PDA

View Full Version : 300ex questions....

Dave223
02-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Not long ago I picked up a 97 300 for my daughter to race...I traded it for a worn out old go cart...anyhow, it needs a lil work, so heres the questions:
what are the wire colors for the headlight? hers is missing and im goin to run a couple little ones up under the fender, but I dunno what color wires..

on the start switch housing there is the start button, kill switch, above it is the bright/ dim switch? and to the side of that one ..is it the on/off light switch????? hehe i feel stupid asking these questions...

the carb has an external idle adjustment, mounted to a bracket that leads into the carb....the peice inside the carb that this adjustment touches..the little ear peice is broken off...so it has no idle adjustment, I picked up a carb from another and it was broken the same way...anyone ever hear of this and is there some way to fix it without buying the 55$ peice that will probably just break again???
(if you didnt understand my explanation, I can take a pic...)

:(

thanks for any and all help..and mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move it, Thanks, Dave A. :)

dork
02-04-2005, 11:49 PM
i think the part you're talking about thats broke off is part of the carb body. if you still have the piece that broke, just jb weld it on. or you may have to find another carb. you can find them on ebay pretty cheap.

there's 2 switches for the lights, hi-low and on-off.

i'll check on the colors of the wires.

RideRed250ex
02-10-2005, 05:50 PM
The switch you are talking about is the on/off switch you'll find out when you get it wired up...not sure on the colors of the wires.. but i do have a question...if she is goin to race it then why does the head light need to be on?

Dave223
02-10-2005, 06:46 PM
thanks for the info, I found the wires..the blue wire is the bright light. She will be racing it, but we also do a good bit of trail riding here, and at night. The lights I installed go up under the front fenders on the frame, shining forward and down, they are small driving lights for a car, 35 watts each I believe. When shes racing they will be off, and out of sight;)

Thanks again, Dave