PDA

View Full Version : camber adjustment

panteramatt
02-09-2005, 05:12 PM
It seems that the left front tire on my 400ex is off camber compared to the other side.The top of the tire sticks out further than the bottom.Is there any way to adjust this and what would cause this? Nothing seems bent.

QuadRacer041
02-10-2005, 06:53 AM
if i remember right the stock a arms are not adjustable.if they seem off something must be tweaked.
to check for sure take a big carpentor square and put one end against your tire and the other against the ground.then measure the gep between the top of your tire and the square on both sides and see if they are off.

panteramatt
02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Yea I know they are not adjustable. I just put on smaller front tires and pep zps front shcoks and it sits low in the front and still stock in the rear for now, would that have anything to do with it?

QuadRacer041
02-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by panteramatt
Yea I know they are not adjustable. I just put on smaller front tires and pep zps front shcoks and it sits low in the front and still stock in the rear for now, would that have anything to do with it?

for sure as the wheel moves through the travel the angle of the front tires will change for sure.if its sitting lover it will make the tires sit farther out at the top, but lowering the rear wont help that you need a arms were you can adjust that.

CTmxyfz
02-10-2005, 01:32 PM
jeeze lou, way to confuse people:p j/k man. its fun busitng you.:eek:

Check out LSR racing's site for help too also. It may help you out.

PS lou. Got some standard travel walsh a arms for the 416.:devil:

QuadRacer041
02-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
jeeze lou, way to confuse people:p j/k man. its fun busitng you.:eek:

Check out LSR racing's site for help too also. It may help you out.

PS lou. Got some standard travel walsh a arms for the 416.:devil:

nice

CTmxyfz
02-10-2005, 02:05 PM
getting closer to being able to ride man! You going to come down to Rocky Hill one day?

QuadRacer041
02-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
getting closer to being able to ride man! You going to come down to Rocky Hill one day?

weres that?

panteramatt
02-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Its only one side that the camber is off.

CTmxyfz
02-10-2005, 06:01 PM
something tells me then your a arm is bent possibly or something. Or i balljoint it hanging up alittle bit. Ride it around for a few and see if it corrects that. Sometimes a balljoint will stick and make it look wierd.

Lou, Rocky Hill CT. we can get jim, me, you, and beerock and/or doc bones to go one day maybe?

honda_runner
02-14-2005, 07:58 PM
dude, I have the same problem on my 04' 4 hundo, but I know something is bent even though I can't see it cause, my friend rolled my quad on one side on the street, and ever since, one tire has more camber then the other. I was pretty pissed cause you can't see the problem, I guess im just gonna start replacing stuff, a-arms first.