PDA

View Full Version : Atv "accident"

PunkA$$
02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=71776

Has anybody read about this yet? Absolutely disgusting. Also check out the link to the story on it (2nd page).

BTW I use the same nickname (Punk*****) on Bluetraxx as well, so you you can read my position on the subject.

Moto92
02-04-2005, 11:40 AM
helmets, helmets, HELMETS!
Its not that hard of a concept

02-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
helmets, helmets, HELMETS!
Its not that hard of a concept

i dont understand how people think it is cool to not wear a helmet when you're on a quad:huh its not very cool when your brains are scatterd on the road or you have to eat mashed vegetables for the rest of your life. It takes 5 seconds to strap a helmet on just think for an extra 5 seconds you spend you could live a normal life. why are some people so dumb. It really makes me mad to see this because it gives quads even a worse reputation :rolleyes:

Dale512
02-04-2005, 11:55 AM
The link on the first page about Brandon Wiedner from Smock, he was my cousin. It's always ashame to see it happen. Normally I wear a helmet, but I'm guilty of forgetting it or thinking I'm only out in the yard I don't need it, but now I'll be wearing it at all times.

clarkymckrash
02-04-2005, 12:42 PM
if it wasnt for my helmet i'd be dead a long,long time ago

and if i wreck hard enough i go buy a new one,just to be safe.

dirt308
02-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Somehow i still don't understand how people can ride with out a helmet. If i didn't have a helmet on all the times when i ride i'd either not be able to see from stuff hittin my head or else i'd probably be dead from all the low laying branches i've hit....

02-04-2005, 02:50 PM
not to join the bandwagon.. but.. i have absolutly NO remorse for the kid, but i do for there families JUST A LITTLE BIT! and only because the family should have pressed the issue a LITTLE BIT MORE about the helmets..

The kid got what he deserved, sad to say, but its true.. NOW GUESS WHAT! the CSPC has a TON more ammo to get these things banned..

wisen up people.. or youll end up like this kid.

btw, call me a hypocryte, but i dont wear a helmet, and i have a reason for it.. i have a 28 inch head, and i havent found one yet thatll fit.. and im not spending 600+ bux on a custom job.. but then again, im not a lunatic when i ride eaither.

Jesse

MSL
02-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Well dirt merchant i hope you never crash and bust your big head open and spill some pink matter because according to your own statement you got what you deserved. Your big head is just an excuse not to buy a helmet.

NO YOUNG PEOPLE DESERVE TO DIE THIS WAY!!!

Everyone on this site is guilty of making a poor decision a time or two..

AtvMxRider
02-04-2005, 04:32 PM
My ? is always the same for this type of stuff. Where were the parents??????

02-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by MSL
Well dirt merchant i hope you never crash and bust your big head open and spill some pink matter because according to your own statement you got what you deserved. Your big head is just an excuse not to buy a helmet.

NO YOUNG PEOPLE DESERVE TO DIE THIS WAY!!!

Everyone on this site is guilty of making a poor decision a time or two..

your right, i will have gotten what i deserve, but again, do you see spending 600+ bux on a custom helmet fesable? when you have a 80 dollar helmet? if you can find me a helmet that will fit on my head (28 3/4) inches, then ill buy it.. WHY should i have to spend that much money, for a helmet just because my head is big? ive TRIED to buy a helmet MANY times, and i have ACCUALLY BROKEN helmets at the stores.. even trying on XXXXL helmets dont fit.. they get to my cheeks and then start crackin.. i see that being JUST as unsafe as NOT wearing a helmet, if not worse.

But then again, because i dont have a helmet, i dont go out there jumping, riding wheelies, going fullfart over a BLIND hill..

what the hell was a 13 year old doing with such a powerful bike ANYWAYS?

brian-250
02-04-2005, 04:49 PM
what the hell was a 13 year old doing with such a powerful bike ANYWAYS? [/B]

ummmmmm, im 14 and have a 400, and know kids in 6th grade that have 300's and 400's to.;)

but yea only time i dont wear a helment is when i go to the neighbors or just pissin around the yard to wash it or something, if he smacked a track head on he had to be in the wrong lane, what a dumbass.:rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
02-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
ummmmmm, im 14 and have a 400, and know kids in 6th grade that have 300's and 400's to.;)

but yea only time i dont wear a helment is when i go to the neighbors or just pissin around the yard to wash it or something, if he smacked a track head on he had to be in the wrong lane, what a dumbass.:rolleyes:

It only takes 1 time and you don't have to be going fast.

wvspeedfreak
02-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Dirt Merchant.....I am in no way trying to flame you here but isn't your head worth $600 to you?That is a small price to pay to protect your noggin.Once again,I am not trying to be a smart *****,just trying to weigh out the difference between the price of the helmet versus a busted head.

MSL
02-04-2005, 04:56 PM
what the hell was a 13 year old doing with such a powerful bike ANYWAYS?

It was a blaster not a raptor. My son is 13 and rides a blaster. He wouldnt even fit on a smaller quad and ride safely. he is 5'10" and 145 lbs. You make it sound like the kid was 5 and on a blaster. My kid doesnt get to ride unsupervised or without his gear and especially not on the road. Dirt Merchant what do you ride and how old are you? Your life not worth $600.00 to you?

brian-250
02-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
It only takes 1 time and you don't have to be going fast.

i know i know........................ but its not like im gonna just pull out on the middel of the road get wound out and hit a truck..............

02-04-2005, 05:00 PM
bottom line is, the kid accepted responsiblility when he got on the bike, without a helmet.. accually he accepted FULL responsibility for him and his passenger when they got on the bike, helmet or not..

Theres a old saying that apply's to this issue.. "if you cant do the time, dont do the crime" The kid accepted the consequences of his actions.. period. The same way i would if i didnt wear a helmet and got my brains laid up on a trail..

And im not saying the kid couldnt handle the bike.. but its a federal law that anyone under the age of 16 cannot operate anything over 125 (i think its 125 it maybe 150 not sure) so its not just me..

Jesse

AtvMxRider
02-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
but its a federal law that anyone under the age of 16 cannot operate anything over 125 (i think its 125 it maybe 150 not sure) so its not just me..

Jesse

Show me this law. There is no law it is just a recommendation.

parks9
02-04-2005, 05:19 PM
there is no law that says you have to be 16 or older to ride something over 125 cc. im 15 ill be 16 in 2 months, im 5' 11" and wiegh 150 pounds, i ride a YFZ.

wilkin250r
02-04-2005, 05:32 PM
First of all, the federal law is just plain stupid. A 14 yr old kid is perfectly capable of handling a 250x. A 11yr. old is perfectly capable of handling a LT80.

Second, this was a kid we're talking about. Do you know why they have juvenile court? Do you know why kids can't vote, can't drive, can't smoke or drink? Because you can't really expect a kid to be responsible.

I say, his parents are at fault. His parents should have made sure he rode with his helmet on, make sure he doesn't ride on the road, make sure he doesn't have a passenger (although lets be honest, at least ride slowly and in control if he DOES have a passenger).

AtvMxRider
02-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

I say, his parents are at fault. His parents should have made sure he rode with his helmet on, make sure he doesn't ride on the road, make sure he doesn't have a passenger (although lets be honest, at least ride slowly and in control if he DOES have a passenger).

wilkin250r
02-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Show me this law. There is no law it is just a recommendation.

I think it's a law that dealers cannot SELL anything over 250cc to anyone under 16, but that doesn't pertain to riding. The implication is that anyone under 16 shouldn't be riding it.

02-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I think it's a law that dealers cannot SELL anything over 250cc to anyone under 16, but that doesn't pertain to riding. The implication is that anyone under 16 shouldn't be riding it.

yea what he said.. i get a little ahead of myself sometimes..

on the 400ex's it says "no riders under 16"(im pretty sure it does) i believe on the left front fender, but most of you cut that off lol.. im not saying a 16 year old couldnt handle it, or even a 13 year old.. but there is reasons they are put there, and before too long.. quads are going to be just like 3 wheelers, no longer produced.. because of kids like this one..

Jesse

quad
02-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Dirt merchant reminds me of the cartoon "hey arnold"LOL:D :p
j/k man.....it must suck!!:confused:

02-04-2005, 07:54 PM
i was talkin about it on a popular 3 wheeler board and posted a picture with a mesuring tape around my head.. it was 25 inches long, and i had a 3 and a half inch gap between the 2 ends..

Even tho i feel i have a valid reason for not wearing one.. i take responsibility if i get hurt.. but then again, if you hurt yourself by putting around at 10-15 mph, then you probably shouldnt be riding period..

And if anyone wants to cry about it.. send me 600 bux, and ill go get one built.. until then i dont see me paying that kinda money for a helmet..

i dont mind.. i make fun of my nugget all the time lol

Jesse

WEEZIL
02-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Dudei read the first 2 lines of the story and i asked myself the same question.
Where were the parents?
the lord knows I have done some STUPID! IDIOTIC! Things. That could have very well have goten me killed. It must have been a miracle some times. I am very sad to hear of this happening.
Was it stupid?
Very much so
Did the kid deserve to die?
What 13 year old does?... They are mostly innocent. It really bums me out to see this happen so everyone

W E A R A H E L M E T!

acold7dusta
02-05-2005, 10:27 AM
the only time i dont wear my helmet is when i putt up to my house. a while back i lost control of my bike at about 55 on dirt and landed on my head. yes i got knocked out or w/e but look at what would have been in my head:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p12824a0c9a193a37d44bebb734ffcb3f/f754f361.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p87b7143f6bbfdb7e88b23752597e17d0/f754f382.jpg
that was a vega helmet^^ cheap 60$ helmet
i got an HJC now and i dont see the same thing happening

yes accidents happen, yes u can take 5 seconds to put on a helmet...and with goggles u can acctually see since no wind is whippin at ur eyes

QuadJunkies
02-05-2005, 04:56 PM
A freind of mine in the last hour was hit head on by a Toyota truck at appox.40 MPH... He did have his helmet on(thank GOD! )He has been known to NOT wear it in the past until this last year) his Rencon is totaled we think,the Truck only has liability,hes pretty banged up but ALIVE and not in Critical ....I am convinced that had he not been wearing his Helmet, his son may not have had a Father by the end of this day... Helmets DO save lives

dpizz450
02-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by sEX
i dont understand how people think it is cool to not wear a helmet when you're on a quad
i agree. i think it actually IS cool to wear a helmet. ;)

banshee211
02-06-2005, 07:07 PM
i dont want to sound like a jerk or i am the most responsible person in the world but this kid is stupid how dumb can you be to not wear a helmet it takes 5 seconds to put it on and even if he didnt do the straps he might still be alive.....this is alot of the parents fault im 13....my parents know i always were my gear and dont even let me ride at night even tho i race and they know i can handle my quad.....the only time i dont wear my helmet is when i ride it 10 feet so i can wash it...stupid that a kid can be this stupid ive done really dumbs things but not wearing a helmet while maxing a quad is the beyond my stupidist thing...all kids on this site need to learn that wearing a helmet saves thousands of lives a day probally...i think a helmet looks cool and 100$ for a really good helmet that WILL save your life is a cheap price...its not if your ganna crash and have yours brains everywhere when u dont wear a helmet being stupids is when.. i could of put on my helmet about 50 times and taken it off 50 times by now in the 5 minutes it took me to write this it isnt hard..

Plante400
02-06-2005, 08:53 PM
My helmet saved my life in an accident i had doing a wheely in 5th gear to the bar... i was on 1 knew so when i cam down my friend.. which was unsafley close.. my front left tire landed on his right back fender and sent me off the bike. I hit on my shoulder blade then my head and somehow god dragged under my bike. i ended up somewhere in the dirt on the side of the road. I road home with a broken shoulder blade and looots of road rash... I still where the same helmet.. cuz yeah it saved my life.

sadley i havent learned and i still do the same stupid chit

Plante400
02-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Plante400
My helmet saved my life in an accident i had doing a wheely in 5th gear to the bar... i was on 1 knew so when i cam down my friend.. which was unsafley close.. my front left tire landed on his right back fender and sent me off the bike. I hit on my shoulder blade then my head and somehow god dragged under my bike. i ended up somewhere in the dirt on the side of the road. I road home with a broken shoulder blade and looots of road rash... I still where the same helmet.. cuz yeah it saved my life.

1 knee*

PunkA$$
02-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Plante400

Well, once you crash once with a helmet you should replace it immediatly. The styrofoam is probably all cracked to poop and it won't offer the same protection a second time.

FTR250Rnif
02-07-2005, 09:43 AM
thats really sad:(

Plante400
02-07-2005, 08:43 PM
thats probobly smart but its mostly just like road rash, i dont think that i hit very hard with my head, it was just like dragging one accross the pavement really fast haha

but yeah i didnt even know that thanks

hessianmx111
02-07-2005, 08:59 PM
A helmet has saved my life many many times, one time last year i was debating whether or not to throw my helmet on when i was gonna ride my utility quad back to the river behind my house with one of my friends who was riding his xr200. I figured ah im just gonna be putting back there really but something made me say throw it on, and sure enough i was riding towards the river behind me and my friend was riding behind me and had decided to try and pass me he was in 5th and i had turned right into his path and he t-boned me flipped the quad my head smacked the rocks pretty hard, i might have died that day if i hadnt decided to put it on. I am guilty of riding the utility around ever now and then without a helmet but whenever im on my 250f or 400ex it's always on.