PDA

View Full Version : Port and Polish

Jailor EX
02-06-2005, 12:46 AM
I am thinking about having my 400 EX ported and polished. I don't really understand the whole bennefit of this. Can anyone fill me in? A buddy told me it would make my bike run a lot cooler plus give me more power. I currently run a K&N , Pro Circuit T4 full system , Alba rev box. Just looking for more usefull info I'm not much of a mechanic. I primarily ride in the dunes in Oregon . Is it worth 200 bones?

cals400ex
02-06-2005, 01:14 AM
with your mods, spend the money elsewhere. you won't get much of a gain. get a cam and piston first. also, for 200 the port job must be nothing great. i don't think i would spend much less than $400 on a port and polish job, unless it was just clean up work done.

85atc350x
02-06-2005, 06:33 AM
I have to agree with cal. With basically a stock engine, a porting and polish job will offer you a very minimal gain. Go with a piston and cam kit and jet it up.

joshyz125
02-06-2005, 07:20 PM
You ccan do it yourself. Just do a little research on it, and go for it.
that way you get it done, and save the money. Just work on it a little after work everynight.

Something you can do to help it flow Much better without doing alot, Match your intake boot, to your head, and make sure the change from the boot to your head is even, with no lip.