PDA

View Full Version : Flat track anyone????

dr.nick
02-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Does anyone flat track YFZ?...If yes,whats your setup to lower
your Quad???and widen???:macho

harescrambles
02-06-2005, 08:10 PM
dont race flat track but i lowerd mine for mx, i put 19 holeshots on the front 20 on rear lonestar axel makes it 49 and 3/4 inches wide on the rear. i have Lt on the front now, but before i did i had the front wheels turned around and that made it 49 inches wide in the front....dont know if this helped much

baseballplaya23
02-06-2005, 11:06 PM
hey my cousin flat tracks his YFZ and on the front he just got wider a-arms and a sway bar. he didnt lower the front at all. the rear he got the x-33 axle and on the right side he has a wheel spacer. he also has the rear lowering kit for it.

Freestylemxr
02-07-2005, 09:23 AM
My friend is gonna flat track, He's doin flat track tires all around (not sure what size) and puttin a durablue lowering kit on it (its a 400ex but its all the same haha) and he has +2 a-arms and a +4 durablue axle

EvilJester400EX
02-07-2005, 02:58 PM
You'll need extended a-arms, extended axle, ZPS shocks, Flat track tires on 10 inch rims in the rear and 10 inch rims in the front, a rear rebuilt shock, or an aftermarket rear shock, and maybe a -1 swingarm.

IDYFZ
02-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I Flat Track my YFZ. It has stock suspension and no sway bar. Not by choice just can't afford all the goodies. This is what I do and it works pretty good. Rear lowering kit ( crjperformance) check out their site. 18" rear tires Turfs work well if you can't afford American Racers or Hoosiers. As far as the front I wouldn't get a lowering kit for it. I think that it is waste of money. I knew somebody that lowered theirs and it pushed really bad. I just take all of the preload out of the shocks and lighten the compression dampening. Also run the shortest front tire you can, and a 3-2 offset just alittle bit wider than stock. I have Razr MX fronts love them, again run those if you can't afford Hoosiers. Most important get some Nerf bars:) Once you start to get good buy some good Flat Track tires and a sway bar and make sure your quad isn't too wide. I run on a small indoor track during the winter and having a super wide quad can hurt your chances of doing well.

EvilJester400EX
02-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, stock Yamaha Banshee front shocks will work to drop your YFZ a little bit (at least it did with my 400ex).

droopylee
02-19-2005, 09:20 AM
I have been TT and ST racing since 1994 and it takes some equipment to do it, but if on a budget, need good tires and at least beadlock rear rims, lower it using a rear lowering linkage from CRJ Performance, reasonable, since it has stock height and another to lower 3". Just a change of a bolt hole and its done. Want to get wider as well, wheel spacer can work for ST, but would not use for TT.
A swaybar would be the next thing, then work up through some good suspension especially when TTing. I am running Elkas all around and like them, but make sure to go with remote res or you will have to pay more for a swaybar, since they do make them to go around the piggybacks now. I run my piggybacks reverse, since there is enough room to clear, that is with the piggybacks in the frame.
Traction is name of game for ST, not the HP, I am at 56HP out of my YFZ and I am almost at to much HP. Depending on if banked track or total flat, might want to run offset rear wheels, and a taller tire on outside, definately not for TT.
I know I rambled on, but hope helps out, if budget isn't an issue, get everything and go for it.

Lee Droopydog Aarhus #21 National 30+ veteran class

YFZ450man
02-23-2005, 08:08 PM
I just started flat track racing and did the following mods. I have the CRJ rear lowering kit,Lonestar sway bar,front lowering kit,and of course the air filter kit and cam and pipe and jetting. Like others starting I can't afford the A Arms and front shocks yet. I know the guys at NMotion technolgy real well. They told me to lower my front end by putting Blaster shocks on the front. The stock shocks will not work with a swaybar. I know it sounds weird using Balster front shocks, but they do work. With flat track you don't do any big jumping. You do alittle with the TT track, but it has worked well for me. They are in the process of making a 520 kit for the YFZ's. If you look in the Feb edition of Dirt Wheels they did a 520 kit to a 450R Honda. It is a new cast cylinder. No boring done at all. New cylinder and piston. These guys are getting real popular in the racing business. They are located in Wichita,Ks. Here is their web site. www.nmotiontechnology.com