PDA

View Full Version : Honda Ridgeline

NTPracing22
02-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Who likes Hondas' first attempt at a truck?

Syrus
02-07-2005, 08:58 PM
I like it because its different and not like every other company... plus its a Honda, you know its got somethin behind that name :devil:

Quad18star
02-07-2005, 09:04 PM
If you look at it on an angle from the back , it ALMOST looks like an Avalanche style .

FourFiftyFour
02-07-2005, 09:07 PM
i think it sucks and its ugly looking.....but just my $.02

redrider311
02-07-2005, 09:24 PM
haha exactly.. i thought it was an avalanche commercial when i first saw a glance of it.. then it sunk in lol... so its not gonna be a front wheel drive.. 4 cyl. truck is it? ;)

Butters
02-07-2005, 09:42 PM
i like how its all one piece and it has the trunk and the fact that Honda built it. i think thats about it though.

Quad18star
02-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Butters
i like how its all one piece .

Accident Repair man's dream . Cha Ching !!!!!!

NTPracing22
02-08-2005, 06:08 AM
I like it because it's honda, but I don't like how it looks like an Avalanche. I"ll have to get more details on it before I go crazy. But it's good to see them in the truck market.

Bush0102
02-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
i think it sucks and its ugly looking.....but just my $.02

you hit the nail on the head with that one. Dont claim to have a badass "full size truck" unless you're gonna offer a V8. Even Nissan did their homework before bringing out the Titan- and it wound up generating a ton of respect. Once again, honda has an opportunity to beat the competition, but delivers a mediocre product after its competitors all stepped up for 2005.

jesshamner
02-08-2005, 09:11 AM
It looks like a honda insight on steroids but they forgot to put the hatchback on. That thing is so plain and super ugly. I didn't see any torque specs but it shows that it can tow 5000lbs.

dpizz450
02-08-2005, 09:15 AM
anyone got some pics or a link to it? haven't seen it yet. but if it looks anythign like an avalanche i know i won't like it.

Stevie-D
02-08-2005, 10:33 AM
fugly little thing, aint it:chinese:

Sportrax10
02-08-2005, 10:38 AM
I dont think it looks too bad... :cool:

YLW400
02-08-2005, 10:41 AM
and you know it will be more reliable than any american made truck..sorry to say:ermm:

02-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I think it would look good as a 450r hauler, that is if you could stuff it in there.

NTPracing22
02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
does anyone have engine specs?

Bush0102, don't be so quick to speculate man. If your compairing honda to toyota, look how long it took 'yota to get into the full size truck market, you have to start somewhere.

I don't see Suzuki making a truck, or Yamaha making cars or trucks.

Give Honda credit for expanding thier product line instead of jumping all over them with negativity.

Bush0102
02-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
does anyone have engine specs?

Bush0102, don't be so quick to speculate man. If your compairing honda to toyota, look how long it took 'yota to get into the full size truck market, you have to start somewhere.

I don't see Suzuki making a truck, or Yamaha making cars or trucks.

Give Honda credit for expanding thier product line instead of jumping all over them with negativity.

i never said anything about toyota. However, also like nissan and unlike honda, toyota did research and when they released the Tundra it was well recieved and won Truck of the year. I'm just saying honda should have studied their competitors a little better.

specs:
Ridgeline Highlights
• 255-hp, 3.5-Liter, High-Output VTEC® V-6 Engine
• 1,550-lb. Total Payload Capacity
• Four-Wheel Independent Suspension
• VTM-4® 4-Wheel Drive System
• Fully-Integrated Closed-Box Frame with Unit-Body Construction
• 8.5-Cubic-Foot In-Bed Trunk™

i never noticed the IRS...another no-no on a truck

400exrules
02-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
If you look at it on an angle from the back , it ALMOST looks like an Avalanche style .

exactly wut i was thinkin

Stunt Crew<-_->
02-08-2005, 03:14 PM
ya i dont see how u can say its not like all the rest when it looks basically just like it :ermm:

maskale
02-08-2005, 06:54 PM
After the Supper Bowl I went to Honda's Web site and checked it out. To me it is basically a SUV with a truck bed on it, which might not be such a bad concept. It offers the ride of a SUV with the 4X4 independent suspension, and has plenty of creature comforts, yet you could still put a quad in the back, the bed is 49.5" wide.

Here are some other details that I copied from their site.

Technical
• 255-hp, 3.5-Liter, 24-Valve SOHC VTEC® V-6 Engine
• 5-Speed Automatic Transmission
• Variable Torque Management® 4-Wheel Drive System (VTM-4®)
• Locking Rear Differential
• Heavy-Duty Automatic-Transmission and Power Steering Coolers
• Heavy-Duty Radiator with Dual 160-Watt Fans
• Fresh-Air Intake
• 4-Wheel Independent Suspension

Capabilities
• 5,000-lb. Towing Capacity
• 1,550-lb. Total Payload Capacity
• Half-Ton (1,100-lb) Bed Capacity

Safety
• Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with EBD and Brake Assist
• Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) with Traction Control
• Front, Side and Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
• Power Door and Tailgate Locks
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)

Audio
• 100-Watt AM/FM/XM®-Ready/CD Audio System with 6 Speakers

Interior
• Power Windows, Door Locks and Mirrors
• Multifunctional Center Storage Console with Sliding Armrest
• 60/40 Lift-Up Rear Seat with Underseat Storage
• Power Sliding Rear Cabin Window

Exterior
• Dual-Action Tailgate
• In-Bed Trunk™
• Automatic Heated Wiper Zone
• Remote Entry System
• Large Foldable Side Mirrors
• Privacy Glass
• Integrated Bed Lights (4) with Auto-Off Timer
• Heavy-Duty Tow Hooks (Front and Rear)
• Hidden Roof-Mounted Antenna

To the comment about Honda not making a REAL truck, well Honda makes more stuff than most other car makers.
The Tundra was not the first truck that Toyota came out with either, so Honda may come out with a bigger truck too.

FourFiftyFour
02-08-2005, 07:00 PM
ok well if its a cool "concept" then why did they have to make it so ugly? there are some REALLY UGLY vehicles nowadays and how can someone drive it and not know how freaking ugly it is! BLAH!!!!!!!

bulkdriverlp
02-08-2005, 07:17 PM
i kinda like the features, it does look like an avalanche but the honda is all metal on the sides by the looks of the pic. avalanches have so much plastic on the fenders and stuff looks like garbage can on wheels.lol

Woodsrider
02-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Its not a "pick up" truck. Its a SUT. Or a "speacial purpose vehicle"
Its not meant to go to the quarry and get a bed full of gravel, just like you wouldnt do it in you Avalanche. It will haul your 450R, or two bikes with the gate down, or all of your camping gear. But it was never targeted to the guys who want a "truck". Its a yuppie hauler.
Its also not a full sized "truck", its classed as a mid sized, with the Dakota. Its set to price at $27 to $32k. The power train is essentially the same as the Pilot, with upgrades to the tranny and big coolers for the trans and powersteering.
From what our Zone rep says, Honda has no plans to build a "real pick up". I expect to see a $40k+ version in our line up(Acura) for 2007 or '08.

Now, as for the towing capacity(he he he), knowing what I know about the tranny they are using in it, 5000 lbs is really taxing that tranny. I can see a lot of tranny swaps in the future for honda techs. The transmissions that honda in using in the MDX/Pilot, and the TL/Accord/Odessey lines are weak at best, and prone to failure in the clutch packs. Untill Honda gets their chit together with their transmission supplier I wouldnt tow more than 3000 with that thing. and Id service the tranny every 7500 miles;)

NTPracing22
02-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
i never said anything about toyota.

I don't know why I said toyota, i meant nissan-my bad man

but your right abotu the toyota tundra deal. Toyota has some really good trucks, it's not uncommon at all around here to hear about peoples tacomas going over 300 thousand miles

400exrules
02-08-2005, 08:17 PM
ehhh the ridgeline looks like a pu$$y on wheels basically

Butters
02-08-2005, 08:31 PM
i personally don't like the Tundra. i think its really ugly and that they should have stuck with the tacoma. car and driver put it in position 4 of the 5 full sized truck and said it should be last but becuase of some reason they couldn't put it last.

FourFiftyFour
02-09-2005, 11:04 AM
i personally don't like the Tundra. i think its really ugly and that they should have stuck with the tacoma. car and driver put it in position 4 of the 5 full sized truck and said it should be last but becuase of some reason they couldn't put it last.

i dont like the newer model tundras but i LOVE the 2000-2001...i think my truck looks wonderful

Butters
02-09-2005, 11:28 AM
i dont like the newer model tundras but i LOVE the 2000-2001...i think my truck looks wonderful

do you have a pic of the front. i don't really know what that year range looks like so i don't know if i like it. i agree with you that i don't like the newer models.

Mxjunkie
02-09-2005, 11:33 AM
I dont like avalances(sp) and i sure as heck dont like that thing sorry to say but i think they are extremly ugly :o

FourFiftyFour
02-09-2005, 11:35 AM
do you have a pic of the front. i don't really know what that year range looks like so i don't know if i like it. i agree with you that i don't like the newer models.

yeah heres the front...the 2000s and 2001s look the same... they look the best than all the others IMO

zephead400ex
02-09-2005, 11:48 AM
yeah heres the front...the 2000s and 2001s look the same... they look the best than all the others IMO

What a nice looking truck...and a nice looking driver!:D Have you steamed up those windows yet?...do you want too? haha, later Kara!

FourFiftyFour
02-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
What a nice looking truck...and a nice looking driver!:D Have you steamed up those windows yet?...do you want too? haha, later Kara!

hahaha! you dont wanna come close to me right now..i got the nasty ole flu :(

zephead400ex
02-09-2005, 11:57 AM
hahaha! you dont wanna come close to me right now..i got the nasty ole flu :(

That's ok, I've got my flu shot:devil:

Kyle_Racer_31
02-09-2005, 12:02 PM
It looks ok , But Honda could have done better.....LOL.....Nice Tundra Cdalechick :macho

Bush0102
02-09-2005, 12:05 PM

I love my 2000...black with the chrome bumper and grill. I like your dark red..or maroon, whatever it is.

I think i'm getting an 05 Tacoma in the spring, i really like the look of them.

FourFiftyFour
02-09-2005, 12:22 PM
thanks guys!

the color is actually called "sunfire red" but i just call it maroon lol

the 05 tacomas are cool. i test drove one not too long ago and it had the hood scoop on it, it looked nice and for a v6 truck it was fast as hell... i didnt have a salesperson with me and so i powerbraked it at a light and everyone looked at me funny, me and my friend were just cracking up...then i just floored it when the light turned green and the tires sure do like to spin! i feel sorry for whoever bought that truck, bc someone in my tundra truck club actually drifted it in a u-turn...LOL

NTPracing22
02-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I think it'll grow on people in time. Remember what everyone said when the 450r came out? Basicly the same as all this

Dale512
02-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Whens Toyota gonna come out with a High Output V8?

Butters
02-09-2005, 12:48 PM

yeah that looks better than the new ones. i think its the beds on the new ones or something that i don't like. they just kinda look funny. anyways how much did that cost you?? was i new when you got it?

Bush0102
02-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
Whens Toyota gonna come out with a High Output V8?

not soon enough. I've heard rumors of a 1-ton Tundra in the works, we'll see what happens with that.

The production version of the new reborn FJ40 gets unveiled tonight...

yfz04
02-09-2005, 01:48 PM
IMO the tundras have to much curve in the front, and the bed is to "box" looking (square)... I'll stick to my Fords on this one:)

Bush0102
02-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by yfz04
IMO the tundras have to much curve in the front, and the bed is to "box" looking (square)... I'll stick to my Fords on this one:)

isnt a bed supposed to look like a box:confused:

FourFiftyFour
02-09-2005, 03:18 PM
yeah that looks better than the new ones. i think its the beds on the new ones or something that i don't like. they just kinda look funny. anyways how much did that cost you?? was i new when you got it?

yeah i got it new july 31, 2001 it cost around $25,000 and then not even two weeks later i added spray in bed liner, nerf bars, hitch cover, and got the windows tinted

the thing i dont like about the new ones is the front end looks too overdone

FourFiftyFour
02-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by yfz04

i find it funny that this "guy" only posts when i post and he does it randomly....first he talked about my ex.....hmmmmmm i wonder..... im not stupid.....LEAVE ME ALONE

NTPracing22
02-09-2005, 07:12 PM
so what were we talking about again?

the ridgeline? Toyotas? Cdales truck? beds looking like a box? now people are pissing others off?

1BADYFZ
02-09-2005, 07:15 PM
You should get your *** kicked for driving something like that.:macho :D

Bush0102
02-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 1BADYFZ
You should get your *** kicked for driving something like that.:macho :D

speaking of that, the guy who posted the question about putting a turbo on a PT Cruiser never came back :p

FourFiftyFour
02-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
so what were we talking about again?

the ridgeline? Toyotas? Cdales truck? beds looking like a box? now people are pissing others off?

my stupid ex bf and his fat *** gf are trying to stalk me again and its been over a year and a half since me and him broke up and they refuse to leave me alone, shows how stupid they are........ for a final time if they read this again LEAVE ME ALONE

Bush0102
02-09-2005, 07:23 PM
my stupid ex bf is trying to stalk me again

GNCCer is your ex:confused:

:p

FourFiftyFour
02-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
GNCCer is your ex:confused:

:p

you are a dork! u know who im talking about!

Butters
02-09-2005, 07:31 PM
yeah i got it new july 31, 2001 it cost around $25,000 and then not even two weeks later i added spray in bed liner, nerf bars, hitch cover, and got the windows tinted

the thing i dont like about the new ones is the front end looks too overdone

$25k isn't that bad at all. i figured it would be more expensive it being a Toyota and all. of course i was surprised to find that the nissan titans are around that price range too. not to bad for imports.

Bush0102
02-09-2005, 07:33 PM
you are a dork! u know who im talking about!

i know i know...i was kidding about him.

Did you ever get the restraining order against him approved?:p

Bush0102
02-09-2005, 07:34 PM
$25k isn't that bad at all. i figured it would be more expensive it being a Toyota and all. of course i was surprised to find that the nissan titans are around that price range too. not to bad for imports.

yeah i think we paid like 26 for our Limited...they are actually priced pretty reasonably

FourFiftyFour
02-09-2005, 07:35 PM

well they had a pretty big sale going on at that time, i think it was marked down a few thousand...not sure what the prices are now, i test drove an 05 and its just not my style

Bush0102
02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
well they had a pretty big sale going on at that time, i think it was marked down a few thousand...not sure what the prices are now, i test drove an 05 and its just not my style

yeah i love the tundra, but i probably wouldnt buy one today. Ford and dodge offer so much more, and i love the look of the new F-150

02-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Its not a "pick up" truck. Its a SUT. Or a "speacial purpose vehicle"

Im no genius, so tell me if im wrong.....but.....wouldnt that be "SPV"?

Woodsrider
02-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
Im no genius, so tell me if im wrong.....but.....wouldnt that be "SPV"?

Well I guess I could have made that more clear. Honda will either call it an SUT or a SPV. The Honda Pilot, and the Acura MDX are both labeled "SPV" on the window sticker, not a SUV. So Im not sure what they will classify it as, a SUT, or a SPV.:ermm: