PDA

View Full Version : Tinner air scoops

NacsRacing400
05-01-2002, 03:55 PM
I have the tinner airscoops. I just purchase long travel houser 19inch aarms with elka quad rate shocks. When looking at my quad today i noticed that my brake lines on the stock aarms come far enough up to rub the air scoops. Has anyone else had this problem, and will i have to take them off to use my new setup or is there a way to fix this. Anyone else use long travel suspension with these air scoops

crookedeyemoto-x
05-01-2002, 04:49 PM
Where did you get the scoops, and how much? Any pics of the scoops.

NacsRacing400
05-02-2002, 01:16 PM
i got them from an exriders member named tinner on here for 25.00, just search for airscoops on the form or look at ricos scoops, they are the same ones i got.

tinner
05-02-2002, 02:48 PM
Hello, the clamps on the front of the scoops are adjustable. I ran out in the garage and had to look for myself to see what the problem was. You can raise or lower the nuts to clear the brake lines. I run the top nut down 1/4". My clearance is fine using the stock bracket for the lines to attach to the frame. Hers is a pic ( I have new shocks...this is an older picture). Oh, Nacs if you have any questions feel free to ask me, but I think this will solve your problem.

NacsRacing400
05-02-2002, 03:09 PM
Thanks, ill have to go check that.