PDA

View Full Version : ignition problems help!!!!!!!

400rider01
02-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Ok i put the 03 crf ignition in my 450r it ran for about a minute then quit now i dont have spark. I took it to the honda shop and they said that the coil and stator tested fine and that they think the rev box went out. But what would cause it to quit all at once and if i get a new will it break that one too? I need help anything would be a help thanks

flees41
02-05-2005, 08:41 PM
I may have had the same problem.. I had the crf eletrics on my quad it quit a few times at idle. No spark let it sit awhile and it would start bak up?? I beleive its the rev box. I switched back to trx ignition. the bike eletrics are pretty simple. My rev box was 3 weeks old with very liitle time on it.

400rider01
02-06-2005, 07:10 AM
did you try a different rev box?

jsp450r
02-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 400rider01
Ok i put the 03 crf ignition in my 450r it ran for about a minute then quit now i dont have spark. I took it to the honda shop and they said that the coil and stator tested fine and that they think the rev box went out. But what would cause it to quit all at once and if i get a new will it break that one too? I need help anything would be a help thanks
was your crf ignition modified for your trx? In other words your stator rewired & flywheel cut. Just curious i just my got my crf ignition back from baldwin he modified it to work. I dont want that problem!!

400rider01
02-09-2005, 04:42 AM
yeah it was. I had it test and it tested out fine and the coil also tested fine. So now I am at square one again i still dont have spark. I tried a different rev box and everything. Some said something maybe about taking the powdercoat off the back of the motor mounts because it might be a bad ground so i will try that.

joe1l
02-09-2005, 01:31 PM
yeah it was. I had it test and it tested out fine and the coil also tested fine. So now I am at square one again i still dont have spark. I tried a different rev box and everything. Some said something maybe about taking the powdercoat off the back of the motor mounts because it might be a bad ground so i will try that.

Yep, that would make your ground be ineffective. Sand it down to the metal and try again.