PDA

View Full Version : Pc a paintball gun?

250xridamatt
02-05-2005, 04:25 PM
My paintball gun is getting all chipped up. I was wondering if i could get that powdercoated. It's fairly easy to take apart and dissasemble and i even have a sand blaster so it wouldn't take you much time.

It looks like this go here (http://www.tippmann.com/markers/98c.asp)

How much would it cost me to get it done. I would want to get it done in some kind of camo type color. I use it mostly in the woods.

Pappy
02-06-2005, 07:36 AM
ive never done one but id be willing to try it.

i geuss $35 would cover it and return shipping

250xridamatt
02-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Do you have any ideas of colors for it? I'm open to any suggestions. I would just like to do something that would be good in the woods, since im going to be in all camoflauge.

Pappy
02-06-2005, 09:50 AM
id say a matt black or the mini texture black would be ok

Woodsrider
02-09-2005, 08:55 PM
If I may chime in here. Pappy wouldnt the mini-tex trap dirt like the regular texture red and black do? I have never used it, but I would think that it would hold dirt. I did a paint ball gun for my neighbor in matt black and chrome smoke with a satin clear top coat. It looked pretty trick. I wish I would have get a pic of it:ermm:

Pappy, what about doing it in the KG coatings milspec greens for him? Just a thought, sorry for butting in.

Pappy
02-09-2005, 09:15 PM
i agree 100%, and would prefer to moly it.

i havent used the tex powders alot, i said in the begining it would trap dirt and was told i didnt know what i was talkin about:p i just do what makes people happy, that way i can sleep at night:p

Woodsrider
02-09-2005, 09:21 PM
One of the first things I coated for money was a supercharger housing for a sandrail, The owner wanted it done in black wrinkle, he thought it was pretty cool until the first time he got into a mud hole and slung mud all over it and couldnt get it clean. LOL now he wished the finish would fail so I would redo it for free:rolleyes:

250xridamatt
02-10-2005, 05:05 AM
I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. But what would it cost to get it done so it doesnt hold dirt? I'll let you know if i decide to do it.

Pappy
02-10-2005, 06:29 PM
the cost is the same no matter what you decide to coat it in.