PDA

View Full Version : WORCS Phoenix Picts????

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 08:32 AM
What is the deal?????
We are going on 3 weeks with no pictures. The dude in the pits handing out stickers told me all the picts will be up by Monday. I know I'm not the only WORCS rider out there that is getting irritated with this. :grr:

daddio
02-09-2005, 08:59 AM
look here.........
http://www.off-road.com/atv/race/2005worcs/phoenix/galleries.html

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 09:02 AM
I have seen those, the dude with this website told me he was doing full race coverage and photos too.

daddio
02-09-2005, 09:12 AM
oh :uhoh:

bradley300
02-09-2005, 09:37 AM
harlen is an awful busy person and last time i talked to him he was a little sick also. just give it time.

Rico
02-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by WORCS 133
I have seen those, the dude with this website told me he was doing full race coverage and photos too.

I say we put his head on a stake...:mad:

After all he's getting paid like 4 million dollars to do the coverage you'd think he'd get it done on time..:scary:

By the way, tell us how you really feel....:chinese:

400grl
02-09-2005, 10:33 AM
He said he'd have them up this week sometime.......he was running back and forth from AZ to Cali as soon as the WORCS race was over - for like....10 days........he hasn't had much time since then to do his race report. I want to see the coverage SO bad, too..........I'm sure once it's up it will be worth the wait! :)

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm just impatient I see photos and stuff on other sites and want to see what he got. Need more pictures for the collection ya know:D

400grl
02-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Yep.....I LOVE PICS!!! :)

komik
02-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I have ran into some issues with the magazine I was freelancing with. Unfortunately I haven't got the proper paperwork signed so I can't post the pictures I took for the worcs race on my website yet.

400grl
02-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Halen's posting some new ones as we speak!!! :) WOOHOO!!! :)

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 03:05 PM
And guess who the first one up was :D

komik
02-09-2005, 03:16 PM
133 what color of bike riding and jersey were you wearing? I can't seem to read the number plates to well on the web versions I have. See if I can find a pic of you

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 03:18 PM
a Blue YFZ 450 in Production B and a Blue Raptor in 30+B wearing Blue O'Neal gear.

komik
02-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Is this you? only blue on blue I could find in Prod B

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 03:32 PM
nope, not me.

komik
02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
How about this one?

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 03:40 PM
nope

komik
02-09-2005, 03:47 PM
ok what race was your on Sat..only day I was there?.....

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Production B and I think we were race 3

komik
02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
ok last try...I missed most of race 3

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 03:59 PM
nope,
oh well thanks for trying you get a A+ in my cool book:cool:

komik
02-09-2005, 04:00 PM
if have something post it and I can compare it to what I have...just really hard to read the numbers

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 04:02 PM
I have this one

komik
02-09-2005, 04:10 PM
The first one I posted is the only one I have that is even close to that...I must of missed you....sorry

WORCS 133
02-09-2005, 04:12 PM
no prob thanks for trying here's the 450

Zhvonte
02-09-2005, 04:42 PM
133, I remember racing you in the vet b class, had the silver quad.... Also raced you up in idaho in the vet b class as well.... I had a weak start in the first lap until my hand started loosening up then it was strong from there on out....

In fact, I think I found a photo of me passing you right after the finish line starting the third lap. I remember vividly seeing a blue on blue with the number 133... At least you were nice nuff to let me by, other people weren't so nice and had to play hardball......

Admin
02-09-2005, 09:24 PM
I have been going crazy, and I ended up having Internet issues when I planned on doing it after the race. After that, I have been going none stop. I had to write an article for ATV Sport Magazine which was due last week, and I took some time to complete because I didn't want to miss any important details. Also, I wrote another article on the Pro Quads for ATV Sport which was due last week and I was sick all week with the flu on top of it, and I had to get the other current races covered like Pro Quads and Glen Helen

I try to keep the site moving forward and when I run into a hicup, I must keep moving forward with the current events that I can get up on the site. The Next round of the WORCS Series isn't until March, so I knew that I wouldn't interupt the flow if I had to postone the coverage, but I have all plans to complete it with great detail.

It is tough running a website, working a 40/hour week job, being a husband and a father, and racing in the GNCC Series for Suzuki.

I haven't sat down and relaxed in almost one month trying to keep everything moving forward, so please understand.

Sorry,
Harlen

WORCS 133
02-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Zhvonte

In fact, I think I found a photo of me passing you right after the finish line starting the third lap. I remember vividly seeing a blue on blue with the number 133... At least you were nice nuff to let me by, other people weren't so nice and had to play hardball......

you know it's about having fun, and when you get these guys that ride dirty or have a fit because you won't launch your quad in the ditch to let them by it takes the fun away from racing. I mean I will battle but I'm not going to put my safety or somebody else's in jeopardy for a piece of plastic that says 1st place. Quad parts are expensive and so are medical bills:D

KoyukKFX
02-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by WORCS 133
you know it's about having fun, and when you get these guys that ride dirty or have a fit because you won't launch your quad in the ditch to let them by it takes the fun away from racing. I mean I will battle but I'm not going to put my safety or somebody else's in jeopardy for a piece of plastic that says 1st place. Quad parts are expensive and so are medical bills:D

I had a great time racing. There were many riders displaying good sportsmanship in my class in race 5 on Saturday. In the desert section, there were two places where there was a tight, narrow, heavily rutted climbing single track turn. My forearms were basically 100% non-functional.

I couldn't grab the clutch, couldn't work the gas, couldn't hang on. On one of these turns I came to it in 3rd gear. I tried to clutch after just jamming the quad into 2nd, I couldn't. I couldn't steer because I had no grip on the bars. I also had 18's rear and 20's front, so I tried to straddle the ruts, because the lap before I got high-centered.

Anyway, I stalled. I cussed because I knew someone would come up on me, and I was blocking the path.

So I put the quad in neutral and pulled the bike back about 15ft and out of the way to allow the quad I heard coming to pass. My delay in re-starting was also due in part to needing the hot-start on the carb to start. My fuel screw had fell out, so I had no juice down on the idle circuit. My hands were so useless I couldn't manipulate the hotstart on the FCR39.

Anyway, in no time, the quad caught up to me, it was a blue YFZ. I stood up straight and looked back then waved the YFZ by. It was funny, because the section I had trouble on, the YFZ almost got stuck because they slowed, then just as they were taking the rutted turn, they turned back and yelled, "Thank You!"

Ha,ha... that made me smile! It's like he/she went out of their way to say thanks, and it almost cost them the turn I wasn't able to manage myself!

WORCS 133
02-10-2005, 10:29 AM
I know what turn you are talking about my YFZ kept getting stuck in the same spot. One lap I was trying to get the quad unstuck and out of the way and somebody came around and rear ended the crap out of me which really caused a traffic jam.

komik
02-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I have posted the first 100 or so photos of the 450 pictures of the phx worcs race out on my website(sig link). More to come....but I kinda got in trouble here at work so I will have to do the rest of the 450 or so pictures tonight from home.

National#6
02-23-2005, 07:42 PM
WORCS 133, Have you looked in the race coverage section of the forums? Their are some pictures in there, just click on the WORCS Series. I was at Speed World to, I loved the track - very well taken care of. I have some issues with arm pump to and the thing that works the best for me is rock climbing. You want robo grip, go climb some rocks inbetween races. How did you like the 90' table tops and the step up jumps? 4th gear rush on my 450R!!!!

phildampier
02-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by komik
Is this you? only blue on blue I could find in Prod B

That is a picture of me...because i lost my radiator cover. Thats in the open race anyways not the production class.

LapTraffic
02-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Cool pic on your site

http://www.mwsandracing.com/albums/worcs2005/aah.jpg

Zhvonte
02-24-2005, 07:00 PM
speaking of which, when will harlem get his crap together and finish the phoenix worcs writeup?????

Admin
02-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Zhvonte
speaking of which, when will harlem get his crap together and finish the phoenix worcs writeup?????

I know, I suck right now. I haven't been home for a weekend in over a month, and so far, I am behind on cover the WORCS & 6 Hours Race in Texas.

I wrecked bad in Texas splitting open my helmet, ripped my shoulder pad off the chest protector and severely damaging my new Suzuki. Needless to say, I have been hurting and busy as ever. I have a race in Florida next weekend and I may need to replace my frame along with the Stem, Rotor, Tie-rod end, and kill switch.

I promise the coverage will be completed by the 2nd Round, and the 2nd Round will be posted right away after the event.

It is tough covering atleast two events a weekend and trying not to fall behind on the current news

National#6
02-24-2005, 08:33 PM
komik, I like the pictures you took, did you get any of the open pro class? I would like to see the rest of them. Let me know when you get them up. Thanks