PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers

raptor02r
02-08-2005, 09:55 PM
i dont ride a ton, and i mainly trail ride. and woods race. i was just wonderin what you all thought about wheel spacers??, any info would be greatly appreciated

nosliw
02-08-2005, 10:32 PM
bad idea in any scenerio in my opinion.

cdalejef
02-09-2005, 07:22 AM
A totaly waste of money

drifterx
02-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
A totaly waste of money

Ya, i'd listen to Jeff, he knows what he's doing. But i wouldn't say they were a total waste of money though. I have them on the front of my 300, and they have made it much more stabil. I plan on taking them off soon though, because they do make it a bit harder to steer, and i want to get some a-arms too. Wheel spacers are a good buy for temporary width. But, they are one of the worst ways to add width to your quad, and can do some damage to the axle, and a-arms if you do a lot of jumping, and hard riding. If you want it wider, get some new a-arms, and axle. You might be able to pull off wider a-arms with stock front shocks, but i wouldn't reccomend it.

300extreme#8
02-09-2005, 04:53 PM
yea ,i agree they r a waste of money,,save that 100 dollars or w/e and save up enough for real a-arms,and shocks,if u get them ur takin a chance of bending and breakin more components b/c the extra stress,but if u don't want to save money for a-arms and shocks then just buy off-set front rims;) ,i don't know what to tell u to do for the back,but back spacers r a sure bent axle after a few rides,especially if u jump alot, jus my 2cents

wilkin250r
02-09-2005, 05:25 PM
If you're not a jumper, they're actually good for the dunes, and for racing flattrack.

Terrible for racing woods.

GoOn3
02-11-2005, 09:47 AM
tell me this - A buddy of mine bought an extended rear axle and didn't widen his a-arms. doesn't that cause major control problems? wouldn't you want to widen BOTH front and back, or niether at all?
one or the other just doesn't seem right to me.

cdalejef
02-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Its good to widen both but you don't want todo it with spacers.

baseballplaya23
02-12-2005, 04:22 PM
actually there is some scenerios where wheel spacers arent bad. both me and my cousin flat track and occasionaly tt but we both use wheel spacers and they have yet to do any damage to any of our quads. i also just widened the rear of my quad and not the front and it didnt change any of my handling