PDA

View Full Version : impressed with the 426

underpowered
02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
i went riding saturday with some of my buddies on all kinds of quad. The placew wer were at had a huge open field so be had some drag races. well needless to say, i beat everybody there. Anyting from a banshee to a few Z's and some other 400's and my bros 350EX. it was faster than i thought it would be since this is the first time i have had it topped out.

Nate408
02-07-2005, 11:05 AM
What parts are u using for your 426? I just picked a je 11.1 comp piston, will probably get stage 2 hotcam. did bore your stock cylinder or resleeve?
thanks

knelson
02-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Me and my friend both just finished building "twin" 426ex's . we took them out sunday and let me just say I wish we would have done it sooner these things are hard to keep the front end down.We raced a number of quads (stock and modified) and beat all of them except a couple of dirt bikes and a friends yfz that has exhaust, the cam mod,air filter,rev box.The yfz and 426 were about neck and neck till about mid 3rd gear or fourth then it would slowly pull away but not by a whole lot.We didnt have our fcr 39mm carbs on so we might be a little faster after that but over all I feel like I am riding a whole new bike .
The mods are :
k/n filter, fcr39mm carb(just got in today),sanded the rubber intake boot to take out the casting mark and to port match it to the intake,port and polish,hot cams stage 2, 88mm je 11 to 1,
sparks degree key,fmf power bomb header(ground the welds to match exhaust port ) and fmf titanium header.

thomps6s
02-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I have a hard time believing you beat a banshee on a drag with a 426. The banshee must have had a tired engine.

knelson
02-07-2005, 11:57 AM
actually, I also beat two banshee's. One had toomey pipes and the two into one air filter and the other one just had fmf pipes.
Now granted they were not built up and were just about all stock but still banshees and we were racing on dirt where tire spin is a factor and they were on stock rubbers so that may be why.
But we still beat them.

thomps6s
02-07-2005, 12:37 PM
That is pretty cool.

underpowered
02-08-2005, 04:25 AM
ibelieve it is 11:1 on a bored stock sleeve. I just have a WB all around cam, HMF slip on, and a twin air air filter. I plan on adding a header and eventually port work and a carb. The banshee i beat had some work like wiseco pro-lite pistons .20 over, port work, boysen reeds, milled head, and stock pipes. The only reason i beat it was because he dropped 2 teeth on the front sprocket.