View Full Version : I got a deal on some shocks?

tryken
02-05-2005, 07:41 AM
Okay, I ordered some Works triple rate shocks w/o rezzies for my 400ex with +2 a-arms. I got them in yesterday and open the box and I see a stainless steel line sticking up out of the packing peanuts. Low and behold there are remote rezzies on the shocks. I double checked my credit card statement and I was only charged for the triple rates w/o rezzies. Here is my dilema. There is nothing in the box or paperwork that says the shocks were set up how I asked them to. I am mainly concerned about them being set up for the +2 a-arms. Also, if I mount the rezzies on the frame where it shows, how much will it restrict airflow over the engine. I have a 416 and want to make sure it gets all the cool air it can. Is there somewhere else I can mount the rezzies without adding any hose to them, and still get the maximum airflow to the engine.

EvilJester400EX
02-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Shock resevoirs won't restrict airflow to your engine. Just bolt them on and try them out a little, that's how you'll know if they're setup- as long as they don't bottom out over the smallest jumps or bumps then you're good.

bradley300
02-05-2005, 08:38 AM
for what you paid, if there not set up right, deal with it and rebuild them right when they need serviced

tryken
02-06-2005, 09:03 PM
I installed the shocks today. Didn't get to ride them cause of the darn rain. I am ready for some real spring weather. I hate to ride and get the 416 all muddy and have to spend an hour or two cleaning it.