PDA

View Full Version : Sparks pipe jetting ... cold and warm weather

Quad18star
02-08-2005, 01:18 PM
What's everyones jetting for their Sparks system ?? I just bought a full system with the foam filter and adapter and jet kit , and I'll have to jet it for cold weather once it gets here .

Whats everyones jetting ?? Doesn't matter if it's summer or winter jetting ... I just want to get an idea as to where to start .

Please post your main , pilot , how many turns out , elevation and average temp.

Thanks

tido450
02-08-2005, 02:29 PM
yes this thread can help me too, my pipe will be coming in tomorrow, i plan on jetting it with the lid off, but with stock filter and intake... what would you recomment, my elevations is 1,000ft thanks

Quad18star
02-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by tido450
yes this thread can help me too, my pipe will be coming in tomorrow, i plan on jetting it with the lid off, but with stock filter and intake... what would you recomment, my elevations is 1,000ft thanks

1000ft is my elevation also .... and I'm pretty sure the temps between here and PA don't vary TOO much . Looks like someone could kill 2 birds with one stone on this one . :p :D

tido450
02-09-2005, 02:35 PM
come on guys, i know atleast 15 of you have this exhaust system with the lids off

tido450
02-09-2005, 08:06 PM
ok i got mine today, i used a 175 main, a 45 pilot, fuel screw 2.5 turns out, stock needle in stock position, the quad runs great but the pipe glows, is this normal, if not what should i richen up and also should i change my needle position

sampleez
02-09-2005, 08:23 PM
do you have the cam mod done. if so, you will prolly need to go to a 48 pilot. the glowing was at night right? if so it's normal, something to do with the header being titanium. i am gonna run approximately a 172 main, 48 pilot, stock needle in 5th or 6th position, and fuel screw somewhere like 2-2.5 turns out. but since you have a full system, it may need to be a little richer. also, get a few new plugs and do a full throttle and half throttle test. and check up inside the plug, not just at the tip. hope this helps

tido450
02-09-2005, 08:32 PM
thanks for the info, when talking about needle position (4th position) for example, do you count from the tope of the needle down or vice versa

jlhughes750
02-10-2005, 06:22 AM
I'm in Pa.

Sparks system with foam or K&N

dirtbike needle (ncvq) i think that was the #. middle position
48 pilot
170main

dempsey400
02-15-2005, 08:55 PM
i have the sparks system and airbox setup and jet kit. I live in oklahoma around 1400 feet. it wouldnt run right with the settings sparks recommended until i did the cam mod. Im running the 45 pilot but probably need more cause it still has a flat spot. on the ncvq needle im on the 5 posistion and a 175 main maybe could go more on a day in the 50s.

Quad18star
02-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info guys . I'm gunna try getting it set up tomorrow sometime . I think I'm gunna run the highest main that I get in the kit cuz of the cold weather .

The Sparks kit comes with a 45 pilot correct? I'm wondering if it'll be good enough or if I'll need the 48 pilot .

Also I notoced that the pipe doesn't have a clamp for the midsection .... I guess I just jam them together and add a little bit of that Never Seize that comes with the pipe?

Question about the Sparks filter adapter ... it has small screws to fasten it to the airbox ... do I just drill the holes out one size smaller then screw the little bolts in or is there a special trick?? It didn't come with instructions . LOL

Quad18star
02-17-2005, 11:34 AM
I got her all jetted with the pipe and filter installed . I'm running a 178 main ( cold weather) with 45 pilot , 2 1/2 turns on the air screw , NCVQ needle on middle clip . I haven't tried it out , but my dad has ... seems to be alright , but she's popping a bit on de-acceleration . That would be the air-screw causing this correct??