PDA

View Full Version : 450r ride

Scott-300ex
02-06-2005, 12:03 PM
well, i was at my cousins yesterday and his friend keeps his 450r out there, my dad rode it and said "Wow" he thought it was nice and fast, i hop on that mofo and i new it would be fast cuz i rode a pretator, predator, however you spell it before and it was amazing, so i get on the 450 and just start rippin on it, get on the rode for like a mile, then i turn around, and less than a quarter mile i was probably doin about 65, all i did on that thing, was let out the clutch give her all she had, all the way and shift without the clutch, so i was movin, kick her sideways easy enough. lol, dam she moves. i come back and am like, is my face still on or did it get ripped off. yeah the darn thing moves after i let the clutch out like 1/16 of an inch, on mine i let it out like 2/3's of the way, then it hits the friction point, so i get on it and try to take off and kill it im like, dam it, it took a while to get used to

my cousin was saying how easy it is to pick the front end up and stuff.

so i just wanted to say i got to ride one, it was sweet

Moto92
02-06-2005, 02:01 PM
does your cousins friend know your riding his R :ermm:
thats worthy of a whoopin there

MotoX3
02-06-2005, 02:09 PM
yeah man...it wasnt yours and your rippin on it...shifting without the clutch:confused: :huh

gyt-r450
02-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer

word:rolleyes:

ckasper18
02-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Thats why you keep your own quad in your own garage you dont have those problems.

wvspeedfreak
02-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by gyt-r450
word:rolleyes:

double word:cool: :cool:

trick450r
02-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
double word:cool: :cool:

triple word...i would fu(k you up if you did that on my 450r....

Scott-300ex
02-06-2005, 03:38 PM
1. When you shift fast your suppost to not use the clutch or you'll burn your clutch up

2. I know the guy too, i went muddin out at his house with my truck, and we wave to each other on the road all the time and we used to say hi and stuff at school but he graduated

3. He wouldn't care if I rode it cuz i know how to and i ain't ganna mess it up

4. He knew my cousin would ride it and he knows people who get on it is ganna ride it hard

5. How many of you would ride it and just be a ***** on it and idle around on it

6. How many of you have ridden other peoples quads and treated them like they were yours, ridin them hard, huh, probably everyone of you that said i should get my arse beat

so don't be stupid

Syrus
02-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer

Where in that story does it say he took it without him knowing it ?

derekhonda
02-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
1. When you shift fast your suppost to not use the clutch or you'll burn your clutch up

2. I know the guy too, i went muddin out at his house with my truck, and we wave to each other on the road all the time and we used to say hi and stuff at school but he graduated

3. He wouldn't care if I rode it cuz i know how to and i ain't ganna mess it up

4. He knew my cousin would ride it and he knows people who get on it is ganna ride it hard

5. How many of you would ride it and just be a ***** on it and idle around on it

6. How many of you have ridden other peoples quads and treated them like they were yours, ridin them hard, huh, probably everyone of you that said i should get my arse beat

so don't be stupid

1. everyone has their own style and beliefs, i wont argue with yours.

2. I know a lot of people, and wave at lots of people too, but if any of them jumped on my quad without me knowing they would get to know the back of my hand real quick.

3. And you know this because.....?

4. and he is ok with that?

5. quoting your first post "so i get on the 450 and just start rippin on it" doesnt sound like idling.

6. If we trade for a while, or whatever, sure we both ride them hard, but if someone just jumped on mine and started beating on it, they are an *******.

7. take your own advice

Scott-300ex
02-06-2005, 10:00 PM
i didn't say i was idling

5. quoting your first post "so i get on the 450 and just start rippin on it" doesnt sound like idling.

i said, if you ride someone elses do you idle

this guy is my friends, i'd let him ride my 4-wheeler but he's never around, and he could ride it hard

i rode it for like 1 mile on the road so what 3 minutes, you should see how he rides it

im not sayin im right and your wrong, im just sayin, thats how you ride a quad and if not your a ***** or just don't know how to ride one

i'll make a dam video of me askin the guy if it was ok for me to ride his quad like i did and show it on here and he won't even care, plus, he could buy 500 of them cuz his parents are rich and they buy most everything of his stuff

i was just trying to say i just finally rode a 450r and now i got to deal with all this chit

dpizz450
02-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
1. everyone has their own style and beliefs, i wont argue with yours.

2. I know a lot of people, and wave at lots of people too, but if any of them jumped on my quad without me knowing they would get to know the back of my hand real quick.

3. And you know this because.....?

4. and he is ok with that?

6. If we trade for a while, or whatever, sure we both ride them hard, but if someone just jumped on mine and started beating on it, they are an *******.

7. take your own advice

you were never a bright one, were you? re-read the post, then try again. do u think whoever owns the R would leave it there with the key in it if he minded them riding it? please put some thought into it before you post next time man.:macho

markk
02-07-2005, 02:07 AM
i know if i was your cuz id be FRUCKIN pissed!

derekhonda
02-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
you were never a bright one, were you? re-read the post, then try again. do u think whoever owns the R would leave it there with the key in it if he minded them riding it? please put some thought into it before you post next time man.:macho

Hmmm, some people (believe it or not !!!!!) still trust others to do the right thing. Regardless of if he left the key there or not, neither scott-300ex nor his cousin paid for that 450r, and by them simply riding it they might have even broken the law.

Lets look at it this way. You go to the grocery store in your car. I drive by with a friend and say, "There is yz-ridas corvette, thats such a sweet car lets go look at it. Oh my god, he left the keys in it, he wont mind if i drive it down the block and back, he is such a good friend of mine." Guess you dont care right? After all, you left the keys in it.

rneal
02-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Much better to trash the synchros and crunch gears than to burn up clutch plates. A clutch is a wear item for a reason.

markk
02-07-2005, 03:28 PM
SOme people just dont use there :confused:

Bubba
02-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Hmmm, some people (believe it or not !!!!!) still trust others to do the right thing. Regardless of if he left the key there or not, neither scott-300ex nor his cousin paid for that 450r, and by them simply riding it they might have even broken the law.

Lets look at it this way. You go to the grocery store in your car. I drive by with a friend and say, "There is yz-ridas corvette, thats such a sweet car lets go look at it. Oh my god, he left the keys in it, he wont mind if i drive it down the block and back, he is such a good friend of mine." Guess you dont care right? After all, you left the keys in it.

The way i look at it is. if its on MY property i'm going to ride it. This dude left his 300 over one time. I told him i would probabaly ride it and he said he didnt care. So if it were on my property i would cruise it. If it were on my cousins prperty i would probabaly cruise it too. But i never ride anyones stuff like i ride mine.

Tortured Z
02-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Scott 300ex,
Here's something for you to think about, this happened 16yrs ago. I went riding with my cousins and a bunch of friends we got back late and I was too tired to unload my bike off the trailer so I left it at my cousins house, thinking it would be safe. I come back 2 days later and I see my cousin with my bike in a field by his house. I knew something was wrong because I watched him pound on my shifter like he couldn't get it into gear or out of gear. My other cousin towed him back and when I checked the bike and found he thrashed my gears I beat the living **** out of him. I beat him so bad he ended up in the hospital. I haven't talk to him again since.

Moral of the story is treat other peoples stuff better than you treat your own because if you don't you will pay for it one way or another.

And also, you better hope the owner of that 450r doesn't read this thread and if you say you're not worried about it tell him what you did and how you did it.

Scott-300ex
02-09-2005, 04:19 PM
when did i say i wasn't worried about it?

i guess you had to be there cuz you guys are just being dicks about this whole thing, i didn't get on the thing and slam the crap out of everything, i didn't trash the suspension, engine, or anything, so stop being such an idiot

and if that story is true, you shouldn't have left it at your cousings cuz apparently he doesn't know what he's doing, and you left the key so don't blame it on me that it got trased, ITS YOUR OWN FAULT! and beating him up is very stupid and immature, and you got guts to say the stuff your sayin to me after what you did? psh!

__________________________________________________ __
"There is yz-ridas corvette, thats such a sweet car lets go look at it. Oh my god, he left the keys in it, he wont mind if i drive it down the block and back, he is such a good friend of mine." Guess you dont care right? After all, you left the keys in it.
__________________________________________________ __

ok, my cousins friend said he could ride it and he rides it like its his, and the owner knows it, and did he tell you before hand, that you can ride it, and leaving it at your house and handing the keys to you is different than leaving the keys in your car on accident in a parking lot.

he said we could drive it, he knows how we ride them so just shut up cuz i am wasting 10 minutes of my time on you.

if he hands you the dam keys and says take it for a spin, what are you ganna do, on a quad everyone says is so good, you got to test it out

SRH
02-09-2005, 04:38 PM
i cant believe how many quad guys beleive you must use the clutch when upshifting or you do some damage to the quad...thats not true! only time the clutch is need is downshifting this was in a question and answer with factory mehcanic i read awhile back that explained why...it has to do with the speed the motor and tranny is turning when going up a gear puts no tension on the tranny but downshifting everything is going a diff speeds and its putting more stress to the transmission and its components ....ill stop before i get it all garbled up, but alot of people who get into riding think ohhhh i got use my clutch.... the tranny is synchro mesh its not gonna grind... or wear from upshifting, but i dont know about you guys but im usually going fast into a corner and i pull the clutch in right as i get there and go down a few gears while im sliding then dump the clutch again...out of habit i always use the clutch when downshifting i dont know anyone who uses clutch for shifting but i dont think ive ever seen tim farr or doug gust grab the clutch when going through the gears.... i heard on the 250rs that sometimes it was need to get them to shift but i never owned one so i dunno

Scott-300ex
02-09-2005, 05:01 PM
thanks man

you know a lot about that:eek:

thats true, thats how we can prove it too, look at the pros, ya don't see them pullin it in

good job

trick450r
02-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i cant believe how many quad guys beleive you must use the clutch when upshifting or you do some damage to the quad...thats not true! only time the clutch is need is downshifting this was in a question and answer with factory mehcanic i read awhile back that explained why...it has to do with the speed the motor and tranny is turning when going up a gear puts no tension on the tranny but downshifting everything is going a diff speeds and its putting more stress to the transmission and its components ....ill stop before i get it all garbled up, but alot of people who get into riding think ohhhh i got use my clutch.... the tranny is synchro mesh its not gonna grind... or wear from upshifting, but i dont know about you guys but im usually going fast into a corner and i pull the clutch in right as i get there and go down a few gears while im sliding then dump the clutch again...out of habit i always use the clutch when downshifting i dont know anyone who uses clutch for shifting but i dont think ive ever seen tim farr or doug gust grab the clutch when going through the gears.... i heard on the 250rs that sometimes it was need to get them to shift but i never owned one so i dunno

Yeah, use the clutch on 250r's all the time...i thought up shifting without it was okay untill i upshifted without clutch...blew the gear right the the case on the middle of a trail...made a hell of a mess of my tranny...put about a 3 inch hole in my tranny case!:eek2:

SRH
02-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
Yeah, use the clutch on 250r's all the time...i thought up shifting without it was okay untill i upshifted without clutch...blew the gear right the the case on the middle of a trail...made a hell of a mess of my tranny...put about a 3 inch hole in my tranny case!:eek2:

yeah predator you need to too...

i dunno why but some of the older hondas have really notchy and awkward shifting and even with the clutch it feels like your jamming it into gear, my buddies with 250rs always said they had to hit the clutch under power to shift ive owned probaly close to 15 quads and dirtbikes maybe more and never used the clutch any diff than i said and never had problems, some of the new mx bikes and my yfz shift so effortlessly under power its amazing... my 400ex i had to use the clutch under really hard acceleration butmy yfz and rm 125 i had felt like i can shift with my pinky no matter how hard i hammered on it