PDA

View Full Version : suzuki lt80

dreth23
02-06-2005, 10:25 AM
my son lt80 will not start or even turnover. i changed the battery and still nothing! any ideas?

foleyit
02-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Do you have any sort of aftermarket kill switches on your lt80?

Do you know that the battery is good?

Have you tried charging the battery?

I had a similar problem and it ended up being my starter. Good luck if it's the starter because that is one part I don't look forward to ever replacing again.

wilkin250r
02-07-2005, 12:21 PM
It may just be the starter relay.

smr
02-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Look under the rear plastic for a little reset buttun. It is located real close to the release for the seat.

Most likely if your overloads are kicking out then you will be buying a starter real soon. (I recomend the pull rope)

Good luck

dirtmomma
02-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Is this little magic switch on ALL LT's???????????????????? We have the same problem w/ ours we are in the market for a starter also :( I know they have them on Ebay for about a bone!! thats where we will be getting ours I think.

smr
02-10-2005, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dirtmomma
[B]Is this little magic switch on ALL LT's????????????????????"

I believe so. It is kindof hard to find if you don't know what you are looking for. You just push on the back of it and you will hear it reset.

You can also jump it out but you are taking a chance on blowing a fuse.

Mxjunkie
02-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Take the seat off of it and near the battery there should be a little black box, usually this causes it not to run and start we had 2 of them go bad on mine. if theres any motor work your starter is probaly trashed -maybe- we took out a few with mine, ricks offers a starter.

LT80
02-13-2005, 08:28 AM
The button is not on older models.
When you push the start button, do you hear a click under the seat?
If not then check the switch with an ohm meter.I've had the switch go bad.
FYI: motor work will not do anything to the LT80 starter. it'd turn over a Mack truck :D