PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 reasons to believe in Christianity. Replies welcomed.

kittykate1984
02-05-2005, 11:00 AM
***You should copy and paste or print this page for later use in case it gets deleted or something.

Top 10 reasons to believe in Christianity. Replies welcomed.

1. The Credibility of Its Founder: Peter spoke for Jesus' closest followers when he said, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that You are the Holy One of God." (John 6:68-69)

2. Reliability of It's Book: The integrity of this historical and geographical record is supported by archeology. The Bible continues to speak not only with spiritual power but with convincing prophetic accuracy.

3. Explanations for Life: It is the Christian faith that reflects a caring attention to detail so evident in the species and ecosystems of the natural world. It is Christ who clothed himself in our humanity to feel what we feel and then to suffer and die in our place.

4. It's Continuity with the Past: The Christian faith offers continuity with our deepest ancestral roots. Those who trust Christ are accepting the same Creator and Lord worshiped by Adam, Abraham, and Solomon.

5. It's Foundational Claim: The first Christians were witnesses. They risked their lives to tell the World that with their own eyes they had seen an innocent man die and then miraculously walk among them 3 days later.

6. It's Power to Change Lives: Not only were the first disciples dramatically changed but so were its worst enemies. Paul was transformed from a killer of Christians into one of their chief advocates. (Galatians 1:11-24)

7. It's Analysis of Human Nature: The Bible says that society's real problems are problems of the heart. In an age of information and technology, failures of character have scandalized institutions of the family, religion, and the arts.

8. It's View of Human Achievement: Generation after generation has hoped for the best. We have conceived technologies that will deliver us from the oppressive slavery of work. Yet we are as close as ever to what the New Testament describes as the end times. (Matthew 24:5-31)

9. Its Impact on Society: From roof tops to necklaces to earrings, we see the sign of the cross bearing visible witness to Christ's death. Social relief agencies have been fueled by the direct or residual values of The Bible.

10. It's Offer of Salvation: No other faith offers everlasting life as a gift to those who trust the one who has overcome death for them. No other system offers assurance of forgiveness and adoption into the family of God.

The gift of God is eternal life in Heaven. He gives the gift of salvation freely to all who ask, no matter how late in their lives nor how sinful they have been.

God says that all who accept the sacrifice of His sinless Son Jesus Christ as payment for their sins will spend eternity in Heaven, a place where there is no more death, sorrow, sickness and pain.

This passage in the Bible says, "For ALL HAVE SINNED, and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

Let's see if you have ever "sinned." We will do so by looking briefly at the Ten Commandments. Have you ever told a lie? If you have, then you are a liar. Have you ever stolen something (value is irrelevant)? Then you are a thief. Jesus said if you look with lust, you have committed adultery in your heart. If you hate, then you have committed murder in your heart. Have you loved God above all else? Have you made a 'god' to suit yourself (having your own beliefs about God)? Have you used God's name to curse, kept the Sabbath holy, honored your parents, or been greedy? Judge yourself--have you broken the Ten Commandments? Knowing that God has seen your thought-life, and every deed done in darkness, will you be innocent or guilty on Judgment Day? You know you will be guilty. So, will you end up in heaven or hell? Don't look to God's "goodness" to save you from hell. If God is good, He will punish murderers, rapists, thieves and liars. He is so righteous, He will punish all sin.

The only thing you can do to be saved from His wrath, is to repent and put your faith in the Savior, Jesus Christ. When He died on the Cross, He took the punishment for our sins. He stepped into the Courtroom and paid the fine for us. Then He rose from the dead, defeating death.

The Bible also says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5 : 8 )

This passage explains how to be saved, "For if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

You can be saved right now and on your way to Heaven if you will open your heart to Jesus and pray the sinner's prayer out loud.

Sinner's Prayer

(Say out loud) "Jesus, I need You. I agree with You that I am a sinner. I believe You love me and want to save me. I believe that You bled and died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins. I believe God raised You from the dead. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life."

If you prayed the prayer and meant it, God heard you and has come into you. He has saved you and has given you a new life, because you've been born again and your name is written in the lamb's book of life. You are now a born again believer and a Christian son or daughter of God and you will spend eternity in heaven. Welcome to the family of God.

Salvation is not a reward but a gift. The Bible says it this way, "For it is by GRACE you have been SAVED, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the GIFT of God." (Ephesians 2 : 8 )

Jesus said, " ... and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37)

Nothing in this world is more important than the redemption that only Jesus can give.

The Bible says, "In Him(Jesus) we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins..." (Ephesians 1:7)

If you haven't decided yet, please make the only wise decision and walk through this door of forgiveness before it's eternally too late. We don't know exactly when we will die, this is why it is so important to get saved today because you may die prematurely in a traffic accident, terrorist attack or something else before you get another chance.

The Bible speaks of two places that we will spend eternity, either Heaven or Hell (a place of eternal torment). Wouldn't it be great to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that no matter what happens from this day forward you are Heaven bound? Oh friend, it would be terrible to die and go to Hell when all you have to do is accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour.

How To Find A Good Church

Church attendance isn't mandatory for Christians to be saved because Jesus has already given us salvation. Christians should attend church so they can worship God, fellowship with other Christians and learn more about Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible. Answering the questions below with a yes will help you find a good church to attend. Answering no to a question will help you to avoid joining a cult or a false Christian group.

1. Does someone read from the Holy Bible during each service?
2. Do they teach that Jesus Christ is God and came to earth 2000 years ago?
3. Do they teach that Jesus Christ actually died and came back to life three days later?
4. Do they teach that accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is the only way to Heaven?
5. Do you get a chance to praise and worship God?
6. Are they actively involved in helping people get saved?

Church Locator: http://kedesh.christianitytoday.com/churchlocator/index.taf

http://counter.digits.com/wc/pic.jpg

Here are some free online Christian videos.
http://tbn.org/index.php/8/1.html
http://media.christiananswers.net
http://myfaith.com/Listen-watch.htm

Here are some Christian websites for you.
http://www.christjesus.us
http://www.biblehelp.org
http://www.tbn.org
http://www.ifcj.org
http://www.iiw.org
http://www.lwf.org
http://www.jhm.org
http://www.carm.org
http://www.biblegateway.com
http://www.blueletterbible.com

MOFO
02-05-2005, 11:20 AM
SPAM! :mad:

bad enough these people go door to door... now its website to website.

02-05-2005, 11:32 AM
IP ban her. She keeps making new names.

YFZ450Ridr
02-05-2005, 11:34 AM
if we wanted to be christian we would come to you, not the other way around.

Tommy 17
02-05-2005, 11:46 AM
god i hate religions!!!!:mad: :grr: :macho

MotoX3
02-05-2005, 11:48 AM
REEFER!!:D

Duncanracer
02-05-2005, 11:49 AM
10 great reasons not to listen to kittykate

1. she is a religious fanatiic
2.she is annoying
3.she is annoying
4-10. ditto

Bush0102
02-05-2005, 11:52 AM
hate the playa', not the game...i'm sick of these people giving Christians a bad name. This is not the place for such a thing. Ban her...

DEAL
02-05-2005, 11:57 AM
I had sex before I was married.

Pappy
02-05-2005, 12:04 PM
id ban her but then i might go to hell for the prosecution of christians. :(

then i could pray and id be saved from hell and eternal damnation:D

but never fear, i have a solution:

hey kittykate1984, how about me and you get buck naked, drunker then a skunk, preform wild unnatural acts all night while you spout bible versus to me at dawn:devil:

thanks for the bible update....and your panties are under the dresser:scary:

zlam27
02-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
id ban her but then i might go to hell for the prosecution of christians. :(

then i could pray and id be saved from hell and eternal damnation:D

but never fear, i have a solution:

hey kittykate1984, how about me and you get buck naked, drunker then a skunk, preform wild unnatural acts all night while you spout bible versus to me at dawn:devil:

thanks for the bible update....and your panties are under the dresser:scary:

HAHAHA

I am a christian and i support his word, but for goodness sake, that post is so long no one is going to wade through it all.

honestly though, i think you should make this a STICKY :D

Pappy
02-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by zlam27
HAHAHA

I am a christian and i support his word, but for goodness sake, that post is so long no one is going to wade through it all.

honestly though, i think you should make this a STICKY :D

i agree....

ive always wondered what would jesus do if he was walkin around today. i imagine it would end up kinda like it did back then but instead of hanging him on a cross he would be in a rubber room.

im all for religion, im not for shoving in peoples faces:)

citizennobody
02-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey KittyKate...I agree with everything you say...you are sooooo brave to share your thoughts with people that doubt so easily....I commend you. I think that we should meet up sometime and really talk about the love that Jesus intended for people to share. I would really like to get to know you better....much better....and learn about the real you and the mission you have been given. I think that I could really open you up to some new experiences that will show you the love that our maker has intended for us. We are all beautiful people made in the image of our maker and we should shed our earthly prejudices and bare ourselves to each other...completely...

:devil:

Honda4trax250x
02-05-2005, 12:25 PM
I love satan.

Pappy
02-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by citizennobody
Hey KittyKate...I agree with everything you say...you are sooooo brave to share your thoughts with people that doubt so easily....I commend you. I think that we should meet up sometime and really talk about the love that Jesus intended for people to share. I would really like to get to know you better....much better....and learn about the real you and the mission you have been given. I think that I could really open you up to some new experiences that will show you the love that our maker has intended for us. We are all beautiful people made in the image of our maker and we should shed our earthly prejudices and bare ourselves to each other...completely.....

:devil:

thats the most politest way ive ever heard anyone say they wanna knock boots:devil:

citizennobody
02-05-2005, 12:29 PM
I just want to share my love of life with her and let her know that we are in this crazy world together, not alone...I bet she has soft hands that she could bless many things with....

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-05-2005, 12:51 PM
this is so f'd up on so many levels:devil:
i love it:blah:

bansheeguy77
02-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

im all for religion, im not for shoving in peoples faces:)

my thoughts exactly. i believe in god and all that good stuff. but if i want it i know where to find it, dont go trying to force me to believe or "introduce" me to it. i think everyone knows about religion in america.
but now i wish taco bell would go door to door selling chalupas. that would be great.

citizennobody
02-05-2005, 01:11 PM
BTW...my wife is a Youth Director at her church...and I am agnostic too which I blame on my mother-in-law because she (and my father-in-law) is a pastor....

They used to try and debate me on religion using obscure biblical references to shut me down, but I spent 3 years studying history, the bible, the koran, the talmud, and any other type of philosophy I could just for the sole purpose of crushing that beeyatch in arguments.....

87250rxrider
02-05-2005, 01:20 PM
BAN HER! this is just spam...people will believe in whatever religion they want to, and by posting this, its not going to help convince anybody anything, except that you are ANNOYING, and need to be BANNED!!

CannondaleRider
02-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Why is she posting this stuff anyways

Bush0102
02-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Why is she posting this stuff anyways

because her religion's teachings tell her to spread the word of God. However, i agree with everyone that it really isnt appropriate here. However, instead of all the insults and name-calling, i think everyone could have been a little more polite in sharing how they felt. Looking back, what she did really isn't against the rules, and nobody forced you to come into her thread or read what she typed...

Ralph
02-05-2005, 03:07 PM
she is not brave, cool or smart. She is bening the typical crazy religion ***** who trys to push her religion onto others. She will end up all by herself in a house with 13 cats yelling at the roudy children on her street.

:macho :mad:

Mxjunkie
02-05-2005, 03:10 PM
I just kinda thought about this, she is just showing us something. granted this isnt probaly a good place to post it but I dont think we should insult someone for their beliefs.. :uhoh:

Ralph
02-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I just kinda thought about this, she is just showing us something. granted this isnt probaly a good place to post it but I dont think we should insult someone for their beliefs.. :uhoh:

i do, its what my religion tells me to do...

Bush0102
02-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

what, be a jackass?

this whole thread needs to get deleted...not because of the thread starter, but because everyone is going at each other's throats over this...

MSL
02-05-2005, 03:33 PM
I cant believe almost everyone is giving her such a hard time:(

ARE YOU SINNERS SCARED OF THE WORD:eek:

bansheeguy77
02-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

didnt think ralph would miss a relgion thread :p why are you so dead set on anti-religion?

SRH
02-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by kittykate1984
***You should copy and paste or print this page for later use in case it gets deleted or something.

Top 10 reasons to believe in Christianity. Replies welcomed.

1. The Credibility of Its Founder: Peter spoke for Jesus' closest followers when he said, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that You are the Holy One of God." (John 6:68-69)

2. Reliability of It's Book: The integrity of this historical and geographical record is supported by archeology. The Bible continues to speak not only with spiritual power but with convincing prophetic accuracy.

3. Explanations for Life: It is the Christian faith that reflects a caring attention to detail so evident in the species and ecosystems of the natural world. It is Christ who clothed himself in our humanity to feel what we feel and then to suffer and die in our place.

4. It's Continuity with the Past: The Christian faith offers continuity with our deepest ancestral roots. Those who trust Christ are accepting the same Creator and Lord worshiped by Adam, Abraham, and Solomon.

5. It's Foundational Claim: The first Christians were witnesses. They risked their lives to tell the World that with their own eyes they had seen an innocent man die and then miraculously walk among them 3 days later.

6. It's Power to Change Lives: Not only were the first disciples dramatically changed but so were its worst enemies. Paul was transformed from a killer of Christians into one of their chief advocates. (Galatians 1:11-24)

7. It's Analysis of Human Nature: The Bible says that society's real problems are problems of the heart. In an age of information and technology, failures of character have scandalized institutions of the family, religion, and the arts.

8. It's View of Human Achievement: Generation after generation has hoped for the best. We have conceived technologies that will deliver us from the oppressive slavery of work. Yet we are as close as ever to what the New Testament describes as the end times. (Matthew 24:5-31)

9. Its Impact on Society: From roof tops to necklaces to earrings, we see the sign of the cross bearing visible witness to Christ's death. Social relief agencies have been fueled by the direct or residual values of The Bible.

10. It's Offer of Salvation: No other faith offers everlasting life as a gift to those who trust the one who has overcome death for them. No other system offers assurance of forgiveness and adoption into the family of God.

The gift of God is eternal life in Heaven. He gives the gift of salvation freely to all who ask, no matter how late in their lives nor how sinful they have been.

God says that all who accept the sacrifice of His sinless Son Jesus Christ as payment for their sins will spend eternity in Heaven, a place where there is no more death, sorrow, sickness and pain.

This passage in the Bible says, "For ALL HAVE SINNED, and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

Let's see if you have ever "sinned." We will do so by looking briefly at the Ten Commandments. Have you ever told a lie? If you have, then you are a liar. Have you ever stolen something (value is irrelevant)? Then you are a thief. Jesus said if you look with lust, you have committed adultery in your heart. If you hate, then you have committed murder in your heart. Have you loved God above all else? Have you made a 'god' to suit yourself (having your own beliefs about God)? Have you used God's name to curse, kept the Sabbath holy, honored your parents, or been greedy? Judge yourself--have you broken the Ten Commandments? Knowing that God has seen your thought-life, and every deed done in darkness, will you be innocent or guilty on Judgment Day? You know you will be guilty. So, will you end up in heaven or hell? Don't look to God's "goodness" to save you from hell. If God is good, He will punish murderers, rapists, thieves and liars. He is so righteous, He will punish all sin.

The only thing you can do to be saved from His wrath, is to repent and put your faith in the Savior, Jesus Christ. When He died on the Cross, He took the punishment for our sins. He stepped into the Courtroom and paid the fine for us. Then He rose from the dead, defeating death.

The Bible also says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5 : 8 )

This passage explains how to be saved, "For if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

You can be saved right now and on your way to Heaven if you will open your heart to Jesus and pray the sinner's prayer out loud.

Sinner's Prayer

(Say out loud) "Jesus, I need You. I agree with You that I am a sinner. I believe You love me and want to save me. I believe that You bled and died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins. I believe God raised You from the dead. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life."

If you prayed the prayer and meant it, God heard you and has come into you. He has saved you and has given you a new life, because you've been born again and your name is written in the lamb's book of life. You are now a born again believer and a Christian son or daughter of God and you will spend eternity in heaven. Welcome to the family of God.

Salvation is not a reward but a gift. The Bible says it this way, "For it is by GRACE you have been SAVED, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the GIFT of God." (Ephesians 2 : 8 )

Jesus said, " ... and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37)

Nothing in this world is more important than the redemption that only Jesus can give.

The Bible says, "In Him(Jesus) we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins..." (Ephesians 1:7)

If you haven't decided yet, please make the only wise decision and walk through this door of forgiveness before it's eternally too late. We don't know exactly when we will die, this is why it is so important to get saved today because you may die prematurely in a traffic accident, terrorist attack or something else before you get another chance.

The Bible speaks of two places that we will spend eternity, either Heaven or Hell (a place of eternal torment). Wouldn't it be great to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that no matter what happens from this day forward you are Heaven bound? Oh friend, it would be terrible to die and go to Hell when all you have to do is accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour.

How To Find A Good Church

Church attendance isn't mandatory for Christians to be saved because Jesus has already given us salvation. Christians should attend church so they can worship God, fellowship with other Christians and learn more about Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible. Answering the questions below with a yes will help you find a good church to attend. Answering no to a question will help you to avoid joining a cult or a false Christian group.

1. Does someone read from the Holy Bible during each service?
2. Do they teach that Jesus Christ is God and came to earth 2000 years ago?
3. Do they teach that Jesus Christ actually died and came back to life three days later?
4. Do they teach that accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is the only way to Heaven?
5. Do you get a chance to praise and worship God?
6. Are they actively involved in helping people get saved?

Church Locator: http://kedesh.christianitytoday.com/churchlocator/index.taf

http://counter.digits.com/wc/pic.jpg

Here are some free online Christian videos.
http://tbn.org/index.php/8/1.html
http://media.christiananswers.net
http://myfaith.com/Listen-watch.htm

Here are some Christian websites for you.
http://www.christjesus.us
http://www.biblehelp.org
http://www.tbn.org
http://www.ifcj.org
http://www.iiw.org
http://www.lwf.org
http://www.jhm.org
http://www.carm.org
http://www.biblegateway.com
http://www.blueletterbible.com

shut the **** up

02-05-2005, 03:53 PM
dude u jewish people come to my door and go down are road askin us for books leav e me the hell alone

MotoX3
02-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
what, be a jackass?

this whole thread needs to get deleted...not because of the thread starter, but because everyone is going at each other's throats over this... jeez man cool down......no ones at anothers throat over this:huh