PDA

View Full Version : Which clutch set-up should I get???

shamisc
02-07-2005, 12:51 PM
I was wanting to get a Hinson basket and stock inner hub and pressure plate for a 400EX. Should I go back with stock plates and HD springs, get another Barnett Dirt Digger w/ HD springs, or get an 8 plate set-up?? What's the advantages/disadvantages of an 8 plate?:confused:

shamisc
02-08-2005, 11:05 AM
bump

cals400ex
02-08-2005, 11:17 AM
most people say you can get the power to the ground a lot easier with the 8 plate setups. on mine, i know i have a bunch more slipping capabilities. slowing letting the lever out more and more will determine how much it will slip. with the stock clutch, slowing letting more and more of it out will not make drastic changes on how much it will slip. it is hard to explain. i do notice that with the 8 plate setup, it is easier to kill the bike in the woods. for racing conditions, i like it. for woods riding and cruising, i prefer stock.

Rico
02-08-2005, 11:22 AM
8 plate setup for sure. It doesn't even compare to the stocker. Power the ground better and I have not had any problems stalling the bike. I rode in the woods for almost 4 hours on sunday in some very tight stuff and never once killed the motor. I have a lightened flywheel which will make it even Easier to stall and still didn't. Work the clutch and keep the hammer down and you'll do fine..:devil:

UglyMotha™
02-08-2005, 01:34 PM
i duct tape the throttle open and drop the clutch, have yet to have any problems stalling her in the woods :o