PDA

View Full Version : legal question

bansheeguy77
02-09-2005, 12:06 PM
i have a quick question and i need help. before i get into it yes i know my friends are complete retards. now, the other night i hung out with them for the first time since may. well one of them wants one of those big mirrors along the roads that are usually for blind spots and other things. so it was me and somebody in one car, and him and 3 other people in his car. me and my friend just followed him and i wasnt even driving i wanted no part of it. they go, couldnt get it it was too high i thought good we are clear. well then they get the bright idea to get a bolt cutter. go back, screw with it for 5 minutes still cant get it. leave. come back 10 min later and they get the pole out of the ground and cut the mirror off of it. now this was infront of about 7 houses all of which had their lights on. plus they did not shut the cars or lights off. the only people who got out were 3 people. me and my friend didnt even stay the whole time. well somebody called the cops cause they recognized my one friend. the cop knew there were 2 cars with 6 people and asked for the mirror back and the truth and everythings fine. we did that, but now the borough doesnt want the mirror and they said they need a whole new pole and mirror.
so i heard that each of us are getting fined 110 bucks. i dont find that to be right at all. i wasnt even in the same car i was basically a bystander in this whole incident. and the state cop said everything is fine but the borough wants to be pricks. so what/how can i get out of this. please help me out. thanks

BLEEDRED
02-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I don't have any legal advice but I can tell you that you were part of it and should have to pay unless you were held/forced to participate against your own free will. Sorry buddy, PAY UP SUCKA!!! :devil:

bansheeguy77
02-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by BLEEDRED
I don't have any legal advice but I can tell you that you were part of it and should have to pay unless you were held/forced to participate against your own free will. Sorry buddy, PAY UP SUCKA!!! :devil:

but thats the thing i kind of was like a hostage. not necessarily but, i didnt want to be part of it or help in any way. i just wondered if popo or anybody who actually knows this law can shine some light for me cause im lost and pissed

zephead400ex
02-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I am not a legal expert by any means, but, sounds like a case of "guilty by association."

Sorry bro!

bansheeguy77
02-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I am not a legal expert by any means, but, sounds like a case of "guilty by association."

Sorry bro!

thats what im afraid of :(

i told the people who actually did it if i get anything for it, im beating my fines out of them....guess i should get the gloves ready now :macho

kazpr
02-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Pay the $110.00 and avoid getting in even worst trouble!!

Tommy 17
02-09-2005, 12:25 PM
hate to say it but ur screwed!

Kennethyfz450
02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
if you would have seen it then turned around and drove off it would have been fine.. but since you stayed until the job was finish your gonna be paying for it...

sorry bro

Ralph
02-09-2005, 12:37 PM
was it a really cool sign?

wilkin250r
02-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Indeed, guilty by association. If you didn't want any part of it, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE WITH THEM! It's really that simple. If you were there as part of the group, then you participated, even if you didn't actually "do" anything.

bansheeguy77
02-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Indeed, guilty by association. If you didn't want any part of it, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE WITH THEM! It's really that simple. If you were there as part of the group, then you participated, even if you didn't actually "do" anything.

yeah i know. i should have gotten out, but figured they didnt have the balls to do it being i was the only one who would do stupid stuff like that back in the day. but now im good cause i got away with alot of stuff i shouldnt have. guess i gotta wait to get this dam fine :(

popo
02-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

Tommy your giving advice after your fake beer bottle with the Police.

hate to say it but ur screwed! Either put a new pole and mirror up or face the theft charges and meet bubba in the jail willing to show his pole.

cool 300ex
02-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Yep your going to get the fine i bet. You were steal there now if you would have seen it and reported it then you would be fine. This happened one befor at a fight a kid got beat up pretty bad and went home told his mom and they called the police. That ngith everyone who was at the fight got called to the police station and they ha dtotell them what they saw. The cop told me if you didn't want to be part of it then you shouldn't have stay he said you should have just seen what was going on then kept going. Atleast i didn't get anything out of it. But the 2 kids that were fighting got $100 fines and then the 2 kids that jumped him when he wa sleaving got $100 fines.

popo
02-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Is it me or I can't understand your spelling.

02-09-2005, 06:12 PM
If you pay for a new pole/mirror, ask to be given the old mirror/pole that your replacing.

derekhonda
02-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Is it just me or are kids getting dumber and dumber everyday? **** im only 19 but atleast i knew when i did **** like that and got caught, their would be repricussions, and i never *****ed about it.

SRH
02-09-2005, 06:15 PM
yeah id def want the old mirror haha

tell your buddies who wouldnt let u out of the car to pay your fine or who ever was involved split your fine up , but if you were there then its just as much your fault

Tommy 17
02-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by popo

hey they jumped to conclusions it wasn't my fault... i didn't get anything out of it bc i'm clean with a perfect record... they thought they could pick on some kids and got pissed when the kids played back... what comes around goes around...

theres a big differnce between a rootbeer bottle and stealing things... i didn't break any laws... i simply had a LEGAL drink;)

popo i know u don't like me over it but i don't really give a damn... i'm not a jerk like u think i am... infact i was going to be a cop myself until i decided on engineering...

bulkdriverlp
02-09-2005, 06:28 PM
you were there and you knew what they were doing was illegal, acessory to a crime. ur screwed. if you werent there at all it would be different story. if you didnt want to be involved you should have got out of the car and walked to a close house and called for a ride. youll learn the hard way....

bansheeguy77
02-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Is it just me or are kids getting dumber and dumber everyday? **** im only 19 but atleast i knew when i did **** like that and got caught, their would be repricussions, and i never *****ed about it.

dude im the same age as you. whenever i got cought doing something i didnt complain i took the punishment cause i know i did the crime. but this time i actually didnt i was just there. i guess i know now that im just as guilty, so i will pay my fine like i should. i thought perhaps being the innocent one i might get out of it. so i feel like im doing the right thing?

and if they do this crap again i am just getting out and walking away or leaving.

as for the mirror i think its going to go in the drinking shed. and the pole is already missing? i was gonna say that i want the pole that im replacing but dont feel like being a little ***** about it. i just want this whole thing resolved and get on with it. as for them i forsee them going to jail because they are already plotting an attack on the person who called us in. granted he was/is a prick to all of us but whatever. hes the driver ed teacher at the school we graduated from. and he would single us out so now he stalks us and trys to catch us doing stuff. so they are going to do something stupid to his house and whatever. im out of it so they can do whatever they please.

thanks for all the responses and help :)

derekhonda
02-09-2005, 08:44 PM
i wasnt trying to single you out there, i just here more and more about kids doing stupid stuff and then complaining when they got caught.

Im not gonna preach im an angel, but i had the most fun with my friends when we were just being disruptive, and not stealing/destroying.

***One of the funniest things a friend and I did when I was 15 or 16 is we knew where there was a bunch of kids staying the night at a house so we rode our bikes over there and they had big yard trampoline, so we pulled it over to their house, got up on their roof, and i lifted every bike (probably like 10) onto the ridge of their roof and stood them all up with their kickstands, and then ran across the street and called them and told them to come meet us somewhere. Funniest things dont always have to be illegal.

popo
02-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
hey they jumped to conclusions it wasn't my fault... i didn't get anything out of it bc i'm clean with a perfect record... they thought they could pick on some kids and got pissed when the kids played back... what comes around goes around...

theres a big differnce between a rootbeer bottle and stealing things... i didn't break any laws... i simply had a LEGAL drink;)

popo i know u don't like me over it but i don't really give a damn... i'm not a jerk like u think i am... infact i was going to be a cop myself until i decided on engineering...

Tommy,Tommy,Tommy. Your knowingly bought a rootbeer that some what resembled a beer bottle, with full intentions to mess with your local Police Dept during a random sobriety check.

True or false?

There was no jumping to conclusions, And I would have done the same by searching your vehicle and occupying your time.

And I really don't give a dahm either, your the one that posted your prank here thinking it was cool and got called out on it.

MY450R
02-10-2005, 07:33 AM

hate to say it but ur screwed! Either put a new pole and mirror up or face the theft charges and meet bubba in the jail willing to show his pole.
haha bubba will put up the pole for ya.right up in your dirt hole lmao:devil:

Tommy 17
02-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Tommy,Tommy,Tommy. Your knowingly bought a rootbeer that some what resembled a beer bottle, with full intentions to mess with your local Police Dept during a random sobriety check.

True or false?

There was no jumping to conclusions, And I would have done the same by searching your vehicle and occupying your time.

And I really don't give a dahm either, your the one that posted your prank here thinking it was cool and got called out on it.
true but they deserved what they got..

sry but cops have no right to stop EVERY teen in the town driving around and do searches of the cars... we didn't do anything to get pulled over and they had no reason for pullings us over... the cop also had no right to throw me over the hood of the car like they did over a damn rootbeer bottle... all of the cops thought it was funny and joked around about it with us except for the one... theres always one who thinks hes better then everyone else bc hes got the badge... almost like his shield or something...

i'd do it agan adn worse if i had the chance... you act like ur some higher person because ur a cop... ur no differnt from anyone else...

i appreciate what cops do but some are real *******s... they pick on the kids bc half of them are scared to deal with the real problems... they could have gone and busted the 30 drug dealers in the parking lot down the road but they won't... hey lets bust the kid lightin up his tires leaving school but leave the adults sell heroine to the kids in the parking lot... i also know half of these soo called "cops" are part of the drug ring in town...

derekhonda
02-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah popo, I also have a question about Police being unhonest and unethical. I have been hearing more and more stories of corrupt cops in the last year, cops busting parties where there is high amounts of drugs and alcohol and then just taking it. Who polices the police? Who can you contact when you feel like the police betrayed you? There are plenty of good cops out there (live next to one....great guy) but theirs a lot of dirtbags out there too.

zephead400ex
02-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Derek, anymore, that stuff happens everywhere; teacher's having sex w/ students, dirty cops, etc. As much as I hate to say it, it's a sign of the times. Things like this have happened since day one, only now are things coming to the forefront and the public is taking notice.

Tommy, dude, I didn't know that crap had happened to you. I guess the only way to solve the "rootbeer bottle" problem is for the makers of the bottle to change the design so it doesn't look like an actual bottle. From what I've read, I 100% agree with you, I somewheat see Popo's point, but legally, you did nothing wrong.

Bansheeguy: so someon's already stole your stolen pole? LMAO!:D

bansheeguy77
02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
hijacking my thread :mad: its cool cause my question has been answered, but it might get locked down if more kids see this being i think 95% of them on here are anti police and everything.

on a side note, derek last year i spent a day with the county sheriffs office. it was a good experience just getting to drive around and sit thru court and everything they do. a few things i picked up from him/ them. we were on a 25mph road he was doing 60. nobody was infront of us it was a back residental road, and i said to him goin a bit fast? he said haha yeah i have a lead foot. right after i said oh so do you give many tickets for bad driving? he said yeah im a hard ***. they dont have radar, but the speedo's are calibrated and they can set up those strips on the road. and he said 6mph and over ur gettinga ticket. also he said he pulls people over for everything that he can unless you are cool. he said if your an *** about it he can nab you for a bunch of things. he said some otehrs there are more lenient.

another story from that day. while sitting in the police station with all the cops eating lunch i noticed the one cop had 4 cases of yuengling sitting beside of his desk. he says hey guys its been a week so we are splitting this up tonight before we leave. they all gave their wahoos or signs of joy. i asked how so, he said it got confiscated, but ya gotta wait a week or something like that then its theirs. i believe cops on a more local level are more prone to being "corrupt" or "bad" cops. the town cops here really dont care at all. they party with kids and smoke pot so its just like they are collecting free money to drive around the town in a car to please the old people who think they are keeping the town safe. its the state cops ya gotta worry about.

i am by no means lying or disrepecting the police in the slightest bit. i wanted to become a cop for the longest time, but had a change of mind i believe. it seems that it is their life rather than a job, to most. plus ive been hearing way too much negative about how its run and how things are and im not sure if i want to do that til im 60. but im just stating what i have seen and witnessed in a day with a police officer. i have a few more things that made me go :huh that day, but i wont get into any more.