PDA

View Full Version : Most outrageous price..

tido450
02-07-2005, 07:24 PM
what do you feel the most over priced item you can buy for your quad.... id have to say tire ball, almost 1,000 for all 4 tires and all they are, are balloons basically

Golden Joker
02-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I agree with you, tireballs are expensive.

I would also have to say roll design a-arms.

dont get me wrong there great products but over priced imo.

roostin_dale
02-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Alllll Gibson products...not a fan of Gibson at all....

:o

Bill Fuller
02-09-2005, 04:54 PM
$300 or more for any steering stem,Tireballs,pipes etc.....It's all overpriced.Why $500 for a pipe?$800 for a arms,whats the deal it's not like they are bent by hand or anything.This whole industry is overpriced because they know people like us are going to spend money(begged,borrowed,stolen or even earned)on parts to go faster or ride longer.I can put tires on my car for cheaper than I can on my ATV.Lets not even talk about shocks:mad: :cuss:

SRH
02-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Golden Joker
I agree with you, tireballs are expensive.

I would also have to say roll design a-arms.

dont get me wrong there great products but over priced imo.

how can you say there overpriced in my opinion when you have no idea about the cost of materials...time that goes into them etc... if people are paying what they ask for them then they have to be worth it to somebody..

any lil bolt on shiny parts are massively overpriced, lsr sells a set of aluminum fender mounts for the yfz for 175 bucks... thats about $140-$150 bucks too much...esr andonizes alot of there stuff which dont get me wrong i like the looks of there stuff but 90 bucks for some tiny *** motor mounts then $144 for a whole igntion cover..hmm more material and time goes into a ignition cover then a a set of mounts... rocky mountain sells tusk gas caps for 16 bucks....umi or one of those brands sells them for 75....

SRH
02-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
$300 or more for any steering stem,Tireballs,pipes etc.....It's all overpriced.Why $500 for a pipe?$800 for a arms,whats the deal it's not like they are bent by hand or anything.This whole industry is overpriced because they know people like us are going to spend money(begged,borrowed,stolen or even earned)on parts to go faster or ride longer.I can put tires on my car for cheaper than I can on my ATV.Lets not even talk about shocks:mad: :cuss:

ill pay 350 for a roll design steering stem with a cast head before ill spend 200 on a some joe shmo fabrication stem made out of mild steal with a poor pc job and bad welds that twists out of shape in the first crash...you cant blame walsh, rpm, roll design , gibson etc for having such high prices there are people building pure junk parts putting it on ebay for 100-500 dollars less..the average guy scraping along is like psfffffffffff 1500 for these aarmns i can get parse lt a arms for 900 the guy sellin the 300 dollar cob jobs for 900 bucks is the problem not the guys spending the time and money doing things how they are suppose to be done you never see a hardcore racer running junk parts... but the average guy cant appreciate the well made stuff so there under the impression junk is the way to go and it makes it real hard on the bigger companies companies like laeger ,lsr,houser all make good stuff reasonably priced...they have minor faults and stuff...think of them as buying a chevy or ford then roll and walsh are like the rolls royce haha, then you have a goshibo sks= some no name pile of crap part
the average guy should be running laeger lsr, etc, and if you wanna go the extra mile or your pro youll run roll or some other brand

you cant really compare car parts and quad parts, quad shocks pipes etc are so much better made and there is alot of time equipment into make a good performing pipe or set of shocks

jmpulse
02-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Quite sad. Not one person has given the real reason the parts cost so damm much.

Law suits!

All these companies, if they plan on being around for long, will have to carry a large sum of insurance. Insurance on motorsports products can't be cheap.

It is time to take the courts back!

QuAdEr 317
02-12-2005, 09:53 PM

im with bill

muff
02-12-2005, 10:14 PM
$800 for a arms,whats the deal it's not like they are bent by hand or anything.

so your tellin me when they order steel, they order it in 1' prebent pieces?...give me a break. let me guess, magic robots not only assemble and weld the a-arm, but also test it as well :ermm:

more time and effort is put into many of the parts that may look simple, and there is absolutely NO WAY you can compare the car industry to the quad industry. when you can produce and sell in mass quantity the prices will be cheaper!!! and no where in our quad industry do you see mass producing on the level that automobiles are on...

maskale
02-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by muff
so your tellin me when they order steel, they order it in 1' prebent pieces?...give me a break. let me guess, magic robots not only assemble and weld the a-arm, but also test it as well :ermm:

more time and effort is put into many of the parts that may look simple, and there is absolutely NO WAY you can compare the car industry to the quad industry. when you can produce and sell in mass quantity the prices will be cheaper!!! and no where in our quad industry do you see mass producing on the level that automobiles are on...

True, lower prices are have alot to do with mass production.