PDA

View Full Version : 2005 GNC Glen Helen Discussion

exrider360
02-05-2005, 06:41 AM
is dana pretty much the only pro rider that is it still running the crf450 bike.

Tuff4stroke
02-05-2005, 06:57 AM
THANK YOU for the AWESOME coverage so far of Glen Helen!!!

I can be sure that I speak for all members in saying we appreciate it!! Can't wait for more!!

Great shot of Ellis doing the triple at Glen Helen...I would like to add that Walsh Race Craft/Sheridan Race Products Pro, Pro-Am rider #270 Josh Creamer also hit that as a triple! .....way to go Josh!! Josh pulled the holeshot in the 2nd half of the 12 hour race and held it for almost an hour(he also had the third fastest lap time of the race!)

New England ATV- MX(NEATV-MX) Series champions #270 Josh Creamer and #26 Vinnie Mofford(along with champion #19 Eldon Townes as official "wrench") are on hand representing New England on the west coast....Good Luck Guys!

Stop by the pits, they will be flying an NEATV-MX banner if interested in our East Coast Series...it is FIRST CLASS series all the way!

Should be awesome racing this week end. Great to see the series get going!

BE FAST and STAY HEALTHY ALL(it's race #1 we got the whole series to go!!!!)

Great to see you out there again Dana!!:cool:

Smiles

Lynn and Phil Sheridan
S R P
Sheridan Race Products
www.sheridanraceproducts.com

Good Luck Again this year to our 2005 Pros:

Mike Walsh
Dana Creech
Josh Creamer

Cdaleracer
02-05-2005, 07:07 AM
Great coverage so far!! I wish I was there to see it all in person.

Can whoever is covering this get some action shots of the girls please?

MXBlaster23
02-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Awsome coverage! How about that Team Media All Stars with Upperman and Kendall and the rest of the gang?

trick450r
02-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by exrider360
is dana pretty much the only pro rider that is it still running the crf450 bike.

you mean his practice bike of course....

Kilabanshee
02-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the awesome pictures harlen, you did a great job! Will Natalie still be running his fox air shocks?

atvmx14
02-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Ahhh man i got butterfly's in my stomach reading that coverage already.....

Why would dana bounch from a crf450 to a yfz450? That doesn't make sense..

coryatver
02-05-2005, 08:44 AM
your not allowed to race a crf.

Great coverage! I love the behind the scene looks at the shops! Its amazing that those guys have bikes being built while they are all over practing and getting ready. That would be amazing to ride doug gust's bike.

400exBro
02-05-2005, 08:57 AM
i don't dana is running in the Pro Class anymore??? i read he will be running Pro- am and Open Pro-am, and that is probably why he is using his crf450 bike??? i will see if i can find that info again...

Jeff2269
02-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Dana is just going to focus on the ITP quadcross series. Hes riding a yfz.
I dont see any stickers on Gust's and jones's bikes, but it looks like they are running Walsh suspension??

QuadJunkies
02-05-2005, 09:43 AM
I cant wait to hear the Coverage!! Best of luck to all the riders!!

atvmx14
02-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Jeff2269
I dont see any stickers on Gust's and jones's bikes, but it looks like they are running Walsh suspension??

Yeah all Walsh stuff. Walsh signed with suzuki for this season so he did all the stuff up for them.

Dice Wiley
02-05-2005, 11:15 AM
#1 K. ELLIS
#2 J. NATALIE
#3 J. LUBURGH
HOLESHOT: NATALIE
i think Tavis Cain will be right there too. aw th butterflies indeed--- even from an armchair racer:D see ya; my quad misses me, or i miss......

TC426EX
02-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Dice Wiley
#1 K. ELLIS
#2 J. NATALIE
#3 J. LUBURGH
HOLESHOT: NATALIE
i think Tavis Cain will be right there too. aw th butterflies indeed--- even from an armchair racer:D see ya; my quad misses me, or i miss......

I say its gonna be

1. Natalie
2. Ellis
3. Gust

I really think that Natalie is gonna have a stellar season this year and will threaten for the championship. Seeing that guy ride in person is just unbelievable!!!

HBracer
02-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Holeshot=Spader

Overall:

1. Natalie
2. Gust
3. Ellis

400grl
02-05-2005, 01:18 PM
I wasn't able to make it this year, and it's Killing me!!!! It was SO FUN last year!!! Right now there are races going on and I'm not there to see it.....:grr: :macho This is awesome to have a place to go to get a peek at it though, as it happens!!! Great Job everyone!!!! :)

400grl
02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't know.......you didn't see Natalie riding last weekend.....he was pretty much flawless......I'd say it's going to be a battle between Natalie and Ellis on this track........one I wish I was there to see in person!!!

atvmx14
02-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Corry that stinks.. Its worse for you then most of us cause your so much closer to glen helen... Maybe next year for me too...:(

brian350rx
02-05-2005, 02:11 PM
1.) Natalie
2.) Farr
3.) Gust

markk
02-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Thats cool Harlen, thanks for the coverage, Its pretty cool to see those guys out there just takin it easy!

WhiteBros400ex
02-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Nice coverage so far, i bet the pics from the race will be nice:macho

jones5790
02-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Don't count out Jones and Gust. They may suprise you.

Race results may look like this:
1.Jones
2.Gust
3.Ellis

Ralph
02-05-2005, 03:27 PM
I have alot of faith in farr. i think that his bike will be perfected alot more this season and he will take it to its limits...

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by jones5790

1.Jones
2.Gust
3.Ellis

hmm, can I ask who you are...? your screen name is Jones and your from bowling Green kentucky....

But, for the results Im thinking a close battle with Natalie, Gust, Jones, and Ellis....But Im gunna root for Luburgh all season!

MXRACER86
02-05-2005, 05:00 PM
When is the rest of the coverage be up???? I NEED INPUT!!!!!!

jones5790
02-05-2005, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by roostin_dale
hmm, can I ask who you are...? your screen name is Jones and your from bowling Green kentucky....

But, for the results Im thinking a close battle with Natalie, Gust, Jones, and Ellis....But Im gunna root for Luburgh all season! [
/QUOTE]

Just to satisfy your curiosity , I am Jeremiah Jones's older brother. I do some of the behind the scenes work with my dad at home. I used to race about eight years ago then started building drag cars instead of 4-wheelers. I still play around from time to time and try to make it to as many nationals as I can.

Ralph
02-05-2005, 06:23 PM
welcome to the site jones. nice to see ya here

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE]
Just to satisfy your curiosity , I am Jeremiah Jones's older brother. I do some of the behind the scenes work with my dad at home. I used to race about eight years ago then started building drag cars instead of 4-wheelers. I still play around from time to time and try to make it to as many nationals as I can.

lol, sorry i had to ask!...I knew if you were from bowling green and our name was jones you had to be either him or his relation!..nice to have ya on the site...

jones5790
02-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
lol, sorry i had to ask!...I knew if you were from bowling green and our name was jones you had to be either him or his relation!..nice to have ya on the site...

That's quite allright. My brothe-in-law told me about this site so I figured I would check it out. I think alot of people will be suprised to see how my little brother has progressed with his new team. Thanks for the warm welcomes.

MXRACER86
02-05-2005, 06:53 PM
I thought Harlen said that there would be more coverage saturday evening??? I NEED INPUT!!!!

Hawk III
02-05-2005, 06:53 PM
how is your bro feeling about the upcoming season? does he have everything dialed in?

HtFoxChick
02-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale

Way to go roostin_dale!!:blah:

Anyway, Welcome Mr. Jones:D

Dice Wiley
02-05-2005, 06:59 PM

1.Jones
2.Gust
3.Ellis Jones is FREAKIN FAST!!, but does he have his bike dialed in??????
I can't think of the track right now, but Jones had lap times only 3 seconds slower than Carmichael----on an outdoor track ----- where Carmichael lapped everybody back up to 5th place. Jones would have been in front of 2nd place(chad reed) on a quad! :macho now thats fast:devil:

jones5790
02-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Hawk III
how is your bro feeling about the upcoming season? does he have everything dialed in?

My brother has worked hard with team yosh to get a bike under him he was comfortable with. He has spent most of the past three months in California tweeking the bikes. I saw him about a week ago when he flew back home. He said he felt good and the bikes were really close to what he was looking for.

Dice Wiley
02-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by HBracer
Holeshot=Spader

Spader is racin for sure?!!? i was wondering about that....

jones5790
02-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Dice Wiley
Jones is FREAKIN FAST!!, but does he have his bike dialed in??????
I can't think of the track right now, but Jones had lap times only 3 seconds slower than Carmichael----on an outdoor track ----- where Carmichael lapped everybody back up to 5th place. Jones would have been in front of 2nd place(chad reed) on a quad! :macho now thats fast:devil:

I believe the track was South Wick last year. That was on a bike he wasn't really comfortable on. He had alot of problems with his bike because he tried to go faster than the bike wanted to.

TWISTED
02-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Mr. Jones How is your brother dealing with his team mate? Hope everyone is getting along.

jones5790
02-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Mr. Jones How is your brother dealing with his team mate? Hope everyone is getting along.

From what he has told me , everything has been going well. They have all worked as a team to develope a race-ready bike and professional race team.

TWISTED
02-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Glad to hear that. I'm big fans of both.

jones5790
02-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Way to go roostin_dale!!:blah:

Anyway, Welcome Mr. Jones:D

Thanks for the welcome!

Hawk III
02-05-2005, 07:32 PM
it's nice of you to take your time and answer our questions!! ok one last one for me....when does the new Z450 come out :D

jones5790
02-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Hawk III
it's nice of you to take your time and answer our questions!! ok one last one for me....when does the new Z450 come out :D

From what I've heard , it's supposed to be released this summer. I don't know the exact date of release.

Admin
02-05-2005, 07:54 PM
From what I've heard , it's supposed to be released this summer. I don't know the exact date of release.

sssshhhh!!!!!

Can't release too much info.

Sorry to say, that we are having laptop issues, so the photos are being delayed and hopefully Best Buy will be able to make everything work again.

In the mean time, I would to share some quick information instead of keeping everyone waiting.

Pro Qualifier #1

Travis Spader pulled the Holeshot, but Dustin Nelson was able to get around Travis and take the Win.

1. Dustin Nelson
2. Travis Spader
3. Josh Creamer
4. Joe Havisto

Pro Qualifier #2

1. Harold Goodman
2. Jason Dunkelberger
3. Pat Brown
4. Matt White

Pat Brown pulled the Holeshot and Jason Dunkelberger was able to pass Pat Brown the lead and in the last lap Harold Goodman was able to put his new Suzuki LTZ out front making the pass on Jason Dunkelberger. I talked with Jason after the race, and he was in good spirits and looking forward to the race tomorrow. He commented that it should be exciting because everyone is going really fast this year.

Jeremy Lawson wrecked in Qualifier Pro Am and lost his Carb in the LCQ, so he won't be racing tomorrow. Another big surprise was to found out that Chad Lohr didn't qualify either and he won the Championship last year.

I talked with Jeremiah Jones and asked him what his thoughts of this years track?

“The track seems Pretty cool this year with a new layout than last year, and it seems much faster. Glen Helen is a really cool place to race when the weather is nice, and today was perfect sunny day with temps in the 70’s.
Also, they are taken care of the track more this year and cutting parts of the track for some of the youth races, which is helping things move along quicker because the track is so long.”

Freestylemxr
02-05-2005, 07:58 PM
way to go josh! keep up the good work, show em what neatv-mx is all about ;)

02-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Josh Creamer will win the Pro class this year. You watch:cool:

Tuff4stroke
02-05-2005, 08:31 PM
NEATV-MX UPDATE

#270 Josh Creamer as you read was second outta the hole behind Spader(who got passed by Nelson) and got third!!

In the Pro-Am Production Class Josh pulled the holeshot and came in 4th!!!!!

#26 Vin Mofford came in 5th in the 16-24!

#19 Eldon Townes is doing a stand up job as Josh's mechanic...
"Great job Eldon, keep up the great work!!"

We trucked a guy from Gardner, MA(LaGrassa I believe) and he got a 5th and a 7th in his C classes!!

Good to see Joe Haavisto back on a quad... come on Joe do the Flyin' Finns proud!

We are so proud of everyone....

Dana Creech easily blew away everyone in the Pro-Am Unlimited on his Walsh CRF.... Dana you rock dude ..We Love Ya!!

NEXT UP>>>>>>S U N D A Y>>>>>>

Let's Rock n' Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Josh!!!!!HEEEHAAWWW!

Smiles,

Lynn & Phil Sheridan
S R P
Sheridan Race Products

Good Luck to our 2005 Pro Team:

Mike Walsh
Dana Creech
Josh Creamer

And all our awesome Amatuers!!
:D

02-05-2005, 08:51 PM
I know Josh is the king on holeshots, he even pulled the Holeshot on Creech!

z400ACDC
02-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the site! I will be moving in a couple of weeks to the new house in a couple of weeks. Stop by. Keep Aaron straight. Todd:)

QuadJunkies
02-05-2005, 09:16 PM
oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh... The SUSPENSE is KILLING me!!!!

Anyoneknow how Lance Hallworth done on his 450R? I belive he ran Pro. Also , Hiram Burgos who ran C class on his Z440.....

NTPracing22
02-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Josh is a crazy, crazy kid. Hes going to supprise a lot of people this year, his riding is evolving faster then anyones' out there, he's only raced for 2 or 3 years now and he's already qualifying for pro...that says something right there.

Can't forget about VInnie! I'm glad to see him out there having a good time and kickin some butt!

and eldon, we all know how much it's killing you to not be riding!

Show em' how we do it east coast style!

rollie
02-05-2005, 09:47 PM
wow....its soo sweet to have a a guy (creamer) from NEATV-MX is doing awsome!!!

GO CREAMER!!!!!!!!!!:macho :macho :macho :macho

02-05-2005, 09:50 PM
creamer love on the 270 luv machine!

450Racer
02-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Harlen i can't thank you enough for this awesome coverage!! i'll be getting the support package next week, i feel like a robber takin in all this info and giving nothing back. awesome job supporting our sport!

did i hear Goodman was on a LTZ? is Suzuki/Yoshi actually backing him or is he being different? he rode Yamaha last year, i'd like to know what's up with that. last year was when aftermarket companies got involved. look at this year, everyone has rigs and we have Jones, Gust, Lawson, Farr, and Ellis factory backed. last year we had 2, this year we have 5. next year, half the pro field will have rigs and a backup. in a few years this will evolve into a fully backed pro field. i'm so excited to see things progressing this fast! as fast as Gust is, i don't think he's going to be the dominating force again this year. i truly think everyone else is stepping it up. i'm not taking anything from Gust at all, he's the one that really got this sport moving, but the other top 10 pros are going to look FAST this year.

QuadRacer041
02-06-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
i don't dana is running in the Pro Class anymore??? i read he will be running Pro- am and Open Pro-am, and that is probably why he is using his crf450 bike??? i will see if i can find that info again...

i agree......why would he be practicing a bike far supriour to a stock chassis bike if he's not using it to race

QuadRacer041
02-06-2005, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Tuff4stroke
NEATV-MX UPDATE

#270 Josh Creamer as you read was second outta the hole behind Spader(who got passed by Nelson) and got third!!

In the Pro-Am Production Class Josh pulled the holeshot and came in 4th!!!!!

#26 Vin Mofford came in 5th in the 16-24!

#19 Eldon Townes is doing a stand up job as Josh's mechanic...
"Great job Eldon, keep up the great work!!"

We trucked a guy from Gardner, MA(LaGrassa I believe) and he got a 5th and a 7th in his C classes!!

Good to see Joe Haavisto back on a quad... come on Joe do the Flyin' Finns proud!

We are so proud of everyone....

Dana Creech easily blew away everyone in the Pro-Am Unlimited on his Walsh CRF.... Dana you rock dude ..We Love Ya!!

NEXT UP>>>>>>S U N D A Y>>>>>>

Let's Rock n' Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Josh!!!!!HEEEHAAWWW!

Smiles,

Lynn & Phil Sheridan
S R P
Sheridan Race Products

Good Luck to our 2005 Pro Team:

Mike Walsh
Dana Creech
Josh Creamer

And all our awesome Amatuers!!
:D

mike walsh isnt at the race right? i talked to him yesterday and he was at his shop.

Tuff4stroke
02-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Mike is playing "catch up" at the shop...it is a tough time with making the move to Florida...the end result willl be GREAT for Mike
and Walsh Race Craft!!!!!

I'm sure his heart is in Cali now... (along with his girl Amy doing her "Trackside" stuff for ATV Scene!) it's alot on his shoulders....making a HUGE move to streamline and expand WRC
having to sacrifice some racing and trying to satisfy some customers....everyone knows unless you are a "factory rider"...no work = no race...tough situation for 98% of our riders....... Don't worry Mike Walsh will be back soon! We luv ya Mike you rock!

Smiles

Lynn Sheridan
S R P
Sheridan Race Products

jones5790
02-06-2005, 08:37 AM
The information I shared about the release of the new 450 is not concrete. It's just what I've heard from a few people in the racing world. Alot of people already knew it was being released this year. My brother doesn't know for sure himself. Sorry about the confusion.

02-06-2005, 08:45 AM
The information I shared about the release of the new 450 is not concrete. It's just what I've heard from a few people in the racing world. Alot of people already knew it was being released this year. My brother doesn't know for sure himself. Sorry about the confusion.

Covering yor ***, i see how it is.:D Any word on your brother?

atvmx14
02-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Z450 and Kawasaki's 450 will be released june/july..:devil:

TheJaspMan
02-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Everyone keep checking back. I spoke to Harlen this morning and he is still getting reports and pictures in. We should start seeing pictures real soon!!

02-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know when the pro and pro-am mains are?

mountaineer
02-06-2005, 10:32 AM
the pro mains are 12:00p.m. and 3:00p.m.

TheJaspMan
02-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by mountaineer
the pro mains are 12:00p.m. and 3:00p.m.

PST, correct? 3:00pm abd 6:00pm EST.

atvmx14
02-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Damn when is ATV Moto-X going to be on tv live.... I wonder if I'll be alive when that happens..

02-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by atvmx14
Damn when is ATV Moto-X going to be on tv live.... I wonder if I'll be alive when that happens..
A few more years, Im guessing. 5 max.

Dice Wiley
02-06-2005, 11:28 AM
The information I shared about the release of the new 450 is not concrete. It's just what I've heard from a few people in the racing world. Alot of people already knew it was being released this year. My brother doesn't know for sure himself. Sorry about the confusion. a lot of quad mags(atv rider for sure) have had articles sayin a late july/early august release for the suzuki 450. no mention of clones for kawi and arctic cat tho.....

Dice Wiley
02-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Atkins450
A few more years, Im guessing. 5 max. with the "lumberjack olympics" on NBC a while back, i had a complete meltdown----- how does that CRAP make tv(not even cable) over quads?!?!?!? do people actually "lumberjack" for recreation? do Paul Bunyan posters out-number Doug Gusts'? AHHHHHH:mad: :scary: :cuss:

TheJaspMan
02-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I'll bet sooner than 5 years. I look for the first signs of ATV racing in the next two. It's getting a lot more coverage in local areas these days. And the AMA and ATVA see growth yearly in the quad realm.

One major problem with quad riders is lack of arrogence. It's just my opinion, but you just don't see a plot of prema-donna pro quad racers. I just can't say the same for bike riders. That keeps quads out of the lime light.

For just a single example I'll offer this. Last year Cdaleracer, our son and myself got pre-ride passes to a large bike freestyle competiton. We got autographes from all the riders. I swear it was a hassle for them to sign something for our three year old. Just straight up pricks, all but one or two. Very sad. I have seen that on the local circut as well.

On the other had, nearly everyone we have delt with in the quad realm has been nothing short of fantastic! Natalie, Rieser, Gust, Jones, Farr, Hart, Moore, Earlywines, Ballance, Yokely and the list goes on and on. We have pictures with nearly all of them and they have almost all signed something for our son at one time or another. Smiling the while time.

With that said I point the subject to John Natalie. Here is a guy who can ride. He can smile. And even more important to the sport, he can handle public speaking. He is excited about the sport. And can convey that feeling. He is also very articulate and can be comfortable in front of crowds. That is going to help take the sport to the next level.

quadgirlie
02-06-2005, 12:26 PM
I just want to say wow. I am absolutly loving the race coverage. I just want to pass on my thanks and kudos.

Cdaleracer
02-06-2005, 12:32 PM
OHHH 30 minutes and counting!!!!

atvmx14
02-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I wish there was like a live video fead that we could all log in to and watch the race..

Cdaleracer
02-06-2005, 12:58 PM
same here!!!

02-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Everybody watch as Josh Creamer wins and shocks everyone.:o

carrie416ex
02-06-2005, 01:25 PM
This s*cks!!!
I wanna be there to see it. LOL!!!

Tuff4stroke
02-06-2005, 01:48 PM
ITS pouring!

YAZ43
02-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Is their any site where we can get up to the minute updates?:eek2:

Cdaleracer
02-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by YAZ43
Is their any site where we can get up to the minute updates?:eek2:

Great question. I'm working on getting some info right now!

atvmx14
02-06-2005, 02:15 PM
That sucks its raining... I just checked the weather and it shouldn't hang around there too long..

Cdaleracer
02-06-2005, 02:22 PM
First results are in:

Farr
Gust
Jones

Angela Moore Womans and Open A overall winner.

YAZ43
02-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Cdaleracer
First results are in:

Farr
Gust
Jones

Angela Moore Womans and Open A overall winner.

THANK YOU so much!! Where did you get the info??:)

Cdaleracer
02-06-2005, 02:35 PM
if I tell you I'll have to kill you!! J/K.

Admin
02-06-2005, 02:40 PM
The sunny conditions of yesterday are just a memory with the rain moving in today for the start of the 1st Moto which turned the loose sand/dirt into a muddy mess.

Tim Farr lead from start to finish with Doug Gust holding onto 2nd Place. Jeremiah Jones was battling with John Natalie Jr early in the race, but after they came out of the back section, John Natalie Jr was no where to be seen and ended up coming through almost back to last place, but he stayed on the gas to salvage a 9th place finish.

Harold Goodman then began to challenge Jones for the third spot early in the race, but Jeremiah was able to pull away from "The Bee." as the race continued. Also, Keith Little and Dustin Nelson swapped position back and forth through out the race with Dustin Nelson coming out on top with the 6th Place finish.

Kory Ellis didn't look like himself out there and it is rumored that he injuried his ankle during practice, but we will get more details on his condition as they come available.

Also, Jason Luburgh must have been experiencing mechanic problems because he just rode around the track and Tavis Cain pulled off the track early.

Many riders were forced to finish the moto without goggles because of the sloppy conditions.

It is starting to clear up and only drizzling at the moment, so hopefully the rain will end before the start of the 2nd Moto.

1. Tim Farr
2. Doug Gust
3. Jeremiah Jones
4. Harold Goodman
5. Joe Byrd
6. Dustin Nelson
7. Keith Little
8. Dustin Wimmer
9. John Natalie Jr
10. Travis Spader
11. Jason Dunkelberger
12. Pat Brown
13. Matt White
14. Kory Ellis
15. Joe Havisto
16. Donald Lysinger
17. Givani Colon
18. Josh Creamer
19. Jason Luburgh
20. Tavis Cain (DNF)

fasterz
02-06-2005, 02:44 PM
gotta give props to timmy for bringing honda his first win on the honda team but, who cares when suzuki placed 2nd and 3rd and another z400(goodman) got 4th, way to go z400!

GO SUZUKI 1 2 FINISH IN THE SECOND MOTO I CALL IT:blah:

ahh damn im freakin pumped for this season!

TheJaspMan
02-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I hear that! Way to go Suzuki. I am officially impressed.

Wish John would have had a better showing though. :confused:

Admin
02-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Just talked with Jermiah Jones about the race.

Jermiah I saw you finished third, so how was the race?

"I passed Harold Goodman early in the race and then I started to catch up with Doug, and I lost my googles and couldn't do much more after that because of the roost. I moved in on Doug, but I had to back off and stay away to avoid being roosted."

TheJaspMan
02-06-2005, 03:05 PM
How in the h*ll did he loose his googles?!?!? :eek2: That would suck!

MXRACER86
02-06-2005, 03:21 PM
When are we gonna get the results for the second moto????

TWISTED
02-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm pulling for Doug, but I'm glad to see Farr redeem himself from last years finish, BUT we still have another moto to go. GO DIGGER!!!

quadchick3
02-06-2005, 03:39 PM
2nd moto wont happen until 6:00 our time... 3 hour time difference.

Best of luck to Jason for the 2nd moto.

roostin_dale
02-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by quadchick3
Best of luck to Jason for the 2nd moto.

right on! lets go jason!

USAMoto00
02-06-2005, 04:16 PM
I'm pulling for Farr, Luburgh, and Natalie!:macho Tim deserves a BIG win and the confidence boost!

xtremekv
02-06-2005, 04:23 PM
c'mon moto man you have to pull for Spader too!! your killin me Brian

USAMoto00
02-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Sorry Kev, I don't know much about Spader. But I have to pull for the other fellas anyways, they have all helped me out. Especially Farr, he is super nice and deserves a big ole victory lap.:cool:

Admin
02-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Moto #2 is about to begin in less than 10 minutes, and Doug Gust and Jeremiah Jones have just taken on the line for the parade lap to check out the track with the rest of the Pros to follow.

The rain has stopped and hopefully will hold off till the end of the 2nd Moto, but the temps have really dropped and it feels like it is in the 40's to 50's.

Once the gate Drops for the 2nd Moto, ATVriders.com will be bringing you updates through out the Moto.

Sorry for the delay with Moto #1, but I will try to make up for it with Moto 2.

Admin
02-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Tim Farr pulled the Holeshot again, and is leading after one lap with Kory Ellis in 2nd Place holding off Doug Gust in third.

The track is a muddy mess, and the riders are already starting to get completely covered in mud, which is making it difficult to recognize the different riders.

Admin
02-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Several laps into the race, Tim Farr continues to lead and Ellis is running close behind with Jones and Gust in chase and are within a few quads lengths of each other.

Also, Travis Spader is up to 6th and pressuring Keith Little in 5th

John Natalie Jr is running in 7th with Joe Byrd in 8th and are way back behind the leaders because the top 4 have pulled away from everyone.

Admin
02-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Tim Farr has started to pull away and is about 4-5 Seconds ahead of Gust with Jones close behind Gust. Kory Ellis has dropped back to 4th Place and loosing time and Keith Little is out of the race pushing his quad off the track.

John Natalie Jr and Joe Byrd are tire to tire, and is currently the tighest pair on the track.

1.Tim Farr
2. Doug Gust
3. Jermiah Jones
4. Kory Ellis
5. Travis Spader
6. John Natalie Jr
7. Joe Byrd
8. Tavis Cain
9 Jason Dunkelberger
10 Dustin Nelson
11 Matt White
12 Joe Havisto

Admin
02-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Tim Farr just took the win and the Overall

Moto 2 Results (Results are being Protested at this point)
1.Tim Farr
2. Doug Gust
3. Jermiah Jones
4. Kory Ellis
5. Travis Spader
6. John Natalie Jr
7. Joe Byrd
8. Tavis Cain
9. Dustin Nelson
10. Matt White
11. Joe Havisto
12. Pat Brown
13. Giovanni Colon
14. Dustin Wimmer
15. Jason Luburgh
16. Donald Lysinger
17. Josh Creamer
18. Keith Little
19. Jason Dunkelberger
20. Harold Goodman (DNF)

Jason Luburgh once again looks to have experienced problems because he was a lap down, but updates will be posted as soon as we know the official results

Special Thanks for ATV Insider Magazine Editor David Schloss for his assistance with keeping the site updated lap by lap.

memphisgclick
02-06-2005, 05:10 PM
way to go tim!!! thanks for the coverage guys

Raptorchick
02-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks Harlen and David!!

USAMoto00
02-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Awesome coverage guys! Thank you so much. No one could deserve it more than Tim! Awesome ride bro, EASTside! lol I wish Luburgh would have had some better luck too, cause that kid is smooth. What happened to Natalie or was it just really wet and hard to make any ground? Way to start off the new year Tim!:macho

fasterz
02-06-2005, 05:20 PM
way to go suzuki, taken 2 spots on the podium on "outdated" machines showin whats up, i was hopeing for the win but 2 podiom positions is awsome, and way to go timmy sounds like he rode flawless

Admin
02-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I am ofcourse excited to See to both Gust & Jones on the Podium, but I am really happy to see Tim Farr take a win after coming so close several times last season.

Tim and Mark Baldwin have been working hard all winter and it showed with back to back moto wins.

USAMoto00
02-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Tim has been training really hard since the end of last season. It looks like it's now paying off for him. I really hope he can come home with the big title this year. I'll bet Baldwin was freaking out all 2nd moto. lol:D

TWISTED
02-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm glad Tim pulled it off. He certainly deserved it. Congrats to Mark also. Way to go Team Suzuki!!! Good to see the UNDERDOGS dominate the podium!!!

xtremekv
02-06-2005, 05:53 PM
There ya go USA MOTO MAN! I'm really happy for Tim too.Your right he is a super cool dude that has been working his butt off and I know he's helped you and your littecentlyle woman out alot recently. You know Natalie just isnt feelin it on the Honda like he was on the YFZ. JB team(Jake Ballsinger, Darren Capatina,and Brandon Tyler all did well yesterday...all finished 2nd in thier qualifiers. Will talk to em in a few about final results and let you know. Really want to hear about how the track conditions were.

MXRACER86
02-06-2005, 05:54 PM
One more little question! WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!:D

Admin
02-06-2005, 05:55 PM
The Results are currently under Protest, but the Overall Results as of Now.

Pro updates:

Harold Goodman was running good early, but he ended up seizing his engine

John Natalie Jr was having difficulty with his throttle sticking from the mud.

Pro Overall Results
1. Tim Farr
2. Doug Gust
3. Jermiah Jones
4. Joe Byrd
5. Travis Spader
6. John Natalie jr
7. Dustin Nelson
8. Kory Ellis
9. Dustin Wimmer
10 Matt White
11. Pat Brown
12. Harold Goodman
13. Keith Little
14. Joe Havisto
15. Tavis Cain
16. Giovanni Colon
17. Jason Dunkelberger
18. Donald Lysinger
19. Jason Luburgh
20. Josh Creamer

Admin
02-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Pro Am Production Top 5 Overall
1. Sage Baker
2. John Ragon
3. Darrell Patton
4. Rocco Arno Jr
5. Bobby Ross

Pro Am Unlimited Top 5 Overall

1. John Ragon
2. Bobby Ross
3. Sage Baker
4. Mark Kendall
5. Aaron Resig

Dana Creech DNF in 2nd Moto after win in 1st Moto.

Women's A Class
Angela Moore grabbed the Holeshot and lead from start to finish with Heather Byrd 2nd and Michelle Reiser 3rd.

The real battle was between Traci Cecco and Alex Krichner for the 4th spot, and Alex was able to make the pass on Traci and take 4th Overall in the last lap. Great Effort Trace.

Women's A Class Top 6 Overall
1. Angela Moore
2. Heather Byrd
3. Michelle Reiser
4. Alex Krichner
5. Traci Cecco
6. Jamie Rentz

fasterz
02-06-2005, 06:10 PM
what is being protested?

Admin
02-06-2005, 06:36 PM
The Official word from the track is that Doug Gust has submitted a formal Protest against Tim Farr for possible Engine Displacement exceeding the legal limit.

Tim Farr machine is being cleaned, and they will be tearing down the engine to verify if it is within the legal cc limit.

The results of the teardown won't be available for atleast another hour, but I will keep you posted.

Almost everyone has left the track including the Pros, and the winning checks are going to be mailed to the riders.

quadchick3
02-06-2005, 06:58 PM
harlen, any chance you could get the full results of the womens b/c class??? :D :D please?

MXBlaster23
02-06-2005, 07:07 PM
And the full results of the Pro am Classes? :D

roostin_dale
02-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by quadchick3
harlen, any chance you could get the full results of the womens b/c class??? :D :D please?

also, i dont want to be a pest, but did any of the youth production racers travel to Cali? Im assuming they didnt?

Thanks for the great coverage harlen, ive been glued to the computer...

copedaddy
02-06-2005, 07:24 PM
TIM FARR GOES 1-1 TO TAKE THE OVER ALL AT GLEN HELEN!!!!!

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Tom Carlson did the tear down on Tim Farr's machine and his machine tested out legal at 449cc, so the protest is over and the results will remain unchanged.

hsr
02-06-2005, 07:45 PM
I bet Gust feels like an *** now

fasterz
02-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by hsr

they did it to him last year so hes just throwin it back to them

Bush0102
02-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by hsr
I bet Gust feels like an *** now \

maybe he's scared about honda having their act together this year...byrd and farr are going to have really big seasons this year...I really like Doug Gust, he's a great guy, but it's nice to see someone else out front every now and then...

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by hsr

I disagree 100%

There is so much on the line at each race, especially with the factory involvement, so I can't blame him for protesting. Also, Tim never preformed this well last year, so it could make anyone wonder why he was able to grab the holeshot both motos.

The protest just proved that Tim and Baldwin will be a big threat this season especially if it is muddy.

My biggest question is what tires were they running in the mud because this might have made the biggest difference?

coryatver
02-06-2005, 08:08 PM
If he was smoking them by 5 seconds I would want it checked out too! Those guys are usually neck and neck. I guess Suzuki has to go back and look for some more horsepower!:D That is really horrible about john Nattlie. I thought he would be right up there.

Z400central
02-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Just got back. Man, what a MESS!!!!! Spent a lot of time with Natalie and man, did he have words to say after the race!

First Moto:

http://yfzcentral.com/uploads/./userfiles/z400central/natalie.jpg

Second Moto: (Notice how much muddier it is!)
http://yfzcentral.com/uploads/./userfiles/z400central/natalie2.jpg

http://yfzcentral.com/uploads/./userfiles/z400central/natalie3.jpg

Z400central
02-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Natalie's throttle was sticking in the 2nd moto. He also lost his back brake which cost him a lot of positions while going down the hills. :(

Here's Natalie looking his rear brake over.

http://yfzcentral.com/uploads/./userfiles/z400central/natalie4.jpg

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Brief Interview with Mark Baldwin:

What are your thoughts on the Protest?

"They were just curious because we pulled two very convincing Holeshots because we had our Honda very well tuned. The protest was just fair play, and there are no hard feelings because that is racing."

What tires did you use for the race?

"We used ITP MXR tires for the race with the 18" rears"

Was the track really muddy?

"The track really wasn't that muddy accept for the fresh sections of track only run by the Pros."

Thanks for your time Mark Baldwin and Congratulations

Pappy
02-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Looks like Mark found some ponies!

Congrats to Mark and Tim!!

Z400central
02-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Some more pictures!

http://yfzcentral.com/uploads/./userfiles/z400central/Farr.jpg

http://yfzcentral.com/uploads/./userfiles/z400central/natalie6.jpg

http://yfzcentral.com/uploads/./userfiles/z400central/natalie5.jpg

MXBlaster23
02-06-2005, 09:26 PM
That picture of Farr is Awsome! What kind of camera and lens were you using?

Z400central
02-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Canon Digital Rebel with a 28-135mm IS lens. Good combo!

MXBlaster23
02-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Ya I have the Digital Rebel witha 70-200 F4 lens and it has taken some awsome pictures. Were you shooting in sports mode? You have a website with all your photos on it? I'd like to see more.

Z400central
02-06-2005, 09:37 PM
I took them in Tv mood. Depending on what part of the track I was on, It was around 1/320th or 1/200th.

The 70-200 F4 is an awesome lens! Good choice! ;)

And nope, no site for my pictures....Sorry

PS: I NEVER use sports mode. The AI focusing is horrible! Just pre-focus the area where you know the rider will be and "follow" the rider.

Jeff2269
02-06-2005, 10:38 PM
I was looking at Tims bike today and the one that he rode today had all Walsh supension on it. He had another bike that was all laeger too. Is he going to be switching back and forth? I wonder if hes just testing the two??

OutlawEX
02-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Z400central
I took them in Tv mood. Depending on what part of the track I was on, It was around 1/320th or 1/200th.

The 70-200 F4 is an awesome lens! Good choice! ;)

And nope, no site for my pictures....Sorry

PS: I NEVER use sports mode. The AI focusing is horrible! Just pre-focus the area where you know the rider will be and "follow" the rider.

Hmm. I thought he ran some JB racing too:ermm:

Fred55
02-06-2005, 10:59 PM
His swingarm was a JB

QuadRacer041
02-07-2005, 03:58 AM
I was looking at Tims bike today and the one that he rode today had all Walsh supension on it. He had another bike that was all laeger too. Is he going to be switching back and forth? I wonder if hes just testing the two??

nice, i bet thats why he won.................:devil:

protraxrptr17
02-07-2005, 05:25 AM
Does anybody know what kind of shocks John Natalie is running? I heard somebody say something about those Fox Floats. That's what they look like, but look closely at the first picture. It looks like they have another reservior on the bottom. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. I didn't think air shocks would work for MX. Seems like the air would heat up too much. I wish somebody had a close up of those.

atvmx14
02-07-2005, 07:32 AM

Yeah Tim did get the walsh front end to try out this season. I red about that in the atv insider news letter.

atvmx14
02-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
Does anybody know what kind of shocks John Natalie is running? I heard somebody say something about those Fox Floats. That's what they look like, but look closely at the first picture. It looks like they have another reservior on the bottom. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. I didn't think air shocks would work for MX. Seems like the air would heat up too much. I wish somebody had a close up of those.

Yeah they are fox shocks kinda weird but new design with a lower chamber and an upper chamber all for different adjusments. Natalie has been saying that there the best shocks he's ever run..

chapmanmd
02-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know where I could find results from the mini races at Glen Helen?

Thanks!!!

protraxrptr17
02-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Yeah they are fox shocks kinda weird but new design with a lower chamber and an upper chamber all for different adjusments. Natalie has been saying that there the best shocks he's ever run..

Maybe he's onto something. Is ATV sport covering the nationals agian this year? I want to see some video of those shocks in action. I like to see new ideas that work.

Z400central
02-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Picture of Natalies Shocks

http://yfzcentral.com/uploads/./userfiles/z400central/foxshocks.jpg

Dice Wiley
02-07-2005, 01:28 PM
i wonder what kind of coin it would take to get those.?r they prototypes? ATVRiders.com product test....AHEM....:D

atvmx14
02-07-2005, 03:08 PM
When i spoke with the fox shock rep on the phone he said late april they will be available..

02-07-2005, 03:33 PM
The shocks are advertised in dirtwheels. Fox' rear shock is a standard dual rate spring with remote rezzie.

protraxrptr17
02-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I just saw that awhile ago. I let my subscription run out last month. I was reading it in the grocery store while waiting on my wife.:( Still can't see how air shocks would work with all that heat, but I guess he knows what he's doing. Then again, he has full sponsorship, you know how that goes. Is he a member here? Wish he would get on here and tell us about it.

coryatver
02-07-2005, 05:32 PM
yeah he is a member. I think they must work fine. They come stock on some snowmobiles now.

protraxrptr17
02-07-2005, 06:29 PM
He's online now! Hope he reads this thread. I'm dying to hear about this. I would love to have easily adjustable spring rates that are also free and infintitely adjustable.

atvmx14
02-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
He's online now! Hope he reads this thread. I'm dying to hear about this. I would love to have easily adjustable spring rates that are also free and infintitely adjustable.

He was also logged on yesterday when he was supposed to be racin.. I think someone else might use his sign in name..

protraxrptr17
02-07-2005, 08:06 PM
I sent him a PM. He probably gets hundreds, but maybe he'll give us the 411.

coryatver
02-07-2005, 09:42 PM
There are picutres up at ********.com:D

quadrcr161
02-09-2005, 09:04 AM
did they test the sound limit on the pro class? how did it go? anyone fail?

memphisgclick
02-09-2005, 02:02 PM
i saw dustin wimmer run a TC pipe so if they ran the test...obviously the pipe must have passed