PDA

View Full Version : do u guys like flames?

YFZ450Ridr
02-03-2005, 06:58 PM
im just curious to see who all likes flames on graphics. personally i cant stand flame graphics. some are ok, but i dont like them for the most part. any one else feel the same way about flames?

nosliw
02-03-2005, 07:02 PM
not on a quad. those ones alba puts on their 400ex makes me want to puke.

cars/bikes are another thing.....

Honda4trax250x
02-03-2005, 07:11 PM
ehhhhh they are a little overused, by I still like 'em

Mxjunkie
02-03-2005, 07:13 PM
I love em, i love drawing and painting them as well :)

Hondadudeehhhh
02-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
i agree. They look cool on older cars but they've been so overused i like to see some original stuff

Sportrax10
02-03-2005, 07:18 PM
I like flames... :macho

After you have them for a while they get a little old though... :o

gratzracing24
02-03-2005, 07:29 PM

i was thinking this same question earlier today

fire_axx
02-03-2005, 07:46 PM
check the name buddy :D :devil: :p
people call me a pyro????

TheFontMaster
02-03-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm gonna paint flames on the front plastics for my project R. I think that the flame grafics are getting overused as well. The painting of the flames will alow me to get a more custom look, and IMO will look much nicer than any grafics kit out there.

450Racer
02-03-2005, 08:16 PM
i don't like them. you don't have to put flames on your quad to make you look fast. it's cool for backyard stuff but for serious racing, it just doesn't look professional. i'd much rather have another kit...Nac's Racing just came out with a new graphics kit which will be here free at my door tomorrow :blah:

02-03-2005, 08:18 PM
i like flames i am debating wether on not to get flames tattoed from my wrist to my elbo.... i dont want them to be like red and yellow i want them to be like a really light shade of white or something i want it so if ur look at my arm u dont notice them right away.... but after looking for a lil while u can see them but the problem is idk wut color it would be...........if u have any idea wut color it would be or any pics of flames like that please let me kno
:devil:

mrusk
02-03-2005, 08:24 PM
flames are queer!

A guy with flames on his truck, bike quad, arm is like a chick with a tatoo on her lower back.

Matt

Scott-300ex
02-03-2005, 09:31 PM
man, flames were cool to me when i was like 3, and i first started seein them, but now like, every car at my school has them, they are anoying as hell now and i hate it, there are only 1 type of flames that i like, the ones that look like real flames, they must be air brushed on there each one at a time, they are like 3/8" big and there are like a million of them on the hood to cover it, it looks like real flames, those ones are cool the rest suck

Warrioreater400ex
02-03-2005, 09:31 PM
I like flames but i think they are very overused and very poorly done a lot of times.... however... i would LOVE to see a good kit with Lightning bolts on it, not like drawn ones or cartoon ones but like real looking lightning, yknow with the same color background as the quad...

Mxjunkie
02-03-2005, 09:33 PM
I think the crappy ones etc pretty much killed it.. :scary:

mxdave28
02-03-2005, 09:33 PM
most of what ya'll are thinking are fake flames 2d persay, want some real stuff that actually looks like fire??? check this guy out now this is "tru fire"

click on skip intro, go to tru fire on the left side and enjoy!

http://www.killerpaint.com/flash/killerpaint_flash_index.html

Nausty
02-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
im just curious to see who all likes flames on graphics. personally i cant stand flame graphics. some are ok, but i dont like them for the most part. any one else feel the same way about flames?

personally I think they look kinda cool but they are wayyyyy over done! I'd pry never have em'.

JTRtrx250r
02-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
most of what ya'll are thinking are fake flames 2d persay, want some real stuff that actually looks like fire??? check this guy out now this is "tru fire"

http://www.killerpaint.com/flash/killerpaint_flash_index.html :eek2: :huh ...incredable!!!!!!

Thats gotta be the best Ive seen ever!:macho :cool: :cool:

stace609
02-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by nosliw
not on a quad. those ones alba puts on their 400ex makes me want to puke.

cars/bikes are another thing.....
You can say that again! I hate alba's graphics. They're so cheap and flat looking. I'd rather have stock graphics.

Flames done right can be cool like someone else said on motorcycles or expensive car paint jobs.

Besides, I hear splashes are the way to go :cool:

JR3
02-04-2005, 03:50 AM
I feel flames are getting way played out everyone has them now. I really like these flames thoe http://redline-xtreme.com/gallery/albums/Team2004/JimmyHandstand_001.jpg

JTRtrx250r
02-04-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by mxdave28

http://www.killerpaint.com/flash/killerpaint_flash_index.html damn...those guys are local too!:D :cool:

mxdave28
02-04-2005, 09:52 AM
i was watching a program (which i cant remember what it was now) and they were using this guy for a job...they then went into a story about him and the guy told this story that he was flying his chopper coming into town to a restuarant for dinner and when he landed he was met by the police,fire, and ambulance with lights and sirens....apparently a passer-by saw the chopper thought it was on fire and making a emergency landing just beyond the eat joint (which had a landing pad) hahahahaha:D

Yea those are the TRU Fire by all means 3D...the guys here at the fire station want to have the pump panel and the rear of the water tank on our brush tank painted:muscle:

FourFiftyFour
02-04-2005, 10:07 AM
my quad has flames on it..personally i like flames... it fits my personality...and i got the graphic kit for free so I cant complain either

http://users4.ev1.net/~jandjracing/h1005r39.jpg

dober250R
02-04-2005, 10:37 AM
i'm a fan of the flames 2, there are some sh*tty lookin flames out there, and the flames on the crotch rocket are not flames, that would be known as tribal artwork.....................looks sweet though. I have the k and k flame kit on my 250R, u can check it out in the 250R forum... at work, don't have the pic on this computer...............

sharkinthepool
02-04-2005, 10:46 AM
I like K&K graphics and plan on getting some here shortly. But that is about it. I think the kits that you see on ebay and the ones with just the flames are gay!