PDA

View Full Version : With mods, what jetting do you think? (PS)Glamis trip,whos coming?

DirtDevilBT
02-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Hi ya'll,
Was just wondering what some of you would recommend I try first for my glamis trip this weekend. I just dropped in a Sparks cam today and trying to get ready. Last time out I was lidless w/UNI filter and had an HMF; ran a lean 200 main that's all I had. This time I have the Sparks cam and was wondering if I will need to change my pilot along with the main. What size main do you suggest I start off with first? This time I'm prepared, I'm bring my number drills out with me.

Any help would be appreciated and concidered.

(P.S.):D Going to Glamis THIS weekend (11,12,13) Who's coming with me?!!!!!!Who am I going to meet out there?!!!!!For those responding to this, throw up a small pic of your quad and name so maybe we can find all one another at a spot. :D

YOOOOOOOOOO!

DirtDevilBT
02-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Any help? Anyone going?

Anyone?

VegasDude
02-09-2005, 09:55 PM
check the weather, I was going to Dumont, but it's going to rain on Friday and Saturday..........I'm going snowmobiling instead...................I am a little upset over this weather.....................

R3Concepts
02-10-2005, 09:47 AM
200 Lean? No. My 450 is 13.8:1, Sparks cam, Sparks pipe, KandN, no lid. And I run a 192 main, stock pilot, and 3rd clip on the HRC needle. 200 is wayy to fat. Remember that the dunes are at sea level.

Thump_It
02-10-2005, 09:53 AM
200 is definatly to big. I would go 178-180 main, 150 pilot, and 4th clip on needle. I live down at sea level and ride dunes all the time. I just jetted my buddies bike with thos exact specs. We installed a LRD full system, no airbox lid and K&N filter. Good Luck.

R3Concepts
02-10-2005, 09:55 AM
A 180 is too lean for Glamis, stay in the 190s.

Thump_It
02-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah, listen to him ^^^^^^. ;)

roughrider01
02-11-2005, 01:06 AM
200 yes way too fat.

What stages of the throttle are you lean? What symptoms makes you think its lean?

DirtDevilBT
02-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Well I have to say that last weekend was the best 2 days I have ever spent out at Glamis. Beautifull weather!

I ran a Dynojet needdle with their 180 main. Sucker was white and whimpy after 3rd. Stuck my friends 198 keihin and it ran MUCH better, still a little white on the plug, more than I like but it's all I had to work with. Last weekend I ran my new cam and all existing mods with a hogged out smaller main. I would say it was around 210-215. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!! Threw that in before I left and never even had to check. Wasn't worried. It ran great, never felt slow or stubbling over itself, never felt whimpy.

I run a:
50 pilot at 1 1/4 turns out
DynoJet needle pulled up one from middle
210-215 main

Ran awesome, I might try a correct 210 next time but really in now hurry to. Yes I cleaned out my carb front and back to make sure I wasn't compensating for a clog. The thing did pop a little on deceleration but not a big deal.

R3Concepts
02-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Not to flame or anything, but way to listen to what people have to say. 200-210 is WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TO FAT FOR A 450R AT GLAMIS. I run a 192 with more mods then you have. My guess would be that you're no where close where you need to be with your carb settings and your trying to jugde the circuit off the main. Glamis settings: stock pilot, 2.5 turns out on the air/ fuel screw, middle clip on aftermarket needle, 190-192 main. I also doubt you're doing a correct "plug chop" to note how its running on top either, and by the way deceleration pop/sputter: rich.

DirtDevilBT
02-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
Not to flame or anything, but way to listen to what people have to say. 200-210 is WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TO FAT FOR A 450R AT GLAMIS. I run a 192 with more mods then you have. My guess would be that you're no where close where you need to be with your carb settings and your trying to jugde the circuit off the main. Glamis settings: stock pilot, 2.5 turns out on the air/ fuel screw, middle clip on aftermarket needle, 190-192 main. I also doubt you're doing a correct "plug chop" to note how its running on top either, and by the way deceleration pop/sputter: rich.

Wooooooo, you're not flaming anything. I never had a chance to check my plug so I could have very well been rich. I put the 50 pilot in cause someone said I should try that. I did have to turn the screw in quite a bit, 1 1/4 I think. I will put the stock pilot back in next time, just wasn't going to mess with it at the time. I wasn't ignoring anyone, by the time anyone responded I was already in the packing stages and couldn't get to my computer. I do appriecate the respones and know I have some tuning to do. It ran nice, and if it was that rich it still ran nice. I can't wait until have have time to actually check the plug and jet it properly!