PDA

View Full Version : Elka question...

Freestylemxr
02-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Triple Rate, Remote Reservoir or Piggyback, Compression Adjustable, SSD, Ride Height Adjustable

Thats what i'm lookin about getting, how long are the shocks? and does the ride height adjustable mean I can run them with Long travel a-arms, or are they for standard travel a-arms? thanks for the imput

honda400ex68b
02-08-2005, 03:48 PM
the shocks are as long as the application calls for, depending on the atv. the ride height adjustable means just the ride height of the atv is adjustable, and long travel shocks are for long travel a-arms, not standard travel. hope this helps.

Freestylemxr
02-08-2005, 06:34 PM
well the site i was looking at didn't have anything that said long travel below it so I didn't know what was long travel and what was standard travel, thanks!

Freestylemxr
02-08-2005, 07:52 PM
oh yea, and how much beter are these shocks than stock? are they worth the $$$?

honda400ex68b
02-08-2005, 08:01 PM
i have not got to use mine on a mx track yet, but in my opinion they are better, especially over the stock 400ex shocks. just like night and day. i got mine used, couldn't afford new one's.

DirtDevilBT
02-08-2005, 08:03 PM
:D aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

The back was WELLLLL worth the money. I don't have fronts yet but if they are as good an increase as the rear was.:D

Freestylemxr
02-08-2005, 08:06 PM
man i really want them now haha... does anyone have a yfz and know how much beter they are over stock yfz shocks?

yfzracer86
02-10-2005, 06:15 AM
im pretty sure i have the same shocks as your talking about. exept i bought them used and i cant figure out what travle they are, some say its a lt body and other dont. the shock measures 17.5 eye to eye. idk im gana send them back out to have them revalved for my weight. they look sweet though!!

GoOn3
02-11-2005, 09:42 AM
when I first rode on my new high dollar Elka's, my initial reaction was "This is it for all that money!?" It took a couple of rides to truly appreciate the benefits. You can ride a section of woods trails (or a track) on stock shocks. Then ride that same section with new suspension and shave quite a bit of time off. In many cases, you can even run it in a higher gear. Basically your "lose control point" is at a much higher rate of speed because the shocks smooth out the ride SO much. Flying over obsticals faster because you can control your ride better. IMO, you should add a steering stablizer with it. It's like when you add an exhaust, you also rejet and add new airfilter. They compliment each other. My buddy broke his stablizer (long story) and rode with only his Elka's, man, it was much harder to control.
Now when I ride my wife's stock machine, it feels horrible compared to my cadillac of a ride!!!!! that's when you tell a big difference, riding a stocker after you ride your Elka's (or any other brand shocks).