PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Carb

Griff
02-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Was wondering if anyone has ever tried the edelbrock carb for the 400ex. if so, is it much better than stock or not, considering the price.

enduro400rider
02-03-2005, 02:08 PM
i have one on my 400 it works great but i heard you need some mods for it to work at its best like an exughst and a cam but even with a stock motor you ll know its there. one thing you have to do is take a grinder to the thumb throttle assembly and grind down the side so you can get it wide open its pretty easy nothing major im pretty sure it explains it in the instuctions. one more thing edlebrock is an awsome company i snaped off a screw in my carb totaly my fault they said send it back and they fixed if for free and cleaned and tuned it it was like new when i got it back they are very freindly and they back there products 100% and i wasnt even the original owner of the carb too.

Vista Cruiser
02-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I like mine, although I don't think I would do the carb as a first mod. I did the pipe first, then an HRC cam, then finally the carb and it really helped on the top end. Easy to tune also. Since then I've gone with an 11:1 stock bore piston and head porting which really woke the motor up too.

Griff
02-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Well so far ive only got exhaust. Dg exxcelerater stage 3 full kit. added noticeable power, sound. even better with the spark arrester removed. thanx for everbodys input
Griff