legitimently reported....

markk
02-10-2005, 03:24 PM
I know of a guy in GNCC that has won a cetrain class 3 time, posibly more, And still isnt runing a pro, or a pro-am class yet!

But i think they are right, once u go to the level u cant drop back down!

diangelo#67
02-10-2005, 06:40 PM
for the original Q:
there is no pro atv license yet
they are trying to create one so joe shmo dosen't hurt himself riding with the pro's there is one for dirt bikes but not quads

cdalejef
02-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I've never understood why local Pro's drop themselves a class and race the A class (unless they are racing a non-production quad).....why don't they race Pro AM at least?? (GNC) I'm not sure about GNC but a rider must qualify to run the pro class in the GNCC's.

a. Top 10 overall riders from previous year's GNCC are required to race Pro, unless eligible for an age class.

b. The following riders are eligible, but not required, to race Pro: riders placing 11-25 overall the previous year; top 10 GNC Pro Class riders from the previous year; or by promoter discretion.

GNC_Reporter
02-11-2005, 02:35 PM
If you pull out your AMA/ATVA Rulebook (PDF) (http://www.ama-cycle.org/rulebooks/AmateurRules2005.pdf) and turn to Chapter 2, Section B, Number 2. It reads verbatim like this:

Participation in or advancement to a higher class in any AMA or non AMA activity by any rider will result in permanant advancement to that higher class (in like activity) in all AMA sanctioned competition.

For those that think that you can race locally as a Pro then race "A" at the Nationals you are setting yourself for a protest that would indeed disqualify you. Same goes if you are an "A" locally and want to race the "C" nationally. All you need to do is ask not only the AMA/ATVA but also Skyler Stewart as this very thing happened to him last year. If someone can provide proof (i.e. race results with your name listed in a Pro class that you raced whether it's an AMA or non-AMA event) and then protest you at an event, you will lose.

Just thought I'd share the correct answer to this question.

Also, no one can force you into the Pro class as they are setting you up for failure if you wanted to race the Nationals. If it is a sanctioned event "A" is the highest you can ever be forced to ride in. (*GNCC is it's own thing promoted by Racer Productions and mandates their Pro rider list and eligibilty based on their supplemental rules and such.) If you are not ready to be a Pro Nationally you are not ready to be a Pro locally (same with A, B and C) as there is no difference when it comes to AMA rules.

BTW, there is no Pro ATV GNC MX/TT racing license...yet!

*Edit - needed to specify as GNCC is a different ballgame on the local vs. national level.

cdalejef
02-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Thats not the case in GNCC's, you must qualify the previous year before you can run pro.

Zhvonte
02-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Just curious though, XC is completely different than mx, this still means pro is pro??

cdalejef
02-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Zhvonte
Just curious though, XC is completely different than mx, this still means pro is pro?? What? :confused:

coryatver
02-11-2005, 03:50 PM
In the GNCC FAQ is says

If you race in any other series, keep this in mind: whatever class you race in your local series (i.e., A, B or C) you must also race in the GNCC Series. So if you race B in your local district or local series, you will ride the B class in GNCC. This applies whether your series is an AMA/ATVA series or not. Riders do not get to drop down a class for the GNCC Series. For example, if you race “A” in SETRA, FTR, NMA, Mid-south, Mid-East, OMA, etc., you must race “A” in GNCC.

cdalejef
02-11-2005, 03:51 PM
The pro class is the exception.

coryatver
02-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Oh ya and then it says farther down the page
38. Who is eligible to ride the ATV Pro Class?
Top 10 overall riders from the previous year's GNCC are required to race Pro, unless eligible for an age class. The following riders are eligible, but not required, to race Pro: riders placing 11-25 overall the previous year; top 10 GNC Pro Class riders from the previous year; or by promoter discretion.

Shawn H
02-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Jeff just said that a few posts ago!!!:huh

coryatver
02-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah I know I just saw the class rule in the gncc faq then i read more and it had the pro rule. Don't you guys have a race to go to?:blah: Good Luck.

Zhvonte
02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
What? :confused:

What part dont you understand?? If you run pro for XC or desert racing, which has absolutely nothing to do with mx, but yet if you decide to run mx, you are screwed to run pro even though you may not be fit for it. I was confirming that to be the case.....

Zhvonte
02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
What? :confused:

What part dont you understand?? If you run pro for XC or desert racing, which has absolutely nothing to do with mx, but yet if you decide to run mx, you are screwed to run pro even though you may not be fit for it. I was confirming that to be the case.....