PDA

View Full Version : Doggin the ol' man

Pappy
02-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Well, I took 30 minutes away from working to push Cody :o Lil sucker wore me out:D

Pappy
02-08-2005, 03:53 PM
I have to be honest, I dont think I could have passed him the foirst 8 laps:(

Bush0102
02-08-2005, 03:54 PM
that kid is the next Bill Ballance, i swear. I love his helmet visor!!!

How's his new quad coming along?

Pappy
02-08-2005, 03:55 PM
He mounted a spare set of rims/tires and it was giving him a push in the turns...not too mention it was atad wider and he danced off a few trees....but he never lifted:scary:

Pappy
02-08-2005, 03:57 PM
I figured i may be able to dog him on a few down hill sections but he had none of that:macho I told him last weekend to use the ruts in the corners to scrub speed and i reckon he listened:p

Pappy
02-08-2005, 03:59 PM
I think MOM was concerned i was following too close:confused: heck i was just keepin up:D

Pappy
02-08-2005, 04:02 PM
The uphill sections really work the small 90 engine.

Pappy
02-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I think I could have taken him if we went 20 laps....but I will leave that for another day:cool:

Mxjunkie
02-08-2005, 04:07 PM
He would probaly out run me on my 80 :o

hardkoratvmxr
02-08-2005, 04:21 PM
since my dad doesnt ride and my uncle does he was so mad that i beat his piped jetted and better modded mojave and i had a 2003 stock 300ex and would kill him at everything he bought a 2004 kfx 400 with a pipe jetted air filter and a lot of other mods so he could beat me in the straights. lol. i wish my dad would push me to ride harder like you do to cody.

02-08-2005, 04:26 PM
thats awsome he looks like he is really good!!!!! :eek2:

YFZ450Ridr
02-08-2005, 04:59 PM
thats awesome. my dad does the same thing to me, pushes me to my limits but in a good way so i learn the proper way to become a good rider:D

Kilabanshee
02-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Sweet pics pappy! Looks like Cody is learning fast like other members said one day he may be the next Chris Borich.

Pappy
02-08-2005, 05:28 PM
he is doing really good. i hope the weather holds out for alot more nights like this one before the season starts.

i have a blast watching him ride. the other day he was having a tuff time with severe, deep ruts. i explained a few ways to get thru them and tonight he didnt get hung up once. i even intentionally blocked his line to force him to find another way thru a rutted section, he just hammered on! i love it!

i said last year that speed would come, i wanted him to develop riding skills that he could apply at speed and i believe its coming. i really wish i had a helmet cam to follow him:D

Toadz400
02-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Damn, I wish I had a father like you. That kid has to be the luckiest boy ever. My dad has never really found an interest in what I do (need for speed) so I have never been able to be "pushed", if I don't do good at it...I usually get a lot of put-downs instead of encouragements or tips:o .

Gotta love great parents:D .

Punk'd
02-08-2005, 05:34 PM
hes deff a champ:D

wvspeedfreak
02-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey Pappy,tell Cody I want his autograph the next time I'm up there so I won't have to stand in line to get it when he busts out big time:cool: :cool: :macho

LOOKIN' GOOD CODY!

fasterz
02-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
he is doing really good. i hope the weather holds out for alot more nights like this one before the season starts.

i have a blast watching him ride. the other day he was having a tuff time with severe, deep ruts. i explained a few ways to get thru them and tonight he didnt get hung up once. i even intentionally blocked his line to force him to find another way thru a rutted section, he just hammered on! i love it!

i said last year that speed would come, i wanted him to develop riding skills that he could apply at speed and i believe its coming. i really wish i had a helmet cam to follow him:D

join the club:rolleyes: atleast they helped me out with a little bit of money for it. i guess my parents try to understand but i dont get to ride the way i need to, atleast this year im 18 and i finsihed building my race bike and i can sign in at all the races an practice so i can do alot more

Pappy
02-08-2005, 06:31 PM
my dad wasnt really ever into anything i did either. if he wasnt teaching me how to put a bullet in a man then it wasnt his cup of tea. i geuss too many years in the corps will do that:p i have no complaints, i veiw my childhood as a lesson. i try to do everything i wanted my dad to do with me and then some!

RedRacer44
02-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm with a lot of you guys. I'm 20 and my dad has never pushed me in anything I did (baseball, racing, etc). I think sometimes its good because some kids dont like it when they get pushed by their parents too much. You have to use constructive critizism (cant spell) I would think.

I've kinda enjoyed not being pushed, just makes me work harder to push myself and be self-motivated. My dad supports my racing but he doesnt push me or anything...he doesnt know anything about it! Haha! He comes and watches which makes my day so its all good!

But he's always happy when I bring home some hardware for the body shop office so he can brag to his customers...
:devil:

LazeR
02-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
I'm with a lot of you guys. I'm 20 and my dad has never pushed me in anything I did (baseball, racing, etc). I think sometimes its good because some kids dont like it when they get pushed by their parents too much. You have to use constructive critizism (cant spell) I would think.

Thats how it is for me, my dad never pushed anything, sometimes i wish he would :ermm: but then again i dunno

Cody is doing awesome! I can see him being pro at 16 lol

Mxjunkie
02-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
Thats how it is for me, my dad never pushed anything, sometimes i wish he would :ermm: but then again i dunno

its the same way right now for me, he pushed me hard in quads, came out and watched me pratice etc, helped me everyway he could, now dirtbikes he watched me ride the first time and ever since then ive been alone, i guess its better but i wish he would help sometimes, he raced for 20 years, he doesnt even like jetting it anymore or helping me work on it :(

Runnin Dumb
02-10-2005, 05:53 AM
Bet ya wasn't hungry after that ride Pappy, looks like ya had plenty of roost ta eat:eek2: Good pics, Momma take em?

EastCoast330
02-10-2005, 06:48 AM
my dad wasnt really ever into anything i did either. if he wasnt teaching me how to put a bullet in a man then it wasnt his cup of tea. i geuss too many years in the corps will do that:p i have no complaints, i veiw my childhood as a lesson. i try to do everything i wanted my dad to do with me and then some!

I couldnt have said it better myself, My dad was the same way we never really spent anytime together doing stuff, and when I got to my teens I had to much time on my hands and made a lot of stupid mistakes, but when I had my son I told myself that I wouldnt do the same thing with my son. Now every weekend I am out there with my son training him to be the next Barry Hawk
he is 11 now and I have had him riding xc for about 3 years and I cant keep up with him. Hell I even got a second job that all I do is use the money for his racing, gear, new bikes, etc. every year. I look at it like an investment for his future and we get to spend time together on weekends and race days. I told him I am behind him 100% and there is nothing I wont do to make sure he has everything he needs to race, and also my wife is behind us 100% to, so that makes it easier when I tell her how much I spent this week on his racing:eek2:

clutt225
02-10-2005, 08:48 AM
I don't have kids yet but my dad & step dad spent alot of time with me. So the wife and I have a foster kid stay with us every other weekend this is a pic of his new quad.
I think he likes it!

wilkin250r
02-10-2005, 01:12 PM
I think there's a difference between being supportive, and pushing your kid into something. But then again, I think any good supportive parent HAS to push every now and then.

I'm sure my dad would have thrown the football around with me any time I asked, but I didn't ask very much. Perhaps if he pushed me a little more, if he came and asked me, instead of the other way around, I would probably have gotten a scholarship. To me, that's not really pushing, but rather it's being supportive.

Rico
02-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Keep pushing him Pappy, he's gonna have his hands tied with Walker this year in the mini class....:cool:

Toadz400
02-10-2005, 06:21 PM
My parents have never been real supportive of anything I do or tried to push me and help me out. So I guess a lot of you were lucky and had good parents, but unfortunately I can't really say the same about mine. I think it's mainly the reason why I plan on getting out of quads for quite sometime, don't have the money to do what I love or the motivation really.

clutt225
02-10-2005, 06:31 PM
A friend of mine has a Banshee that is prety sweet, but he will hardly ever ride because it is not what he expects it to be.
IE. long travel full on race quad.
But it still rides and rides fast. I gues what I am trying to say is if you love to ride, then ride any thing you can. The sweet rides come to those who work for them. ALL IN DO TIME

Pappy
02-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Runnin Dumb: yep momma played shutter bug. she gets nervous watching him:p

Rico: Honestly i think there are atleast 2 other riders that will be going for the win at every race. cody is a good rider, but hasnt gotton the speed it will take to fend off great riders like Walker and a few others that I know will be hungry for a win. That doesnt bother us one bit, I teach my kids that as long as you give 100% and leave anything you do satisfied that you did your best, then you are a winner! One thing I wont tolerate is a sore loser.

I was taught to win at all costs, losing wasnt an option. (that didnt go over well at school events, maybe that is why i excelled at boxing and karate:D ) i want my kids believing in themselves and thier abilities and to try and upstage thier own goals. Competeing against another person is all well and good, but at a young age I think its best for them to develope the right values.

Quad18star
02-10-2005, 07:17 PM
i want my kids believing in themselves and thier abilities and to try and upstage thier own goals. Competeing against another person is all well and good, but at a young age I think its best for them to develope the right values.

Thats the best way to do it . If you sometimes push a kid too much into doing something and get mad at them if they don't "win" , usually that pushes a kid to not want to compete anymore . But if you let the child set a goal for themselves and you help them to achieve that goal , usually thats when they'll stay involved and enjoy a sport .

My dad pushed me when I was a kid to play hockey , but it wasn't something that I really wanted to do . My dad used to be a very good hockey player , and I guess he wanted me to do the same as he did ... turns out he pushed me too much to try something and succeed that I just gave up on it . It wasn't what I wanted to do , but what he wanted to do . He realizes it now ... he's got a 22 year old son that can't skate ( I hope the cops don't find out , cuz I think it's actually a crime to not know how to skate and be a Canadian) . But I found things that I enjoyed ... different sports ( ridding , going hunting and fishing) , and now both my parents support me . Although they really think I should give up my Quad before I kill myself . My mom doesn't want me testing out the theory that the 3rd time is always successful . :(

coryatver
02-10-2005, 07:25 PM
pappy is that a 400ex? :blah: