PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me!!!

400exJOE
05-01-2002, 07:24 PM
ok, my 440 does not want to start. This is with the 42 pilot w/o choke. It just cranks, and somethimes starts, but if its warmed up to operating temps, forget it. I tried messing with the low speed screw, but I can't get it to run perfect. Please help me guys. It is deffinalty too rich. Its not like its too hot here either. 60*. Yes I have a new plug and the filter is clean. Thanks, JOE

RideRed400StYlE
05-01-2002, 07:40 PM
Check your plug. you might want to replace it. if it is too rich then drop a jet size on your main jet. the pilot shouldnt effect that. also pump your throttle 2-3 times before trying to start it, that always works for me. make sure that your carb is clean. there could be a little piece of dirt blocking a jet and you might not be getting any gas at all. make sure your gas is turned on(hehe), check your gas and make sure there is no water in it. try new gas if you arent so sure about what you are running.

Hope something here helps ya out a little bit

400exJOE
05-01-2002, 07:43 PM
thanks. I did replace the plug and its too rich. I want a Z400:D

Leo
05-01-2002, 07:43 PM
it starts ok cold, but won't restart once warmed up... ? :huh

since jumping to the 42 mine starts 100x's better than it ever has.. Two pumps and it's alive, even cold.. Has no trouble starting warm either...

for kicks have you checked your battery?

other than that I'm drawing a big blank..

Leo

400exJOE
05-01-2002, 07:46 PM
man me too. I am at a total loss. I am tempted to just go back to the 400cc. I have the stock cylinder and piston. All i neeed is a new base gasket. I could do it in a few hours...:confused:

twisted threads
05-02-2002, 04:03 AM
I don't think that your 440 kit is the problem. How long have you had your Dyno jet kit?? Were is your air screw set at? What possision is the clip to the needle at? There is so many things that can be causing your bike not to start or run right. Have you tried putting in a smaller pilot jet and seeing if that works I think that a 42 sounds right.

One other thing have you ever had it running good??
If so what did you do to it since then?