PDA

View Full Version : LT adjustability question

LuckyCharms
02-06-2005, 09:40 AM
I just purchased a long travel setup for my 400ex and I'm wondering if I made a mistake - I got Elka LT quadrate comp adj only w/ remotes - my ideal setup would have been comp/reb adjustable w/ piggybacks. My question is does having the rebound adjustability give you that much more tweaking or doesn't it matter and I shouldn't worry about it. Thanks

R3Concepts
02-06-2005, 12:58 PM
If your not a Pro, you dont need rebound. Half the big time Pros I know never touch the rebound anyways. A good shock maker can compensate rebound adjustments with the valving.

powerstroke
02-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I disagree. rebound is an important adjustment. if elka did their job correctly your rebound should be right(or close enough). if the rebound setting from elka is not working for you then you will have to send them back to elka to be adjusted. good luck and happy racing. Matt

R3Concepts
02-07-2005, 07:58 PM
On a ZPS shock, IF the maker knows what they are doing then the rebound will be perfect. But I guess that puts Elkas out for sure. Blahaha

yfz450xc
02-08-2005, 07:53 AM
I just put my LT system on front and rear , quad springs remote rezie w/ comp and rebound adj up front dual spring in back, didnt touch my rebound everything I read said Elka was right on for thier rebound and I am no pro by any means but it sure feels good, I barley touched mine and then only ride height. I am extemely happy w/ mine really sticks to corners now .
cross country racing.

powerstroke
02-10-2005, 08:22 AM
good deal scott! glad to hear the front end is working out for you. Dave and I got my front end and shocks installed last night but i have not ridden it yet. I am looking forward to seeing how it works. Matt