PDA

View Full Version : This isn't fair at all, read this...

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Well, today my basketball team was suppose to go on a 3 hour drive to play the Missouri State Champs. Anyways, the team met and had breakfast then we went to the gym for practice. During practice (like 9am..we have practice before games)...coahc calls me over "DAVIS, come here!"...so i walk over "shake the hair out of your eyes let me see how long it is".....so I shake my head and my hair falls into my eyes...he suddenly says "GO HOME!, your off the team"....now thats bullchit, he kicked me off the team because my hair is too long!!!!...needless to say we got into a big argument with eveyrone watching....

Oh well, now I can stay home and wash/work on the quad...then go riding! I just think thats total BS to kick me off the team due to how long my hair is. He said "Your not an individual, your part of a team. You do everything the team does"....

02-05-2005, 10:29 AM
I f he set the same rule as most basketball coachs do of the hair has to be off the color, off the ears and above the eyebrows I can see why he kicked you off. But if nothing was ever mentinoed about Hair length EVER then you are right it is BS.

Hon300ex
02-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Just cut your hair. A lot of profesional baseball teams have the same rule, you cant have a beard of long hair. Its not fiar he kicked you off the team though. He should have said cut your hair for the next game.

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 10:34 AM
But look at all our rules. We are a Single A high school team with a school of 90 kids. His rules are..

1-NO shirts under your uniforms
2-No headbands
3-No sweatbands on your legs
4-No sweatbands on arms (only on your wrist)
5-White only shoes...NO other colors
6-NO long hair
7-NO socks showing over shoes
8-etc etc.

I could understand if we were a college or big school team...but we have 90 kids in our school!

HtFoxChick
02-05-2005, 10:37 AM
THAT is total BS!!! I didn't know you played BB??? We're single A too, by the way. I like your long hair....he could have talked to you before the game..your midseason too aren't you?

JDiablo
02-05-2005, 10:38 AM
wow that is some bullchit rules i think...and 90 kids in your whole skewl....holy chit,lol

Originally posted by roostin_dale
But look at all our rules. We are a Single A high school team with a school of 90 kids. His rules are..

1-NO shirts under your uniforms
2-No headbands
3-No sweatbands on your legs
4-No sweatbands on arms (only on your wrist)
5-White only shoes...NO other colors
6-NO long hair
7-NO socks showing over shoes
8-etc etc.

I could understand if we were a college or big school team...but we have 90 kids in our school!

you just answered your own question, NO LONG HAIR! done deal..
Jesse

SRH
thats why i hate those kind of sports, sounds like he watched coach carter and got all inspired:blah:

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
you just answered your own question, NO LONG HAIR! done deal..
Jesse

That rule was added friday....which i might add, I was sick and not at school so i didnt know....

And Jamie, we only have like 7 games left then regionals....

HtFoxChick
02-05-2005, 10:47 AM
We have 5 left , then playoffs. If you want to play, which i think you do, talk to him. After a coach pisses you off tho, it's hard to talk but it's a matter how much you want to help your team out i guess. Good Luck!!!

Plus, i would only TRIM the hair as far as he would accept!!:D

SRH
02-05-2005, 10:54 AM
get a baldcap and wear it , i dont see any rules against that or one of those rubber swimming caps

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 10:57 AM
haha, i say screw varsity, i'll just play JV, its fine with me...

Im skipping regionals to go to the Texas GNC anyways, lol

HtFoxChick
02-05-2005, 11:04 AM
That would work too. I'd hate to have to go back on JV! But, Texas sounds like more fun now anyways!!!

MotoX3
02-05-2005, 11:07 AM
my coach can be anal about stupid stuff like that sometimes...oh well...basketball sucks anyways

Mxjunkie
02-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
wow that is some bullchit rules i think...and 90 kids in your whole skewl....holy chit,lol

lol damn, my school has about 1,100 kids in it or more.. thats pretty dumb he kicked you off, just make it a fro like my hair ;)

gyt-r450
02-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SRH
thats why i hate those kind of sports, sounds like he watched coach carter and got all inspired:blah:

lol:D

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
lol damn, my school has about 1,100 kids in it or more.. thats pretty dumb he kicked you off, just make it a fro like my hair ;)

lol, sad thing is i might have to cut it...Its hard to fit in my helmet:rolleyes:

Oh, at the begining of the year we had 103 students...then went down to 90 and i think we have like 94 now...its kinda cool that you know everyone though...

bansheeguy77
02-05-2005, 01:00 PM
haha, i say screw varsity, i'll just play JV, its fine with me...

Im skipping regionals to go to the Texas GNC anyways, lol

if ur actually serious about playing ya should trim ur hair and go have a talk with him in a mature manner. he should know you didnt know about the rule.
hell ur lucky to play jv, i begged to play jv but coach wouldnt let me. i started varsity and woulda made all star teams but the other coaches picked the players, and i think i hurt a kid from every team so ya kno they all hated me. would be fun to go own some jv kids tho :D

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
if ur actually serious about playing ya should trim ur hair and go have a talk with him in a mature manner.

No, i dont really care. Im a sophmore and i HATE playing with the Seniors..they are extremely cocky....

I use to love basketball and i use to be serious about it when I played in my own class....Back in the days my class was undefeated in 5th an 6th grade, then in 7th grade we made it to the state tournament (first year your allowed to go)...(I made a last second halfcourt shot that won the sectional game)...and in the 8th grade we made it to the state tournament again and won a couple games....so through 5th-8th grade we lost 2 games and they were in the state tournments.....so what im saying is I will take it seriously again next year when im back with my class....

fst400exrider
02-05-2005, 01:31 PM
how come the coach didnt give you a warning a week ago. if anything ypu should of been benched the whole game and just get your haircut for the next game. yea your right it is BS

Punk'd
02-05-2005, 03:27 PM
WTF

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 04:24 PM
well, im glad I didnt have to go on the 3 1/2 hour drive on the freakin bus. I got alot of work done today..Put on my IMS pegs, welded the fender bracket on the 300ex because it broke, I had to drill the hole bigger on my AC nerfs so the bolt would go through for the pegs, Put on new brake rotors and brake pads, cleaned my air filters, and got one of the quads washed...then I went for a ride....

Had alot more fun than riding a bus!

MotoX3
02-05-2005, 04:29 PM
well, im glad I didnt have to go on the 3 1/2 hour drive on the freakin bus. I got alot of work done today..Put on my IMS pegs, welded the fender bracket on the 300ex because it broke, I had to drill the hole bigger on my AC nerfs so the bolt would go through for the pegs, Put on new brake rotors and brake pads, cleaned my air filters, and got one of the quads washed...then I went for a ride....

Had alot more fun than riding a bus! right on....ditch crappy bball and ride:D

FTR250Rnif
02-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Thats Bull****. plain and simple

kicken250x
02-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
just make it a fro like my hair ;)

haha tahts what i did when i played foot ball. coach said "no hair" below the tops of your eyes on the field!" if i take my hands and rub them in circles on my head for a few seconds my hair will fized up real big and it wasnt below my eyes anymore so he couldnt say anything. he tried but the assistant coaches were like "no fritz, his hair isnt in his eyes anymore, you cant kick him off..." and my hair was down to my lips so you can imagine how big my fro was:D

chunky
02-05-2005, 08:49 PM
here in my lil school in tower city, pa....williams valley doesent have any hair rules.....im in 8th grade and my team is 18-2 and we have 3 kids that are all 6'4....2 of htem are twins....anyone else got height?

MotoX3
02-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by chunky
here in my lil school in tower city, pa....williams valley doesent have any hair rules.....im in 8th grade and my team is 18-2 and we have 3 kids that are all 6'4....2 of htem are twins....anyone else got height? me and partyboy300ex are on a bball team....hes 6 3 or so

roostin_dale
02-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Im 6'3....

Our other forwards are 6'3, 6'2 and 7 foot!!! Our guards are all 6'0 or 6'1....we're ranked 11 th in state....I bet anything he ask me to come back on the team monday!....

alimdar2times
02-06-2005, 12:36 AM
Im a sophmore and i HATE playing with the Seniors..they are extremely cocky........I bet anything he ask me to come back on the team monday!....

And you think the seniors are cocky? Maybe you oughta re-read that second part of that quote up there.....

I agree that you are probably getting a raw deal on this. However (and this is NOT a flame or taking a shot), welcome to the real world where there are rules that have to be followed. I realize that the long hair rule was added Friday, a day in which you weren't present, and he is treating this in a bit of a tyrannical fashion. The school I went to, if you were out of school the day before a game or meet (no matter why), you simply didn't play, which is usually the case at most schools, private or otherwise.

If you're serious at all about b-ball, approach the coach in a mature fashion, and explain calmly why this seems unfair; you have presented yourself in a reasonable way throughout most of this post, so I have to believe that the same can be done in person. If you're not serious about it (b-ball), then to hell with it, and you shouldn't have been upset in the first place. Good luck whatever way you go with it.

trx450jason
02-06-2005, 10:27 AM
haha..my coach made me cut my hair too, twice..if i didn't he probably would have kicked me off the team too

HtFoxChick
02-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Im 6'3....

Our other forwards are 6'3, 6'2 and 7 foot!!! Our guards are all 6'0 or 6'1....we're ranked 11 th in state....I bet anything he ask me to come back on the team monday!....

Lunch ladies feeding you growth hormones or what!! :eek2: The Wabasso Rabbit's...were Class A State Champions last year!:D Even got on TV! H*ll yeah!

Yep, those Rabbit's are tough!!:macho

roostin_dale
02-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by alimdar2times
And you think the seniors are cocky? Maybe you oughta re-read that second part of that quote up there.....

lol, i didnt mean it like that. See, i start JV and play the whole game, prolly only been taken out for 45 seconds total, all year. Then I have to run and get dressed for varsity, where I am the 6th man, and the ONLY one who plays besides the starters....thats why im saying he will still let me play. Because no one else is nearly good enough to play.

And i am going to cut my hair, ony because I tried to put my helmet on today and it was tight, plus my hair always gets in my eyes...

roostin_dale
02-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Lunch ladies feeding you growth hormones or what!!

Our school is to small for a lunch room, hahaha! We have a break room where you can get cold "white castle" burgers from a vending machine, and candy and pop and stuff. But other than that we have to go home and eat...BUT, we arent allowed to drive cars at lunch, we also cant skateboard, rollerblade, or ride bikes...we arent allowed to have anything with wheels at lunch....

HtFoxChick
02-06-2005, 01:26 PM
What? No lunch ladies that make extra sloppy, sloppy Joes?:eek: Sound like another prison!!:blah:

AtvMxRider
02-06-2005, 02:37 PM
I was sick and not at school so i didnt know....

Well now you do. Welocme to life;)

WhiteBros400ex
02-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Thats bs if he added the rule while you werent in school, then kicks you off them team.He should have mentioned it to you about your hair before the beiging of a game.:grr: :blah:

250xridamatt
02-06-2005, 06:02 PM
I have 59 other people in my grade. There are a few hundred in 7th - 9th. We also don't have a cafeteria. We have to bring our own lunches everyday, but on wednesdays we can order pizza and get a large for 6 bucks. I love going to a small school where i can name almost everyone in the school.

I hate all these hair rules. At my school it can not be below the middle of the ear, and it cannot touch the collar.

RideRed250ex
02-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Last year in Baseball one of the kids on my team had long hair and the coach said he couldn't play unless he cut his hair, some one had scissors in their car and they cut it right there in the dugout...lol, personally I think it would have better just to leave the hair alone...

HtFoxChick
02-07-2005, 07:29 AM
HAHAHAHa I don't recommend the famous Taylor Mole haircut!!!:chinese: How bout Derek's???? That mohawk cut really gets to the ladies!

:blah:

steveatv3
02-07-2005, 07:46 AM
That is segragation and also harrassment i am sure you could get a suit against him for that.

:devil: :devil:

sharkinthepool
02-07-2005, 08:00 AM
I hate to say it, but dude just cut your hair. I know it is a rebellion thing or the cool thing to have it hanging in your eyes, me personally it was always kept high and tight! The old man would have stomped a mudhole in to my A-hole if I didn't get mine cut. (Military families:rolleyes: )

But dude just cut it, you answered your own question with your list of rules you posted.

dunnonuttin
02-11-2005, 12:53 PM
i have to keep my hair really short for the NJROTC program at our school

coryatver
02-11-2005, 01:01 PM
If you knew the rules of the team you should have got kicked off. It sounds like that wasn't the first time you broke a rule. I hated when people on the basketball team did things just to get attention. There are always a couple on every team. And they would always push the limit untill the coach just couldn't take it anymore. You have the rest of you life to ride quads. cut your dang hair and go say your sorry.

roostin_dale
02-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
I hated when people on the basketball team did things just to get attention.

well, considering there are 12 kids on the varsity team and 7 had long hair I wouldnt say I was doing it for attention....

You have the rest of you life to ride quads. cut your dang hair and go say your sorry.

I also have the rest of my life to go to the damn gym and play basketball....:o

dodgeram
02-11-2005, 03:19 PM
How old are you? At some point you have to stop being a punk ***** kid and adhere to the rules of society. Most jobs out there won't let you have long hair....granted you can keep your long hair and get a job but repeat after me......WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT? Any type of organization that you join are going to have rules that you have to follow, and I seriously doubt that this was over just the hair issue. If I was betting I would say U and the coach have had some troubles before......just my 2 cents.

Matt37
02-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Dang, you guys go to some small schools. We have 3,200 kids in our school and 750 in our sophmore class alone.

roostin_dale
02-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by dodgeram
How old are you? At some point you have to stop being a punk ***** kid and adhere to the rules of society. Most jobs out there won't let you have long hair....granted you can keep your long hair and get a job but repeat after me......WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT? Any type of organization that you join are going to have rules that you have to follow, and I seriously doubt that this was over just the hair issue. If I was betting I would say U and the coach have had some troubles before......just my 2 cents.

so your saying Im a punk *** kid because I have (had) long hair!... And, no, im never gunna work at fastfood, Im making an easy 20g+ a year right now, your not gunna make that at McD's...

The only past issue me and coach have had is racing. He told me I have to quit racing becasue it will end my basketball career:rolleyes: Of course, I refused to stop racing and life went on.....

bansheeguy77
02-11-2005, 09:38 PM
it is fair read htis