PDA

View Full Version : sprocket question, powerkits also

jca 300ex
02-07-2005, 05:39 PM
hey i was wondering if you get a new back sprocket if you have to take the axle off? b/c i got a 14 tooth front sprocket and and if was to big and so i took it back and i gunna get a back one so i was wondering if the back sprocket will come off just to change without haveing to take the axle off...cuz i jsut wunt more low end....and i was also wondering about the quad works powerkits....the stage one...i was wondering if that makes a lot of a difference...and if thats also good for bottom end for hill climbin and harescrambles thanks everyone!!!! plz answer my question thanks

drifterx
02-07-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure about a power kit. If you had a pipe with it, it'd be a great upgrade though. I'd get that 14t front back, cause in order to get the back sprocket on/off, you have to take off the wheel, and unbolt it, and i think you might have to take the hub off too. My 14t front was a bit too big, it hit on the case saver, so i got out the metal grinder, and ground it down just a smidge, and it fit fine, and works great!

chucked
02-07-2005, 07:37 PM
if its a 300ex, you should only have to take off the wheel, I dont understand why a 14tooth was too big