PDA

View Full Version : Ticking Noise

jf265
02-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Hey after I had the Hrc cam installed I get a ticking noise at very low idle. Any ideas as to what this is and should I have it looked at.

Thanks

Killdmycobra
02-06-2005, 11:17 AM
What was your valve lash after installation?? How did you break in the camshaft? How many hours do you have on the bike before and after the cam install? Was the sound right after the installation? Did you lube up the cam and rocker with moly? What kind of oil do you use??

Jeff

jf265
02-06-2005, 11:19 AM
It was installed by a honda dealer so what they did I cannot answer. The bike might have 20 hours on it when it was installed. I took it pretty easy on it for a while before I ever got onto it. I use the oil honda specifies.

Killdmycobra
02-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by jf265
It was installed by a honda dealer so what they did I cannot answer. The bike might have 20 hours on it when it was installed. I took it pretty easy on it for a while before I ever got onto it. I use the oil honda specifies.

Take it back to the honda dealer and tell them to check your valve lash. They are suppose to do that after about the first ride with the new cam. If there is ticking up top, it is there fault most likely. And dont let them bull**** you about the lash does not need to be checked.