View Full Version : Silver Lake dunes Michigan

Oldrrider
02-03-2005, 06:19 PM
How far are the dunes in Michigan from Madison Wisconsin? I am looking to visit in Madison and may want to run over there if it is not too far.

Thanks in advance!

400exnac
02-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Take the boat (ferry) to Ludington and then its only about an hour from there if that. The boat ride takes about 4 hours.

brif
02-05-2005, 03:30 PM
I live about 45min west of madison and go to silverlake about twice a year. It's about a good 7.5hr drive for us. We usually leave so we can run through chicago during the early hours of the mourning otherwise you would lose alot of time in traffic. The ferry would be a good way to go although it's real spendy especially if you have a trailer. Maybe 400exnac can help out here but it was not cheap. For what it cost to drive around even with these gas prices it wasn't even something I'd consider unless you were really pressed for time.

400exnac
02-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Thats my fault. I didnt even think about $$$. Its like $72 roud trip per person and another $3.75 per trailer foot. Id drive myself. I hoep that helps out.

brif
02-05-2005, 10:01 PM
I think there is another ferry that goes from I believe milwaukee to mukegan (about 45 miles from mears). This is the newest ferry. I don't think it's any cheaper than the other one. I believe you'd have to travel atleast acouple hours from madison to get to a location to board the ferry.
Although I'd love to ride the ferry one-way once to just say I tried it. ;)