PDA

View Full Version : 2005 GNC Glen Helen National Preview & Live Coverage

Admin
02-04-2005, 06:22 PM
With the 2005 GNC Season ready to being tomorrow morning at Glen Helen Raceway just north San Bernardino, CA. I think this is a terrific time to give a peak behind the scenes of what has been going on out west for the past two weeks in preperation for this weekends big event.

I arrived in Arizona on Friday the January 21st to participate and cover the open round of the WORCS series, and I spent the rest of the week traveling across Arizona and California putting together some incredible stories that I will be sharing over the coming months.

One of the first places I visited was Lonestar Racing, which is located in downtown Phoenix, AZ. While, I was checking the manufacturing facility Jason Luburgh & Keith Little stopped in to drop off some parts and put in some orders for parts they needed for GNC National that was only two weeks away.

Needless to say, Dan Fisher, commented laughingly "nothing like waiting to the last minute."

With the earlier start to the GNC series and the greater number of racing oppurtunities available many of the top pro riders no longer even get a break away from the sport over the winter months.

Left to Right
Keith Little, Dan Fisher, and Jason Luburgh

Admin
02-04-2005, 06:29 PM
From Lonestar, I headed west to Southern California where I stopped in to see what was going on at Duncan Racing.

When I arrived, I was immediately greeted with a box full of Stock Honda 450R parts with “Doug Eichner MX Bike” written on the Outside.

Admin
02-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Once I walked inside the shop area, I found an almost completely bare 450R frame with only a few aftermarket parts installed. I was informed that they were just getting start with building Doug Eichner’s GNC MX machine and had plenty of time to get it ready with the National race over 10 days away.

Last year, with the Honda just being released, they were forced to build the 450R from the ground up overnight before the race, so this year gave them plenty of breathing room plus they already know which setups work and don’t from over a year of extensive testing.

Admin
02-04-2005, 06:47 PM
The aftermarket parts for the Honda were scattered around it waiting to be attached.

Admin
02-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Duncan Racing Sales Manager, Lenny Duncan (left) and Duncan Mechanic, Jason Duncan (Right – Ironically no relation to the Duncan Family) began installing the Roll Design A-arms as I went to check out Tavis Cain completed GNC National YFZ450

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:06 PM
The Duncan team had Tavis Cain's YFZ450 race ready with some of the finest aftermarket addon parts available.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Tavis Cain was still at home in Northern California practicing for the Nationals over at Dana Creech's Track

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:21 PM
As I headed up the California Coast, I couldn't resist stopping in and checking out the Alba Action Facility.

Alba Action has really stepped up their ATV racing program over the past year by signing both Jeremy Schell and Chris Borich to their race team, which already included well know riders Kory Ellis and Traci Cecco.

Kory Ellis Pro Quads Series YFZ was at the Alba Facility getting prepared for the Phoenix, AZ round the coming Weekend.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Kory Ellis’s GNC Pro National machine was further along than Doug Eichner's Honda, but is was still far from race ready.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:26 PM
When I stopped in to See Pro Armor, they were designing the new Yamaha GYT-R bumpers for Factory Yamaha Riders Bill Ballance and Kory Ellis.

Kory has been sponsored by Blingstar and even had his own signature bumper, but after becoming a factory Yamaha rider, he was asked to run the Yamaha GYT-R products instead, and ofcourse, he didn't argue.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:28 PM
A Glimpse at what looks to be a Proto Type version of the Bumper that I suspect we will see on either Bill Ballance or Kory Ellis machines at the opening rounds of the GNC and/or GNCC Series.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Chris Borich joined the ProArmor team for 2005, and at his request, they produced a new bumper for him that includes an area for the number plate.

I was truely impressed with the attention to detail that went into building every Pro Armor product when I was at the facility, and I expect to see some more new exciting products to be released from Pro Armor in the coming months.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:39 PM
My last stop before heading to Glen Helen was Suzuki & Yoshimura. It was exciting to see the incredible race develop facility at Team Yoshimura. While I was there, I got a sneak peak at the new White/Blue color scheme, but at the time it was top secret, so I wasn't aloud to take any photos, but they will be available soon enough.

While at Yoshimura, I noticed that the engineers were developing a pipe for Joe Byrd's Honda 450R. Many people only associate Yoshimura with Suzuki because of their combined racing efforts, but Yoshimura also builds excellent exhaust system for almost every make and model of ATV.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:42 PM
As I drove to Glen Helen MX Track, it was amazing to see the snow cover mountains in distance with temps in the 70's in the Valley.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Finally, I arrived at Glen Helen Raceway a week before the best MX riders in Country would converge for the start of the ATVA GNC MX National Series.

Admin
The Glen Helen Parking lot was virtually empty with only a few top pro riders out on the track getting in some practice and testing different settings in preparation for the National.

Admin
Doug Eichner was also present at Glen Helen, but he wasn’t there to prepare for the National, but instead, he was involved in the filming a segment for a future ATV Television Program on the back track at Glen Helen.

Admin
Scott Wright and his IMS crew were busy preparing the 450R for Doug to head out on the track.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:44 PM
As I headed over to check out the track condition at Glen Helen, I ran into good friend, Jason Dunkelberger. He was out practicing earlier in the day, and was ready to call it an evening.

Admin
The Glen Helen track was extremely rough and sloppy in sections from rain the previous day, but the track will receive a nice face lift over the next week for the start of the National, but it won't take long to rut up because of the loose dirt/sand.

Admin
Once Again, I found a dedicated John Natalie Jr. wrenching on his 450R with his friend Cyle Chislock.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Michelle Reiser headed back in from riding to see if John Natalie Jr was going to be heading back out soon.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Team Suzuki's Paul Turner, Wayne Hinson, and Brant Russell

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Doug Gust's Practice Machine, Rear View

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Doug Gust Practice Machine, Front View

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Ryan Cox will be Jermiah Jones's Mechanic at the Nationals this year, which will give Jermiah's Father a rest from wrenching at every National.

Ryan installs a new Yoshimura Silencer on Jermiah's LTZ400 as Jeremiah gears up to head out for some practice with Doug Gust and the other Pro Riders.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Ryan make quick work of installing the silencer, and Jeremiah Jones headed out and started ripping up the track

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:49 PM
John Natalie Jr and Doug Gust hooked up during practice for a little while and put on a good show.

Admin
John Natalie Jr. nailing the uphill table top.

Admin
Doug Gust quickly followed.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Doug Gust climbing one of the Hills at Glen Helen, and I don't think any photo can give these hills justice for how steep and rough they are to climb.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Jeremiah Jones

Admin
Jeremy Lawson jumped on his Suzuki for the first time in several days after injurying his shoulder at the San Deigo, CA Round of the Pro Quads Series. Hopefully, he will be 100% this weekend at Glen Helen.

Admin
Jeremiah Jones catching some air

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Rocco Arno Jr made this trip out with good friend Dustin Wimmer.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Dustin Wimmer on his new Honda 450R, and after watching him going through the whoops, I don't think he has lost any speed from switching from the YFZ to the Honda. He looked as fast as ever, and I expect to see him in the hunt again this season.

Admin
02-04-2005, 07:56 PM
With almost everyone finished for the day, I finally got an oppurtunity to head out on the track for some practice, and I was fortunate to do it on none other than Doug Gust machine.

Jeremiah Jones snapped the photo of me getting ready to take off for the track, but unfortunately, I couldn't talk anyone into walking out and grabbing some action photos :(.

I will say that the 5 laps that I put in on the Doug's LTZ were incredible. It was the best handling ATV that I have ever ridden, and I hated having to hand it back over to Paul Turner.

He asked me how I liked it, and all I could say is "When are you going to build me mine?" and he laughed.

Thanks Again, to Suzuki Team Manager, Wayne Hinson, for giving me the oppurtunity to ride one incredible ATV.

With this photo, I end my Glen Helen Race Coverage because I need to fly home and prepare for Round #1 of the GNCC Series in Texas, but I left the coverage in fine hands with two reporters at the track to bring ATVriders.com continous updates from the track all weekend during the National.

Roy Bloodworth with Bigkidracing.com will be providing the majority of the live updates and my GNC Reporter will be posting the Pro Race Coverage by Tuesday, so keep checking back for updates.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Well here we are at the beginning of another season and the opening round of the GNC MX Nationals. For the second year they are being held at Glen Helen Raceway in Southern California. And just like last year the winds are crazy. They are suppose to start letting up tonight.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 08:40 PM
The winds were so bad the last couple days they waited untill today to start hanging banners.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 08:46 PM
The pro pits were much more organized this year. It almost seemed as if no one was here. Last year you could barely walk between the rigs. This year they made sure there was room to move!

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Heres a shot of the factory Suzuki rig. They went All white and blue for the ATV team this year.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 08:58 PM
As the sun comes up over the starting gate friday morning you can see the flags standing straight out in the wind.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Doug Gust takes a walk around the track before the start of practice.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:03 PM
An early morning shot of the finish line and infield part of the track.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Heres the infamous Taladega turn. This is a very high speed on the throttle turn. If you have the ...... you can make up time through this turn.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:16 PM
This is the guy we all have to thank for getting the track ready. He has done a great job preparing the track for this weekend.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Heres a shot during practice of one of the uphills racers had to climb.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:26 PM
This is a part of the track where riders head back into sort of a canyon. Theres a triple and an off camber jump in there somewhere...

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:33 PM
This is a shot looking down towards the finish line. They added more track down infront of the stands this year in an effort to give the fans a better view...

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Ok as you seen in the pictures earlier the white and blue rig from Suzuki... Well here are the matching rides... Jeremiah showing off the new blue/white look....

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:43 PM
And of course his teammate Digger Doug also sporting the same white plastic...

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Heres the guy to watch this weekend. Last year he won this round. This is his hometown track and he knows this track better than anyone else. This year Kory has Factory Yamaha behind him, along with Alba.

WestCoast Editor
02-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Here Kory is showing how determined he is about winning this weekend... This is a double for everyone else, but Kory makes it a triple. I have no Idea how he gets enough drive out of the corner to make it that far... No one else even came close.

Admin
02-05-2005, 06:05 AM
As the day continued, Joe Byrd pulled in with his new truck and trailer setup:eek:

Admin
02-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Check out the Yoshimura rig, it would have been hard to believe several years ago that we would be seeing tractor trailers at the races.

Admin
02-05-2005, 06:09 AM
Tim Farr was found walking around the pits in casual clothes.

Admin
02-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Back to practing, it was great to see Dana Creech back in action. He hasn't the best of luck avoiding injuries in 2004, so hopefully 2005 starts out better for him.

The last that I heard he will not be racing the entire GNC Nationals series, but instead will focus on racing closer to home on the West Coast.

Admin
02-05-2005, 06:15 AM
#94 Dustin Nelson may be another one to watch this year since I hear that he will be following the GNC Series after years of being a motorcycle test rider for Factory Yamaha.

with only two years experience on an ATV, he has quickly become a very skilled rider with a very smooth riding style.

Admin
02-05-2005, 06:19 AM
#19 Jason Dunkelberger was out practicing today on his easily recognizable Lost Creek YFZ.

His teammate Pat Brown switched to K&K for 2005, and suffered a bad crash at the Olympics, and was reportedly at Glen Helen, but was still having difficulty walking around after receiving a deep slice in his leg from the rear brake rotor.

Admin
02-05-2005, 06:22 AM
"Ironman" John Natalie Jr. seems to be out practing everyday, and it shows in his riding. If he performs any where near the level he has at the Pro Quads Stadium Series, I won't hesitate to say that will be see him on the Podium Sunday, but time will tell the story and anything can happen in racing.

Admin
02-05-2005, 06:27 AM
With Friday coming to an End, Keith Little put in a few laps on his Lonestar Racing YFZ. Keith is receiving some support from Factory Yamaha this year after winning the TT Championship, but his support is no where near what Kory Ellis is receiving for 2005.

It is great to see Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki showing their support for MX atv racing, and hopefully the level of support will increase with each year to match that of our motorcycle counterparts.

Atleast we are continuing to see improvements each year, so things are looking positive for the future, so show your support for the ATV racers and come out of a race when its in your area to show the manufacturers that people are interested in ATV racing because this will drive the support to a new level.

Check back Saturday evening for more updates from Glen Helen :D

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:08 AM
The Opening Day of Racing on Saturday at Glen Helen sparked plenty of excitement and speculation on who will finish on top this weekend. One thing for sure is that looks to be exciting year for ATV racing.

The racing format for the GNC Series this year was the same as last year with the Amateur classes racing their 1st moto on Saturday with the Pros practicing at Noon before they race both motos on Sunday at 12PM and 3PM

With almost 30 Pro Entries, those not ranked in the top 10 from last year had to earn a spot on the start gate for Sunday’s Main Event. The Pros were split into to two motos where the top 4 from each Moto would advanced followed by the LCQ which only took the top 2 finishers to advance on the Sunday’s Pro Main.

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Pro Qualifier #1

#30 Travis Spader grabbed the Holeshot with with #94 Dustin Nelson close behind in 2nd Place, followed by NEATV-MX star, #270 Josh Creamer

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:33 AM
Spader held the lead early in the race, but the California Native, Nelson wouldn't settle for 2nd place and held it wide open and passed Spader in a dramatic fashion which even had the announcer in shock after the pass.

Nelson held on to when the Pro Qualifier #1 with Travis Spader finishing in 2nd Place.

#30 Travis Spader

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Creamer was able to hold on to the third spot

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:36 AM
#75 Joe Havisto finished 4th, which left the rest of the field going to the LCQ.

Pro Qualifier #1 Advancements:

1. Dustin Nelson
2. Travis Spader
3. Josh Creamer
4. Joe Havisto

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Pro Qualifier #2

Pat Brown may not be able to walk around very good, but he still can ride, and it is great to see him back in action again. I was surprised to see him on the YFZ since I thought he was going to be riding a Honda this year? Either way, Pat Brown wasted no time coming out the gate and taking the Holeshot.

Positions at the start of the race:

1. #199 Pat Brown
2. #19 Jason Dunkelberger
3. #11 Doug Eichner
4. #708 Harold Goodman
5. #32 Matt White

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:47 AM
By the 2nd lap, Dunk was able to make the pass on Brown on the Big down hill by staying off the brakes, and Harold Goodman on his new Suzuki ride pulled within striking distance of Pat Brown as well and made the pass to set his sights on Dunk in the lead.

Goodman was able to check up with Dunk which allowed him to make the pass on Dunk with only 4 turns to go when Dunk got crossed up in one of the berms.

Pro Qualifier #2 Advancements:

1. #708 Harold Goodman
2. #19 Jason Dunkelberger
3. #199 Pat Brown
4. #32 Matt White

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Pro Qualifier LCQ

Complete information not available yet.

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Women's A Class

Team Media Allstars, Angela Moore, wants her #1 plate back and it showed at the opening round as she went on to Win the Opening Moto, and also went on to win the Open A Class as well:eek:

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Heather Byrd finished in 2nd Place

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:28 AM
GNCC Racer, Traci Cecco, rode her way to a 4th place finish behind Michelle Reiser.

Alba Action, Traci Cecco, made the flight across the country to compete at Glen Helen with less than a week before she will be heading to Texas for the Opening Round of the GNCC Series.

It is great to see some riders crossing over, and it was all made possible by the great sponsors that support Traci's racing program: Alba Action, Maxxis, Lonestar Racing, Elka, and many more.

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Women's B Class

Misti Hues won the 1st Moto on her 450R with #11 Amanda finishing 2nd and Leslie Regan finishing 3rd

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:33 AM
ATVriders.com own Brittany Bloodworth recovered from an early race problems to work her way up to a 6th place finish out of 16 women racers.

Great race Brittany, and hopefully you will have better luck on Sunday.

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Pro Am Unlimited Division #1

With around 30 entries, the top 8 from two division and 4 from the LCQ would move on to compete on Sunday in the Moto 2.

Dana Creech rode flawlessly in his return to racing and easily rode his Walsh CRF450 to the win with Sage Baker finishing in 2nd Place ahead of Rocco Arno Jr.

Sage Baker

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:52 AM
#72 Skyler Stewart moved on to Sunday's event with his 5th place finish and #90 Hunter Miller finished back in 7th place

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Pro Am Unlimited Division #2

#815 Bobby Ross held on to win the race with John Ragon and Johnny Hale finishing behind him.

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Media Allstars, Mark Kendall rode his Honda to a 4th Place finish.

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Cody Smith just missed advancing in the Heat Race by finishing 9th, but the word is that he was able to advance after making the cut off in the LCQ

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:57 AM
4 Stroke A

Logan Holladay was able to hold off Temcula Motorsports, Cyle Chislock for the Division #1 Win.

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:59 AM
50cc Limited

Hanah Sharp took the Win

Admin
02-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Tyler Edmondson finished 2nd

Admin
02-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Jeremy Ledonne from PA finished 4th

Admin
02-06-2005, 09:03 AM
90cc Modified

#88 Joel Hetrick started off the season right with the opening Moto win.

Admin
02-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Jake Brattain finshed in 2nd Place

Admin
02-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Jeff Rastrelli finished in 3rd

Admin
02-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Virginia resident, Dallas Tapscott

Admin
02-06-2005, 02:45 PM
The sunny conditions of yesterday are just a memory with the rain moving in today for the start of the 1st Moto which turned the loose sand/dirt into a muddy mess.

Tim Farr lead from start to finish with Doug Gust holding onto 2nd Place. Jeremiah Jones was battling with John Natalie Jr early in the race, but after they came out of the back section, John Natalie Jr was no where to be seen and ended up coming through almost back to last place, but he stayed on the gas to salvage a 9th place finish.

Harold Goodman then began to challenge Jones for the third spot till the end of the race, but Jeremiah was able to hold off "The Bee." Also, Keith Little and Dustin Nelson swapped position back and forth through out the race with Dustin Nelson coming out on top with the 6th Place finish.

Kory Ellis didn't look like himself out there and it is rumored that he injuried his foot during practice, but we will get more details on his condition as they come available.

Also, Jason Luburgh must have been experiencing mechanic problems because he just rode around the track and Tavis Cain pulled off the track early.

Many riders were forced to finish the moto without goggles because of the sloppy conditions.

It is starting to clear up and only drizzling at the moment, so hopefully the rain will end before the start of the 2nd Moto.

1. Tim Farr
2. Doug Gust
3. Jeremiah Jones
4. Harold Goodman
5. Joe Byrd
6. Dustin Nelson
7. Keith Little
8. Dustin Wimmer
9. John Natalie Jr
10. Travis Spader
11. Jason Dunkelberger
12. Pat Brown
13. Matt White
14. Kory Ellis
15. Joe Havisto
16. Donald Lysinger
17. Givani Colon
18. Josh Creamer
19. Jason Luburgh
20. Tavis Cain (DNF)

Admin
02-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Just talked with Jermiah Jones about the race.

Jermiah I saw you finished third, so how was the race?

"I passed Harold Goodman early in the race and then I started to catch up with Doug, and I lost my googles and couldn't do much more after that because of the roost. I moved in on Doug, but I had to back off and stay away to avoid being roosted."

Admin
02-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Moto #2 is about to begin in less than 10 minutes, and Doug Gust and Jeremiah Jones have just taken on the line for the parade lap to check out the track with the rest of the Pros to follow.

The rain has stopped and hopefully will hold off till the end of the 2nd Moto, but the temps have really dropped and it feels like it is in the 40's to 50's.

Once the gate Drops for the 2nd Moto, ATVriders.com will be bringing you updates through out the Moto.

Sorry for the delay with Moto #1, but I will try to make up for it with Moto 2.

Admin
02-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Tim Farr pulled the Holeshot again, and is leading after one lap with Kory Ellis in 2nd Place holding off Doug Gust in third.

The track is a muddy mess, and the riders are already starting to get completely covered in mud, which is making it difficult to recognize the different riders.

Admin
02-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Several laps into the race, Tim Farr continues to lead and Ellis is running close behind with Jones and Gust in chase and are within a few quads lengths of each other.

Also, Travis Spader is up to 6th and pressuring Keith Little in 5th

John Natalie Jr is running in 7th with Joe Byrd in 8th and are way back behind the leaders because the top 4 have pulled away from everyone.

Admin
02-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Tim Farr has started to pull away and is about 4-5 Seconds ahead of Gust with Jones close behind Gust. Kory Ellis has dropped back to 4th Place and loosing time and Keith Little is out of the race pushing his quad off the track.

John Natalie Jr and Joe Byrd are tire to tire, and is currently the tighest pair on the track.

1.Tim Farr
2. Doug Gust
3. Jermiah Jones
4. Kory Ellis
5. Travis Spader
6. John Natalie Jr
7. Joe Byrd
8. Tavis Cain
9 Jason Dunkelberger
10 Dustin Nelson
11 Matt White
12 Joe Havisto

Admin
02-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Tim Farr just took the win and the Overall

Moto 2 Results (Results are being Protested at this point)
1.Tim Farr
2. Doug Gust
3. Jermiah Jones
4. Kory Ellis
5. Travis Spader
6. John Natalie Jr
7. Joe Byrd
8. Tavis Cain
9. Dustin Nelson
10. Matt White
11. Joe Havisto
12. Pat Brown
13. Giovanni Colon
14. Dustin Wimmer
15. Jason Luburgh
16. Donald Lysinger
17. Josh Creamer
18. Keith Little
19. Jason Dunkelberger
20. Harold Goodman (DNF)

Jason Luburgh once again looks to have experienced problems because he was a lap down, but updates will be posted as soon as we know the official results

Special Thanks for ATV Insider Magazine Editor David Schloss for his assistance with keeping the site updated lap by lap.

Admin
02-06-2005, 05:55 PM
The Results are currently under Protest, but the Overall Results as of Now.

Pro updates:

Harold Goodman was running good early, but he ended up seizing his engine

John Natalie Jr was having difficulty with his throttle sticking from the mud.

Pro Overall Results
1. Tim Farr
2. Doug Gust
3. Jermiah Jones
4. Joe Byrd
5. Travis Spader
6. John Natalie jr
7. Dustin Nelson
8. Kory Ellis
9. Dustin Wimmer
10 Matt White
11. Pat Brown
12. Harold Goodman
13. Keith Little
14. Joe Havisto
15. Tavis Cain
16. Giovanni Colon
17. Jason Dunkelberger
18. Donald Lysinger
19. Jason Luburgh
20. Josh Creamer

Admin
02-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Am Production Top 5 Overall
1. Sage Baker
2. John Ragon
3. Darrell Patton
4. Rocco Arno Jr
5. Bobby Ross

Pro Am Unlimited Top 5 Overall

1. John Ragon
2. Bobby Ross
3. Sage Baker
4. Mark Kendall
5. Aaron Resig

Dana Creech DNF in 2nd Moto after win in 1st Moto.

Women's A Class
Angela Moore grabbed the Holeshot and lead from start to finish with Heather Byrd 2nd and Michelle Reiser 3rd.

The real battle was between Traci Cecco and Alex Krichner for the 4th spot, and Alex was able to make the pass on Traci and take 4th Overall in the last lap. Great Effort Trace.

Women's A Class Top 6 Overall
1. Angela Moore
2. Heather Byrd
3. Michelle Reiser
4. Alex Krichner
5. Traci Cecco
6. Jamie Rentz

Admin
02-06-2005, 06:36 PM
The Official word from the track is that Doug Gust has submitted a formal Protest against Tim Farr for possible Engine Displacement exceeding the legal limit.

Tim Farr machine is being cleaned, and they will be tearing down the engine to verify if it is within the legal cc limit.

The results of the teardown won't be available for atleast another hour, but I will keep you posted.

Almost everyone has left the track including the Pros, and the winning checks are going to be mailed to the riders.

Admin
02-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Tom Carlson did the tear down on Tim Farr's machine and his machine tested out legal at 449cc, so the protest is over and the results will remain unchanged.

Admin
02-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Brief Interview with Mark Baldwin:

What are your thoughts on the Protest?

"They were just curious because we pulled two very convincing Holeshots because we had our Honda very well tuned. The protest was just fair play, and there are no hard feelings because that is racing."

What tires did you use for the race?

"We used ITP MXR tires for the race with the 18" rears"

Was the track really muddy?

"The track really wasn't that muddy accept for the fresh sections of track only run by the Pros."

Thanks for your time Mark Baldwin and Congratulations

Jeff2269
02-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Congrats to Tim! He did take those holeshots convincingly! If this is just a taste of that the season is going to be like!

Jeff2269
02-06-2005, 09:57 PM
...its going to be an exciting season!

TCracin440ex
02-06-2005, 10:09 PM
oh man im ready for those pics....congrats tim...i hope this season opener is going to be what tims performance will be like all year...last year at glen helen he snapped an axle and i think he got a DNF

TRXDresh
02-06-2005, 11:05 PM
I think everyybody underestimated the MAN, Tim Farr. All I have been seeing on other sites is Ellis/Gust/Jones, with no mention of Tim. Shows you that the Tim, Mark, and the Honda are going to be a true force to be reckoned with this year. One question, where are all the Yammis? That is what I like to see. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.

QuadJunkies
02-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Great Coverage... Thank you!!!

QuadRacer041
02-07-2005, 03:48 AM
weres the pics????????

Admin
02-07-2005, 06:38 AM
A Complete Race report with photos will be posted shortly

ckasper18
02-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Its great to see more Suzukis and Hondas on the track this year how long till a Yamaha gets on the podium.I think 2005 race season is going to be great with another year under Hondas belt and Suzukis got more than one race quad out there its great to see the quad racing industry grow.Great coverage to atv insider and atvriders.com.Excellent

NTPracing22
02-07-2005, 07:57 AM
it's good to see the honda on top. last year this time he was battling bike problems and everyone was bashing the bike because it was new and hadn't grown on anyone yet. Congrats Tim.

While Josh gave it his best, the tacky dirt packed right into his radiator causing him to over heat and stall on his way up Mt. St.Helen in the first moto.

His second moto he rode smart making sure he finished for points. All and all, I think he did a great job for his first time racing pro.

mattinglyquadmx
02-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Excellent job Tim, and also congrats to Doug and Jeremiah. It takes a Kentucky boy to show them how to do it :D

BRETZ56
02-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Excellent job Tim, and also congrats to Doug and Jeremiah. It takes a Kentucky boy to show them how to do it

And an Ohio boy to show them how to win:D

TCracin440ex
02-07-2005, 11:21 AM
the croud demands pics harlen....!!!! lol...im so stoked that tim won....i cant wait till birch creek april 16 and 17

Freestylemxr
02-07-2005, 11:30 AM
haha I keep refreshing my screen every 5 seconds waiting to see pictures!!! haha harlen your coverage is always awsome, so its definetely worth the wait!! ;)

Dan_Guetter
02-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Here's Tim Farr busting a heelclicker over Doug Dust...

hahaha that will be the day

Kinda a cool pic i shot....derek guetter passing over the table top

sharkinthepool
02-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by BRETZ56

You tell them brother!!!

Hey man great race coverage. Its nice to see most the classes represented! I especially like you taking the time to cover the little guys. All seriousness aside that is where all the fun is at, isn't it:devil: ? Sometimes I think them little guys race with more honor and integrity than we do.

400ex45
02-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BRETZ56

that is right:D

Lurch
02-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Great coverage! I can't wait until the Macon round. Keep up the good work.

zakk54
02-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Full Results!!!

http://www.glenhelen.com/results/atva/atva-05results.htm

robman
02-07-2005, 02:09 PM
will any races be on tv?

Ralph
02-07-2005, 02:33 PM
i new Tim would beat some *** out there, i was the only one who said he could do it, SHAME ON YOU GUYS!

MXRACER86
02-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Where is all the pictures???? What is taken so long?????
I am a impacient a**hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atvmx14
02-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Anyone else notice that this thread already has 119 replies and 17728 views... 2004's race is at the bottom of this forum with only 122 replies and 14747 views and its been a full year..
All i got to say is awesome that makes me happy to see that everyone still has interest in this sport and that its growing so fast..:devil: :devil:

Rock on

Bush0102
02-07-2005, 03:51 PM
i just noticed Giovanni Colon was 16th overall- isnt this his first season racing in the US? I think he's sponsored by FMF...

hondaracer305
02-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Lurch
Great coverage! I can't wait until the Macon round. Keep up the good work.

When will that be? i really wanna go to Macon to see the top pros race instead of those gay quad wars in the monster truck rallies, lol. Thanks for checkin out my site man.

p@iNn3ck
02-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Great coverage! Awesome start to the season!

Golden Joker
02-07-2005, 04:52 PM
i just noticed Giovanni Colon was 16th overall- isnt this his first season racing in the US? I think he's sponsored by FMF...

yeah giovani colon is from a different country. He was on Huevos 7 but i forgot what part he was on. In the directors commentary Wes Miller said he raced a national in 2004.

SRH
02-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Golden Joker
yeah giovani colon is from a different country. He was on Huevos 7 but i forgot what part he was on. In the directors commentary Wes Miller said he raced a national in 2004.

i think hes riding on the media all stars team...

i think thats a real...i dont wanan say it but it makes doug gust look like a whiner or sore loser after he won all those races last season and then protests when farr smokes him

Freestylemxr
02-07-2005, 05:20 PM
I really want to see some pictures :(

FourFiftyFour
02-07-2005, 05:29 PM
my friend Misti Hues won the Womens B/C class, she races with me in my local series...way to go Misti!

quadchick3
02-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
my friend Misti Hues won the Womens B/C class, she races with me in my local series...way to go Misti!

Umm leslie ragon won womens b/c....

MXBlaster23
02-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Ya Giovani Colon raced at High Point last year. They built him a TRX450R last year at High Point just for that one race. After that weekend they tore it back down and gave the parts back to the companies they let him use them. That I believe was his first US national race. I think I heard hes suppose to race close to all the MX nationals this year.

Jeff2269
02-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know what happen with Doug Eichner? Did he not qualify?

foxracingpredat
02-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by SRH

i think thats a real...i dont wanan say it but it makes doug gust look like a whiner or sore loser after he won all those races last season and then protests when farr smokes him

I think Gust has the right to do it, it probably seemed unfair to him because they checked his motor size last year, and why shouldnt they do the same to Farr after the commanding wins that he had. Although if i were Gust i would have waited for Racer Productions or whoever runs the show to go in and check it out. It does kind of make Gust seem a little like a sore loser but i still support his decisions. i Mean what if he were right

Jeff2269
02-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I was there at the race and its not like they were commanding leads that he had. He pulled the holeshots both races but it wasnt like he was WAY in front of everyone. Ellis was right on his tail going into the big turn in moto 2. Also, i dont think there is anyway that Mark, Curtis, or anyone would every make his engine not of the legal cc limit. That would be terrible and ruin his their career and reputation. I think Suzuki was just shocked at how well they had the Honda dialed in. Tim flat out hauled ***** out there and rode the smoothest race ever!

Yamahauler_04
02-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Eichner did not qualify.

I can see why they tore down Farr's bike. It was not the same machine that he was on last year. Honda really stepped up.

Just the same as they did to Gust last year. No one could beleive that the Suzuki could pull like it did.

walker054
02-07-2005, 05:59 PM
a year or two ago at several of the gnc nationals three randomly selected pros engines were tore down after the second moto to check their engine sizes, I think this was the year that most pros were running CRF 450's that were destroked to 440.

MXRACER86
02-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Hey....why wasn't Shane Hitt in this race?????

TCracin440ex
02-07-2005, 07:22 PM
hitt only does TT now

FourFiftyFour
02-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by quadchick3
Umm leslie ragon won womens b/c....

i thought misti got first and leslie got 2nd...i think someone posted wrong results somewhere

Bush0102
02-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Kara are you racing at Lake Whitney or are you just going to be watching?

FourFiftyFour
02-07-2005, 07:51 PM
im racing at lake whitney

but i wont be anything spectacular..... im out of shape and havent gotten really good ride time in a year bc of those issues my quad had, itll be fun tho

BlueZ440
02-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Good coverage..I was there in person and got BEAT bad..:D
I had the best weekend ever..I met Doug and Jones and got video of everything..

EvilJester400EX
02-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Got that video on the internet?:cool:

BlueZ440
02-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
Got that video on the internet?:cool:

Not yet..I'm going to try and get my friend to post it on his website, so people can see the PROS in Action..

Oh yeah and someone said gust was 5 seconds behind..UMM NO..Try about 3.

BlueZ440
02-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Tim
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/bluez440/glen011.jpg

Doug catching air
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/bluez440/glen010.jpg

BlueZ440
02-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Doug & Jones

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/bluez440/glen003.jpg

BlueZ440
02-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Tim,Doug,Jones,Kory

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/bluez440/glen012.jpg

team_450_88
02-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Our Local boy Ragon did AWESOME..1st in pro am unlimted...way to throw down ragon !!

QuadJunkies
02-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Blue, how did you do on Sun.??? Did you get some good vidoes for me to make you a video with??!!! :blah: :macho
Regardless of how you all done Im still proud of ya ;)

hondaracer305
02-08-2005, 05:09 AM
so noone knows when they will be racing at Echeconee??

Great coverage BTW.

sharkinthepool
02-08-2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by atvmx14
Anyone else notice that this thread already has 119 replies and 17728 views... 2004's race is at the bottom of this forum with only 122 replies and 14747 views and its been a full year..
All i got to say is awesome that makes me happy to see that everyone still has interest in this sport and that its growing so fast..:devil: :devil:

Rock on

Yeah the quad market is starting to BOOM!:eek: As long as the Major 4 keep building the better machines and do not slack off. I was kind of nervous when the 2 stroke BS was released. But with the 450R and the yfz450, I think it will be OK. I do not have a problem with bikes, but I know we have a pretty good size local shop, that took over one of the K-mart stores. They say the quad thing is a craze and will never last. They hardly stock anything for quads, maybe some tires, and some skid plates.:grr:

I think that it is great that all the post are showing up and all the views to the thread. That shows just how much growth that we are seeing as an INDUSTRY!

BlueZ440
02-08-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Blue, how did you do on Sun.??? Did you get some good vidoes for me to make you a video with??!!! :blah: :macho
Regardless of how you all done Im still proud of ya ;)

On Sunday I got a BIG 16 but I should of got a DNF cuz I pulled off because my grip came off. It was a MUD fest and I will NEVER race on a race like that again..people were off the track, hitting fences..Yeah it was bad..But at the end I had FUN..

What I want to know is what was H-BOMB doing on the helicopter? Are they following the GNC series?

Lurch
02-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Round 4
April 2/3 2005
Echeconnee Off Road Park
Donny Banks
5070 Marshall Mill Rd
Lizella , GA 31052
Phone: 478-935-3206
tamara@capitolcycle.com
www.capitolcycle.com

sharkinthepool
02-08-2005, 11:03 AM
to bad Jason Luburg did not do better.:confused:

Gabriel Racing
02-08-2005, 02:15 PM
i think its funny that all the first 6 riders ( not sure about Byrd ) were all riding WALSH!

also great great job Tim Farr, hope you take it all this year, and i hope gust protest's every race!

but everyone be safe and good luck in races and nationals to come!

see ya in Unadilla the track in New York.

jones5790
02-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Glad to see a podium finish for my brother after last seasons mis-haps. I think Tim suprised quite a few people, but congrats none the less. I can't wait to see what happens when they get to a track they can race on. Trust me, Jeremiah's ready to rock and so is his Suzuki.:devil:

AtvMxRider
02-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Admin
Virginia resident, Dallas Tapscott

Congradulations to Dallas he finished 1-1 in the 71 to 90 production class:macho . He races with my son and he is very good.

Guy400
02-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Woohoo...Tim representin' North Canton:D

Great job to all those involved in bringing us this awesome coverage!

herb
02-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Congradulations to Dallas he finished 1-1 in the 71 to 90 production class:macho . He races with my son and he is very good.

District 13 did pretty good as a whole. Dallas 1-1, his brother Dexter(who i've raced plenty) 8-2 for 4th in open B, Tyler Edmondson went 2-2 in a 50 class , and his brother Eddie went 1-1 in youth prod. Glad they did well coming all the way from VA. Good Job.

Pappy
02-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Guy400

yes, very very good job!

ThumPIN_450R
02-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
On Sunday I got a BIG 16 but I should of got a DNF cuz I pulled off because my grip came off. It was a MUD fest and I will NEVER race on a race like that again..people were off the track, hitting fences..Yeah it was bad..But at the end I had FUN..

What I want to know is what was H-BOMB doing on the helicopter? Are they following the GNC series?

I'm the one that hit the fence blue i was running 2nd in prod. B and my front end started to push in the mud going into the corner and then the soft mud took ahold of my quad and sucked me off the side of the track and into the fence:eek2: I was not a happy person for shure

BlueZ440
02-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
I'm the one that hit the fence blue i was running 2nd in prod. B and my front end started to push in the mud going into the corner and then the soft mud took ahold of my quad and sucked me off the side of the track and into the fence:eek2: I was not a happy person for shure

Damn that sucks thump450.. You were haulin ***** 2..I was laughing my ***** off when you took the wood sticks and sign out..:D Did you pass everyone again? I sure had fun out in Cali..I'm ready for another round..

I think next time I'm running with the 10yr olds..LOL

400ex45
02-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Woohoo...Tim representin' North Canton:D

what do you mean by north canton other then kames

BRETZ56
02-09-2005, 03:25 PM
He moved from canal fulton, although I thought it was somewhere in Massillon

Guy400
02-09-2005, 03:43 PM
He actually lives in Canal Fulton which butts up next to North Canton. In fact, many race results show him being from North Canton.

daddio
02-09-2005, 03:52 PM
thumpin....... looks like you had a good weekend. Did you finish ahead of drew in the second moto? I was distracted and missed your guy's race. I thought Reed wrecked and got hurt, because he pulled off the track. As it turned out, sombody ran into the back of him and broke the fitting for the rear brake line, and he didn't want to ride without brakes.

Dice Wiley
02-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
i new Tim would beat some *** out there, i was the only one who said he could do it, SHAME ON YOU GUYS! u were right, man. my predictions stunk. can i get some lottery numbers?:D

400ex45
02-09-2005, 04:59 PM
He actually lives in Canal Fulton which butts up next to North Canton. In fact, many race results show him being from North Canton.

yah i know i seen it say massillon which i hope they wouldnt :D

catch22blaster
02-10-2005, 10:39 AM
cool pics:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

mitchummm
02-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Were they really strict as far as sound goes at Glen Helen. Does anybody knows what a Pro Circuit T4 slip-on runs of a 450r (decibles).
Also were they strick with number backgrounds in B and C production or B and C 4 stroke.
Do you think they willl let me run my blue backgorunds and plates with white numbers in production C? Or what about black backgrounds and plates with white number or even white backgrounds and plates with black numbers?
thanks

daddio
02-10-2005, 04:11 PM
they were only strict on sound for the pro class. all the am. classes were just warned to get their bikes quiet.
they didn't seem to care what number plate background you had, as long as you had a front number plate on the front bumper.

BlueZ440
02-10-2005, 04:14 PM
you need a front and rear bumper plate..Also make sure you are with in 50inches..

I know there was one pipe that didn't pass..It was a real short silencer..I forgot the name..

mitchummm
02-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Ok good deal. I have three sets of colors (backgrounds, front and rear plates) but there is no way i would put ugly *** yellow on the 450r. now way. so you thinking i'll be fine with my Pro Circuit t-4 slip on, i just left the spark arrestor on for now at least. My forst race is the Birch Creek race when i turn 16 on the 17th of April.

I am still undecidd to run eiother Production C or Production B.
Does anyone have any videos of both classes i can watch?
Thanks

BlueZ440
02-10-2005, 07:10 PM
If you are a beg in your local area sign up for SUPER BEG in the GNC. If you are in the INT sign up for prod C..:D

I ran prod c and 4stroke c and got my ***** handed to me..But I'm super slow..:p

mitchummm
02-11-2005, 06:49 AM
I think i am ging to do production C. I will go to Echeconee race ( i wish it was 2 weeks later so i could legally race it) and watch the c class riders. I am good at carrying my speed and staying low over any jumps, i am fast in the corners, but skipping whoops and holeshots i couold use some work, but that is what my practice track is for. for the 16-24 age class,how good are they, i bet they would be really good because thats your prome years for racing(except for Doug Gust)

herb
02-11-2005, 12:08 PM
for the 16-24 age class,how good are they,

fast.:eek2:

BRETZ56
02-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Also were they strick with number backgrounds in B and C production or B and C 4 stroke.

Only pro amd pro/am can run blue backgrounds with white numbers

mitchummm
02-11-2005, 08:40 PM
What about WHITE backgrounds and Black numbers?

BlueZ440
02-11-2005, 08:51 PM
I ran black back grounds with white numbers..

SRH
02-12-2005, 09:10 AM
unless its changed for c class you have to run black backgrounds with white numbers, b is yellow backgrounds A is white i think and blue is pro

Sandsjbyz22
02-12-2005, 09:45 AM
The ATVA has "suggested" background colors for each class. The only one that you cannot have like Bretz said is Blue backgrounds. Some of the local AMA districts make you have a certain background per class.