PDA

View Full Version : Changes on 2002 Craptor

knighttime
09-07-2001, 09:08 AM
The following is from the October Dirtwheels mag.

"Generally a new model doesn't receive many changes in its second year, but that is not the case with Yamaha's Craptor 660. For 2002, the Craptor will have new gear ratios, a stronger axle, and YZ-style rear suspension. These are significant changes and we'll have more details on them as well as a full test on the new Craptor in an upcoming issue."

Wheelie
09-07-2001, 09:14 AM
No matter how many changes they make to it, it will still be a Yamaha.......

09-07-2001, 12:36 PM
Did they really use the term craptor in the mag.:confused: ..LOL

knighttime
09-07-2001, 12:58 PM
Yes!:devil

stevengates45
09-08-2001, 12:44 PM
Seriously man, y do yall dog out Yamaha so bad??

kc 300EX
09-08-2001, 01:50 PM
really, i mean come on, i know you all hate it when Raptor owners tell you the 400EX sucks, so why say that Raptors suck?

Wheelie
09-08-2001, 02:13 PM
kc 300ex--Good Point, if everyone liked and owned the same kinds of cars,quads, etc...it would be a very boring world. I apologize if I offended anyone. Out of the group I ride with, I am the only Honda quad rider out ten people (3 banshees, 2 blasters, 2 warriors, 1 wolverine, 1 raptor, 1 400ex). Yamaha makes good machines, just not as refined as Hondas.

09-17-2001, 02:37 PM
say yamaha ran out of gaskets, there take a cereal box and cut it in the shape of it, then throw it in, "ahhh i guess it'll work..."
thats just an ex.

i think there just not well built machines.
a guy bought a new warrior and took good care of it,
things were breaking that werent normal and he wasnt riding it hard.

HONDA, CAME OUT WITH A 250R ON THE MID 80'S, THERE STILL AROUND AND ALL IN ONE PEAICE!

i wish i could buy a yamaha and not have the damn bumber fall off.

hahahaha

RIDERED

Zack.

Quadracer5
09-19-2001, 09:39 PM
In my experience honda and yamaha reliability have been almost identical. I've seen plenty of new honda's have problems when new, its a random thing for the most part, not a flaw in the design. I do not see any point in slurring either yamaha or honda terms and products. Just because you ride a honda doesn't mean you have to mock yamaha. This forum used to be a relief for me because there was no honda vs. yamaha crap. I have owned yamaha and honda, and I ride with just about everything, new and old. We all have FUN, and thats all that matters to us. I ride a banshee, I don't make fun of my friend who rides a '92 blaster, and I don't make fun of my friend who rides a '89 250X. My point is this, riding is meant to be fun, and I personally don't visit this site to read this nonsense, thats why a lot of us quit going to the connection forums way back when.

Kyle

crday98
09-20-2001, 10:57 AM
i find hondas reliability to be far better than yamaha.i bought a warrior new and in a months time the top motor mount snapped 3 times,the exhaust studs snapped twice ,and if i had a dime for every nut and bolt that fell out or came very loose i'd have enough money to buy 2 quads.this isn't a rare case because i know 5 people that had the same problems.yet on my 400ex,the only bolt that came out was one holding on the black side panel.i used to be a die-hard yammy owner but find hondas to be better.why is it yamaha can't seem to build a quad without a piss-poor chain adjustment set up or airbox design?could they have improved this over the last 14 years or so???

JabberJaw
09-20-2001, 12:54 PM
I ride a Yamahonda! or was it a Hondayama?

Nausty
09-24-2001, 12:04 PM
I think their both good I got 2 yami's and 2 honda's and they are all great sept the blaster but not bad for $3000