PDA

View Full Version : db'd my pipe

Deathbringer
04-30-2002, 09:36 PM
Ok here is what I got.. now remember my DB meter is only a Radio Shack one so its not pro equipment but it works pretty darn good

At idle my WB's E-series pipe metered at 91db
At different rev's (didn't gauge the rpms) 102-104db

So if you are using it in the Oregon dunes you will NOT pass.

JustRace
04-30-2002, 09:54 PM
Thanks!

Its basically the same rules for the sand dunes in Michigan.

WyoDuner
05-01-2002, 01:16 PM
Wow. That is LOUD... How far away did you measure it from. I think Oregon standards call for 3 feet at a 45 degrees angle from the pipe???

Deathbringer
05-01-2002, 01:35 PM
I measured like they do which is 20" away to the outside of the bike and at a 45 degree angle... the 45 degree angle was a good guess, but I also veried it around from right behind to completely beside the bike... its a noisy pipe and probably wont pass ever in any condition.

twisted threads
05-01-2002, 02:04 PM
The only reason I got rid of my WB E-series pipe is because of the noise it made. There are lot louder bikes out there but last time down im florence I got chased by the sound cops. I don't know if it was my R that was to loud or the Ex but Im not taking any more chances if you know what I mean. If you ask me there is a lot more things out in the world more important than bother people tring to have a little fun with there family and freinds. SOUND LAWS SUCK!!:)