PDA

View Full Version : Lt 50 overflow

yfz450xc
02-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Our 2004 Lt 50 has been running gas out of the overflow tube numerous times regardless of the type of use, whether at idle or running speed but it does run out more at idle.
I have had it apart 3 times cleaning it with no luck, modifications are , resistors removed front and rear cylinder sides, 2 holes drilled in plastic air box for more air and better draining from water and baffles removed .
The Lt50 carb sits kinda of crooked in place and tried several ways to include float adjust .
I plug the tube off for awhile if the boy is riding hard it is OK for awhile .
Any ideas would be appreciated

Ericthered rdr
02-09-2005, 05:18 PM
sounds like the needle is not seating properly or at all when and if the float rises as the floatbowl fills?????????????

yfz450xc
02-10-2005, 04:29 AM
I know the float seems a little loose than I would like it to be but I have ied to adjust it as well both high and low, and the needle i have gone over throughly and saw nothing but thatdont mean it is not seating either?
Thanks for the help.

Ericthered rdr
02-10-2005, 06:43 PM
you can manually test the float and needle by removing the carb and the float bowl. Hook up a line to the carb and as fuel flows from the inlet raise the float and see if the needle is seating and cutting off fuel flow. I am only assuming you haven't done this already. Also if I remember correctly LT80 is the guru on the LT50/80 maybey send him a pm. BTW I had a tiny and I mean almost microsopic piece of dirt in my sons LT50 and it would not run worth a darn. Good luck.

yfz450xc
02-14-2005, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the info I havn't tried that trick yet so I am glad you told me didnt think of doing it that way and I know it's not totally possible that I might have overlooked a smaller piece of dirt I will start from scratch again w/ a good cleaning and hook up the line I'll let you know what happens
Thanks again