PDA

View Full Version : mini chopper project trade for car amp

kicker696
02-06-2005, 01:58 PM
I have a mini chopper that i began to build and just basicly have ran out of time to build it anymore. I have about 70% of it done and have about 75% of the things needed to finish it. Off the top of my head, i know it needs, front tire and rim, chain, clutch, headlight, hydrolic brake line, throttle and cable, and battery thats basicly it for parts.

The frame and forks are completly custom made out of 1 inch o.d. mild steel tubing, everything but the headlight mount and rear caliper mount has been TIG welded. With the forks attached and no tires on, the bike is 8 1/2 feet long. The handle bars are off of a 1973 honda 360tl road bike and look awesome on the chopper.

The gas tank is a sportster tank that has a candy apple blue flame paint job overtop of white, it is trully awesome! The gas tank is mounted, but it still needs a front mount. i made a custom devil tail sissy bar that needs to be welded to the rear fender and will add an extreamly custom look. The seat is also from a sportster, and is completly mounted to the frame.

The engine is an 8hp tecumseh engine that was going to be used in a cart for racing, it is fully ported and polished, and is bored .20 over. It has electric start and is brand new minus about 4 hours of break in time. I was told that this engine would go about 65 mph in a cart with a 135lbs person driving. The carts ussually weigh about 100-120 lbs, the mini chopper will be about 85-100 lbs when finished. I paid 450 for the engine alone when i first purchased it.

I have some stainless steel pipe that is already bent and ready to go for the exaust, some 16 guage steel for whatever other cool stuff you want to add to it and some other random metal that i will also be including.

I have well over 100 hours into building this bike, the frame and forks alone were 30 hours with the bending and calcuating involved.

This would make a great pit bike and somthing totally different from the crf50's and yz50's you always see driving around!

I am looking to trade the mini chopper for a car amp that is pushing no less than 800rms @ 1 ohms per channel

If you have any questions either PM or e-mail me at kicker696@hotmail.com.

Also i do have pictures if anyone is interested, please let me know.