PDA

View Full Version : Will my Axle work???

QuadJunkies
02-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Im running +3 aarms, BUT.. Went with an 11 inch tire, Can I get away with not running a WIDER Axle for MX with this set up??? It doent look too bad.... :)

Pappy
02-05-2005, 12:24 PM
it wont cause any troubles as long as its close to being the same width as the front end. with the wider tires and maybe a wider outward offset you could run it with no problems

QuadJunkies
02-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
it wont cause any troubles as long as its close to being the same width as the front end. with the wider tires and maybe a wider outward offset you could run it with no problems Thats what I was hoping you would say.... Ill give it a try.. thanks ;) Now.... Whats the draw back if any, for running and 11 inch tire??? They work GREAT for traction on the FT but never ran them on an MX yet....

Pappy
02-05-2005, 12:40 PM
its a toss up, alot of riders report better traction and better cornering with the 11 inch tire, i run the 9.5 and have never really noticed a difference

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 01:04 PM
You'll be fine with the stock rear axle...but you'd enjoy a wider one more...lol.

I think an 11 inch tire is the best for MX...Better cornering, traction and I personally think better ballance....

QuadJunkies
02-05-2005, 01:27 PM
So why is it then that more peeps dont go with that kind of a tire setup??:confused: And isnt a Stock Axle more durable than aftermarket ones?? Maybe Im wrong but seems like I may have a good set up Ill have to take a pic and show you all what my set up looks like with rear compared to front and you all can be the judge if its correct or at least close...:)
If I cant squeeze buy w/o one fort he time bign that would be nice as I have some upgrades I need to make on my 440 kit ... :ermm:

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 02:28 PM
I guess the tire setup is all your peronal Opinion...

And some people say the stock axle is stronger because its shorter and not putting as much stress on it, but i dont really believe that...