View Full Version : bombbardier 650

6858-400ex
02-06-2005, 06:39 PM
how many horespower do these have

does any body have one are they good built bikes

how fast are they

YFZ450Ridr
02-06-2005, 07:53 PM
ive seen a few people on here that have some nice ones. i know if your doing any kind of dune riding, you cant beat it. and i think if you do a distance drag, theres nothing faster stock for stock i hear.

JDiablo
02-06-2005, 08:05 PM
idk,for some reason when i sat on one it just felt like the perfect trail quad stock,nice and big and wide

I hear they are pushing in the mid 70's for speed

I would get one if i had extra cash laying around

Dale512
02-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Dunno about being the perfect trailquad. But they put about 48HP at the crank give or take a few. They are extremely well built, as good as any Honda, which is a good thing.

bradley300
02-07-2005, 07:00 AM
the 2005 or 6 (i forget wich but it also has an aluminum swingarm) is re-geared to now do right at 80. the are big heavet and wide, def. not a trail quad. if you want to race desert, its the perfect machine. its big, wide, built like a ton of bricks, powerful, very fast, rides like a caddilac and fells like one too. its got the most comfy seat ive ever been on. to wide and heavy to do great on trails, but if you want to race best in the desert type races, i'd say there isnt a more perfect quad out there

dsracer666
02-07-2005, 07:19 AM
great quad! I love mine! its not to bad down trails, I've never had a problem unless I'm breaking my own trail.

I also mx race it, and would put it up against any other stock quad on a track!

unless your going to be playing in the mud its one of the best all around quads out.

sMoKiNyFz
02-07-2005, 05:30 PM
i got an 03 and its been trouble. Pretty fast but very heavy for having no reverse. I had a melted voltage regulator and a messed up starter. when i took it to the dealer the problems got worse the further we went.
Besides that, its a smooth bike that jumps nice but aint so go for the track or woods.

SuzukiGirl64
02-14-2005, 11:42 AM
"Real race quads don't need reverse"

(This is what I was told by a DS owner)

beak7707
02-14-2005, 12:58 PM
They are good quads, I myself wouldnt own one but thats because they dont fit my riding style. They are without a doubt the most comfortable quad, they ride great. Tons of torque and power and run good. They live for wide open areas, not to great in tight situations. I dont think they are as fast as everybody thinks, I know everybody has thier own opinions. But in a short drag I have seen z400's smoke them. My friend has one and it got hammered by the 450r. We never opened them up wide open but I know they have a lot of top end. They are built well, my friend has an 00 and has never had a problem with it. They are getting cheaper and if I lived around a desert or dunes I'd be tempted to look into one.