PDA

View Full Version : Not Starting

Dust_1503
02-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Okay i just got my ex done with its winter rebuild and i had it at my buddies shop and it started fine there so i get home to put it in the barn and it won't start because the battery didn't have enough charge, so i take the battery out and let it charge over right, now when i put the batter back in and hook everything up turn it on and as soon as i hit the start button the neutral light pops off and it makes an electrical sound sorta like the sound of a spark or a fuse blowing. I check the fuse its fine, if i turn everything off and let it sit for awhile and come back out it will show the light and same situation. I checked all the grounds and connections today and they seem to be fine. So all i can think of is that the battery might be junk or it could need to be charged more or something i'm pretty boggled right now.

sprtrx300ex
02-03-2005, 03:53 PM
jump the battery off a car.. see if that works. We had the same problem with my friends foreman. Also, you might have to move the negitive part of the jumper cable around to different places to get a good connection.

JRDrider22
02-03-2005, 04:03 PM
did you get your frame powdercoated??? this could be a big reason

Dust_1503
02-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I took one of those Battery jumper packs too it and the light wouldn't even come on and i did try the ground in a different place with no improvement, so i went back to the old spot were it started previously and cleaned it up more and then reatatched the ground still nothing....
Quick question is the battery on the EX a 12vlt. or 6?

drewdawg88t
02-03-2005, 04:17 PM
ex battery is 12 volt......it is a grounding problem,i just had the same exact problem,not a big deal,you just have to get it grounded properly. if you painted or pc'd your frame then you need to clean it up very very good at the grounding spot. i also use a second ground wire that i ran to a motor mount,problem solved.

JRDrider22
02-03-2005, 04:34 PM
^^^^ he knows what hes talking about

Dust_1503
02-03-2005, 04:40 PM
yeah i had it pc'd thats what it must be, i cleaned up the battery ground very well, it might be the ground that comes off the coil? would that cause it?

Jonas
02-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Your Battery grounds out through your subrame, frame and motor.

1) First pull your lower subrame bolts out and pivot the subframe out away from the main frame.
2) Grind off some of the powder coat that is between your frame and subframe to make sure that you have good metal to metal contact.
3) Put bolts back in and tighen down.
4) Do the same thing with the upper subrame mounts.
5) Also, make sure that the battery is grounding to the subframe good.

Your neutral light problem will be solved.

Dust_1503
02-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Alright yeah that makes a ton of sense, thanks a bunch, i'm gonna get right on that.