PDA

View Full Version : So, the factory riders earned their paychecks today...

Bush0102
02-06-2005, 09:13 PM
The three major factory riders definately did well at Glen Helen today...and man, what has gotten into Farr?

I heard he was smokin' today. Maybe we'll see someone give Gust a run for his money this year. Joe Byrd was also in the top 5, could he be Honda's next factory rider?

Mxjunkie
02-06-2005, 09:17 PM
I think honda did their homework this time for sure, what was with doug gust saying tim farrs bike was bored more then the limit :ermm:

One_Bad_400
02-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
, what has gotten into Farr?

I heard he was smokin' today.

:eek: :eek: :eek: no wonder he cant last 20 laps like gust!!!

Bush0102
02-06-2005, 09:20 PM
it's just because Farr has never done this well, and everyone just wanted to make sure everything was fair....besides, Gust had the same thing done to him last year.

Bush0102
02-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
:eek: :eek: :eek: no wonder he cant last 20 laps like gust!!!

haha thats funny you say that...last year at Loretta's I saw Gust smoking a cigarette after the race

One_Bad_400
02-06-2005, 09:26 PM
haha thats funny you say that...last year at Loretta's I saw Gust smoking a cigarette after the race

if i was honda or suzuki i would never let one of my ridders even see a' cigeret

Mxjunkie
02-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
if i was honda or suzuki i would never let one of my ridders even see a' cigeret

its pretty amazing how many pro's smoke, i herd one pro awhile that smoked, i cant recall his name but i was kinda like :eek2:

i guess its kinda like seeing your parents smoking for the first time, little bit of a surprise

TCracin440ex
02-06-2005, 09:32 PM
GO TIM thats all i gotta say...after all his troubles he had last year and didnt start winning until late in the season....he deserves this....i thought gust was good and a good sport...but ocme to find out hes a lil bioch....anybody who complains because they lost is just a lil crybaby imo...

i think its going to be a battle between him and gust this year and i hope this first win is going to start tims season off good...

bradley300
02-07-2005, 07:35 AM
i wouldnt call gust a cry baby. think about it, if last year gust was smoking farr all over the track an then all of a sudden farr comes out and no one can touch him, what would you think? it happened to gust last year too, its just part of racing. every now and then you have to double check the guy thats running unusally faster than normal

K_Fulk
02-07-2005, 11:25 AM
it's just because Farr has never done this well, and everyone just wanted to make sure everything was fair....besides, Gust had the same thing done to him last year.

Never done well? What about the other 4 GNC pro championships he won. I think there just getting it dialed in this year.

Bush0102
02-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
Never done well? What about the other 4 GNC pro championships he won. I think there just getting it dialed in this year.

i know, i was referring to last year, or since he joined the honda team. Farr was always on the podium on his 250, but last year he just wasnt that consistent.

TCracin440ex
02-07-2005, 11:34 AM
oh well hondas going to do it up now!!! gust got his *** handed to him yesteday by that honda!!!

seatec
02-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
oh well hondas going to do it up now!!! gust got his *** handed to him yesteday by that honda!!!

Dude chill out. the season is long and many things can happen.
As others have said before. You have to check up on your competition sometimes to keep them honest. That was probably not even Dougs call to file the protest. Just relax and be happy your honda team won!

TCracin440ex
02-07-2005, 04:47 PM
just excited tim won, last year he was workin out all the bugs in his bike and everything now hes got it right...and you can tell hes really been practicing in the offseason

KFX21
02-07-2005, 04:51 PM
If you remember Farr was crying to the refs last year and they tore Gust's motor down, maybe a little payback? It don't matter cause Tim was flyin, i don't think anybody would have caught him on a hybrid quad!!!!! Kory Ellis smoked e/body last year at the Glen and did'nt win anymore the rest of the year. I'd say that we're gonna have multiple winners this year, unlike last season.

TCracin440ex
02-07-2005, 04:53 PM
i must honestly say that i was begginin to have my doubts with tim farr i was actually pulling for john natalie and was hoping he would put honda back on the podium for us, but farr was in the spotlight yesterday and i think that was his first 1st place fininsh in the GNC nationals on the 450r!!!

KFX21
02-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Natalie is another one to watch, i think he made a mockery of everyone during the indoor series. He made a good switch IMO. I'd like to see a different winner each round!!!! Farr let it hang out like Jones usually does and if he does this all season the others will need a gun to stop him!!!! But i'd rather see good, hard side by side racing for the win regardless of who i root for.

Bush0102
02-07-2005, 07:06 PM
hopefully this year we wont see an early clinch of the championship. It would be nice to see good competition that brought the race for first all the way to the last couple rounds of racing.

GNCC needs this same thing, since 1993 the only champions have been Barry Hawk and Bill Ballance.

02-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Watch out for Josh Creamer! This is only his 3rd year racing and he's in the pro class.

1st year: he went from C class to A class in NEATV-MX
2nd year:he was the NEATV-MX Pro-Am champ, and the fastest guy in NEATV-MX IMO.

And racers smoke because MX doesnt really make your cardio work.

Bush0102
02-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450

And racers smoke because MX doesnt really make your cardio work.

and probably because after a MX race that fast, you would need to calm your nerves too!

MXRACER86
02-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Did I hear you right? Did you just say that mx doesn't have alot of cardio?:huh :huh :huh It is the most cardio out of all of types of racing!

team_450_88
02-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Natalie will be up there with them in TEXAS..his rear brakes went out and the mud was causing his throttle to stick..Crappy Luck but Natalies a good rider and I wanna see Him do good this year..See yall in Texas

02-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
Did I hear you right? Did you just say that mx doesn't have alot of cardio?:huh :huh :huh It is the most cardio out of all of types of racing! Yea, you heard me right. It gives me armpump and all that good stuff, and makes me hot as hell, but im not breathing heavy, except when the nerves are running wild which is pretty hard to control before motos. Im gonna start chewing gum during motos to keep me focused, anyone else do this?

Dale512
02-08-2005, 02:00 PM
I do know Farr's motors are coming from Japan this year:)

Bush0102
02-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
I do know Farr's motors are coming from Japan this year:)

"this moto is for Tim Farr fourwheerer":chinese:

CRE Performance
02-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
Yea, you heard me right. It gives me armpump and all that good stuff, and makes me hot as hell, but im not breathing heavy, except when the nerves are running wild which is pretty hard to control before motos. Im gonna start chewing gum during motos to keep me focused, anyone else do this?

Geez man, how old are you?:confused: If MX doesnt give you a cardio workout you havent rode the same tracks I have or your a 19yo fitness freak:D