PDA

View Full Version : procom engineering

foleyit
02-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Does anyone have feedback on this part?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4525227538&category=43972

parkers30
02-07-2005, 09:58 PM
sounds like a power conditioner... never heard anyone using one before

foleyit
02-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah I wasn't sure. Not sure what added benefit I would gain in my ignition because I have a Dynatek ignition.

QuadJunkies
02-08-2005, 12:11 AM
thats just a CDI box isnt it???I know of ALOT of riders on Predators that use Procom and have been pleased so far

foleyit
02-08-2005, 08:20 AM
I actually looked at their website to see what it was all about. The picture shown on eBay doesn't resemble any product they have for 400ex. They have 2 products one their version of a CDI, and a redesigned Rectifier. To save time this is what they have on their website for the rectifier.

Q: How to gain more horse power from our re-designed Rectifier ?

A: We built an extra sensor and switch in the unit. When the battery is near fully charged, the sensor instructs the switch to control the Magneto Rotor to run without cutting the magnet field. The rotor then runs lighter and saves the power to the engine. The engine gains more horsepower to drive your ATV faster!!!

aviator4
02-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Are you kidding me???? They are trying to gain power by "turning off" the stator?????

Any idea how much work it takes to spin a stator through a magnetic field? viturally NONE. I think it's measures in N/mm.

This sounds likes it should go in the same group with the "vortex" intake airflow spinner thats supposed to atomize gas particles... it's snake-oil.