PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic clutches

mxfoxracermx
02-06-2005, 07:15 AM
anybody ever use one of these? does it acctually make the clutch easier to pull in and is it worth the money?

deathman53
02-06-2005, 08:51 AM
I know a person with one for a 400ex,he likes it. But he always brings is stock cluth stuff with him, so if the hydo cluth line breaks or something he can still have a cluth lever to hook-up. Ktm dirtbikes come with them, so they gotta be good.

Rich250RRacer
02-06-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm sure you will hear arguements for and against on here, but I've run a Magura now for three years and haven't had a problem with it. I think it's one of the best aftermarket items I've used and wouldn't go without it now. It will give you true clutch feel, no resistance from a cable. It is not a cheater system that changes leverage ratio like some of these gimmick high dollar perch and lever set-ups. Changing the leverage ratio can give you an unbelieveably easy clutch, but you are actually losing clutch arm travel. With the hydraulic unit, the only resistance you feel is from the clutch springs, and you retain full clutch arm travel.

beak7707
02-06-2005, 09:16 AM
I agree with Rich, I also am very happy with mine. I never had any problems out of mine and it was one of the best clutch pulls I have ever flet. Also 2 of my buddies run them also and they havent had any failures either.

XCredrider
02-06-2005, 11:34 AM
i have a buddy with 10 percent stiffer springs in his 250r. He was having problems pulling on long rides cause it was pretty hard. He put on the Hydro clutch and it is pbobablyy the easiest and most positive pulls i've ever felt. Cannonodale's come with them also and they only have the best on them. :D

Oldrrider
02-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Will they work with stock headlight kill switch on the bars? Is there enough room?

beerock
02-06-2005, 07:36 PM
my two friends have the magura hydraulic clutch. one is the entry level set up and the other has the billit aluminum top of the line set up.

If properly set up, new cable well lubed, a good non notched inner hub and basket and a rtc clutch lever. it will be smoother then any magura. This is the setup i run and my clutch pull is easier then BOTH hydraulics. both my friends scratched there head over it, granbted there a trick part to have but id rather spend it on other things.

IMHO id rather have a clutch cable fray out to tell me i need to replace it instead of a hydraulic clutch line blow and have no clutch at all.

heres the walsh all billit magura

JDiablo
02-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by beerock
my two friends have the magura hydraulic clutch. one is the entry level set up and the other has the billit aluminum top of the line set up.

If properly set up, new cable well lubed, a good non notched inner hub and basket and a rtc clutch lever. it will be smoother then any magura. This is the setup i run and my clutch pull is easier then BOTH hydraulics. both my friends scratched there head over it, granbted there a trick part to have but id rather spend it on other things.

IMHO id rather have a clutch cable fray out to tell me i need to replace it instead of a hydraulic clutch line blow and have no clutch at all.

heres the walsh all billit magura

ahh i love that quad :eek:

outlaw#9
02-06-2005, 09:14 PM
looks like a trailer queen to me :rolleyes:

beerock
02-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by outlaw#9

must be jealous, aint no trailer queen

beerock
02-06-2005, 10:39 PM
yep, trailer queen...;)

JDiablo
02-07-2005, 03:05 PM

this a trailor queen too?:rolleyes:

Plante400
02-09-2005, 08:50 PM
how much does a hydro cost? around ahha

EvilJester400EX
02-10-2005, 02:53 PM

There's a fine line between trailer queen and keeping your stuff clean. ;)

JDiablo
02-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Plante400
how much does a hydro cost? around ahha

it was 265 for me with hydro clutch,stainless steel line and bleed kit,but they are like 200ish with the hydro clutch and plastic line