PDA

View Full Version : airbox question?

sam the brave
02-05-2005, 01:20 PM
can i remove the white tube the goes from the gas tank to the airbox?
will it do anything at all it i remove

TC426EX
02-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I took mine off...

Thats the snorkel. Its how air gets into the airbox if you have the stock lid on. Since I run no airbox lid (just an outerwear cover, and one of their filter covers), I took mine off. Outerwears also sells an outerwear that fits over the hole in the front of the airbox where the snorkel comes out, and I run that too... I still keep it around, and if conditions are extra sloppy Ill throw it back on, but I think having it off eliminates some of the clutter under the seat and looks cleaner, and also gives better access to the carb...

sam the brave
02-05-2005, 01:48 PM
well mine cracked when i flipped so i am gonna remove it

TC426EX
02-05-2005, 01:59 PM
you cant just remove it if youre running the stock airbox lid... Also, if you remove it, you gotta get one of those outerwears for the hole or plug it up somehow otherwise youll be sucking in alot of debris, especially so close to your rear tires....

bpimpdaddy21
02-06-2005, 06:40 AM
My recommendation is to take off the snorkel, and Nac's sells an aluminum cover for the hole left by the snorkel. I bought an airbox cover from EHS racing, one of the best mods I did, and the snorkle was serving no purpose to me, as even if I get into deep water it never really gets into my airbox. Anyway, you can also put the top off of a paint can in the hole, I guess that fits pretty well. It definately cleans it up under the seat.

sam the brave
02-06-2005, 03:39 PM
could i run wiht it unpluged for a while or whoud it be bad

enduro400rider
02-06-2005, 06:38 PM
i ran mine with no snorkel all summer and it didnt hurt it yours will be fine as long as you dont get in the water to deep ware it would be sucked in if you are not runing an air box lid cover the hole with a peice of duct tape but only if you don t have a lid or else you wont have any air flow

JOEX
02-07-2005, 08:10 PM
A lid from a spray paint fits in there quite well;)