PDA

View Full Version : 416 piston kit???

77rigid
02-08-2005, 10:03 PM
I am thinking about putting a 416 in my 400.I know I need the piston,rings,gaskets,what else would I need for the rebuild.I know I will need my cylinder bored.Also should I use a stage 1 or 2 cam.I only ride it on a motocross track.It will never see the woods.I only race about 1 time a year,and am looking for it to be reliable.I don't want to rebuild it every year.Am I missing anything(I will be putting in new clutches also).The motor is on the standard bore,it is just getting tired and smoking a little.Any input welcome.

markk
02-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Ur gona be more satisfied with the stage2, My stage one stops pulling at about 7000Rpms Stage 2 will pull hard all the way to the rev limiter. An after market rav box would also help that motor out alot!

U might wanta stick some money into your head also. Porting, or even just polished!

just my 2 cents

77rigid
02-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah,I forgot about the rev box.I am going to run a White Bros complete exhaust also.Thanks markk

PHIL_B54
02-09-2005, 12:29 PM
if you only need to freshen it up, you could go to 406

if your bike has some hours on it, you probibly should replace your rockers when you put in a cam. new ones are only like $25

you also might want to have the valves done while your in there